This is why AOE3 is dying!

Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Re: This is why AOE3 is dying!

Post by oxaloacetate »

momuuu wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

If a toxic waste management company known for dumping huge amounts of trash in the rivers calls you out for throwing your soda can on the ground, would you take its comment seriously?
The damage that Musket has done to the community by repeatedly cheating and lying is far greater than all casters combined.

So that means it's okay to throw soda cans on the ground then?

I think he is right here when it comes to the casting quality though. It's too annoying to have to listen to someone spewing out fake news like he's an American news channel. I wonder if it would be worth it, from the quarter/semi finals onwards to reward casters with some money and reduce the prize pool. Why not ask veni and interjection to cast the finals for a small compensation? I don't think anyone in the community would mind taking 50 bucks from the 1000 dollar prize pool. Casters are just as important as players imo.

But never mind, let's dismiss this entire topic because we dislike sir musket!

The problem is not with the matter raised, but in what manner it is done. Pretty much human interaction 101. How hard is that to understand?

While I do not want to talk bad about any caster, as I greatly appreaciate their time and effort, I do think it potentially could be benefitial looking into the suggestion of econonmically motivating more seasoned casters to take part in the later stages of the tournaments. It's not an idea without flaws though, as it maybe would make the other (uncompensated) casters think twice about what they're doing. It's not funny being told you're a part of the B-team in such an official way. So in this manner it could end up hurting the end product more than the, allegedly, increased quality of casting in the later rounds makes up for.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

momuuu wrote:I think he is right here when it comes to the casting quality though. It's too annoying to have to listen to someone spewing out fake news like he's an American news channel.

While I agree that it's very irritating to hear lower level casters assert wrong stuff, I still don't see the point of this thread. Not because sirmusket made it (which is quite ridiculous to be fair), but because there's no solution to this problem.

I mean, maybe a part of the problem could be solved by talking to some lower level casters, so that they try to be less categorical. But guess what, that's what we're already trying to do. There's some feedback threads in the casting discord/forums, and I remember roasting myself (along with some other people) someone who did spew out fake news too much. Not much more we can do about it tbh, besides kicking casters who do it way too much (not that I can think of any caster atm that would deserved to be kicked though), which is not what we want because, well, we're short on casters.

The other part of the problem is that, however humble he may be, a lower level caster simply cannot analyse a top level game. It would obviously be way better to always have at least one pr35+ casting after RO8. But again, we're short on casters. Trust me, if there was a bunch of good pr35+ casters around, we would always have them casting in the later rounds. We simply don't have that luxury. And that's why I say this thread is useless, because, to quote our beloved sirmusket: "IMO at r032+ we should have only pr35+ casting"...

momuuu wrote:I wonder if it would be worth it, from the quarter/semi finals onwards to reward casters with some money and reduce the prize pool. Why not ask veni and interjection to cast the finals for a small compensation? I don't think anyone in the community would mind taking 50 bucks from the 1000 dollar prize pool. Casters are just as important as players imo.

BrookG wrote:If you don't have resources to make bins, then it seems the only option. I will agree with rewarding people that do a significant effort in the tourney. And few have raised the issue of the insanely high reward that goes solely to players

Problem is that esoc is not actually hiring people. To me it feels weird to give a salary to some people to cast. And honestly I don't know if I'd want to cast anymore myself when I see that some other people get paid to cast the later rounds, it's not really flattering for me as a caster. And this could apply to other casters as well, it's just potentially quite demotivating.

Meanwhile, having a reward for people winning tourneys is just normal, I mean, it's just how competitions work. And I wouldn't call that reward "insanely high". Let's say it's the best we can hope for in a 13yo dead game, but it's not like it's an obscene amount of money.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

I agree with kaiser on money(with other stuff). If you something for money you lose inner motivation and conditioned to reward, not joy of action. There are experiments rewarding children on what they like and their passion weakens afterwards.

I dont find wrong information too bad as long as they show whats going on i like casters like chrissie radix and they are getting better and will be better if they like what they are doing.
As a noob i like pro analysis like kaiser because it helps me too understand game better. I have to mention that excessive iritation in some high level players is childish. They already know the game but when they see wrong info they go mad and flame, they act like they wanna cast but their seat is taken.
United States of America cedarfarms
Dragoon
ESO: Cedar_farms_

Re: This is why AOE3 is dying

Post by cedarfarms »

Honestly never really minded anyone casting with exception to radix and his rant about how one pronounces the Dutch dragoon unit.
But I’d be willing to cocast with someone on the weekends if it would help out.
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

I actually think the reward for the tourneys is low, and that only the top 3 should get paid. That is a different topic though.

As far as the OP I think Chrisie is decent and unique. As long as there is one pro guy explaining to us noobs about BOs and strategy then it works well.

That is why Zuta/Interjection worked so well, they are like pro sports team commentators.
One guy describes what is happening and the other explains why it is happening.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

If the caster doesn't quite know the nuances of high level play it has never bothered me.

I can look at the minimap and scores and judge for myself what the state of the game is, fairly accurately too. It's true that I enjoy it when the nuances of high level play are explained to me, but honestly there is always a trade-off. Some of the high level players have a very fine understanding of the game but lack the English ability to spew out words in a way that sounds nice and pleasant. When you cast, you're telling a story. Sometimes overly analytical casters can sound like teachers*. Chrisie's enthusiasm is infectious. I enjoy that a lot.

*I always enjoy Radix casting for this reason by the way. He's very pleasant to just listen to. And I care more about the tibdits he brings in than his game knowledge.
United States of America frostibite
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

No, aoe is dead because it is a 13 year old RTS that has been unsupported for too long.
The majority of people who play aoe don't even know ESOC exists and therefore have no clue that tournaments take place.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

cedarfarms wrote:Honestly never really minded anyone casting with exception to radix and his rant about how one pronounces the Dutch dragoon unit.

How’s it’s going cedarfarms. You could help co cast some games during the telethon.

You named yourself after cedarfarms near your house?
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I am ezcaster
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:talking too fast should generally be avoided when doing any type of public speaking.

What about auctioneers

Umeu can't argue, rekt
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:
umeu wrote:talking too fast should generally be avoided when doing any type of public speaking.

What about auctioneers

Umeu can't argue, rekt

You can't read. Try again. Focus you pea brain on the word g...y
Also it doesn't really convey any message better, they speak fast because of capitalism.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

What about auctioneers

Umeu can't argue, rekt

You can't read. Try again. Focus you pea brain on the word g...y
Also it doesn't really convey any message better, they speak fast because of capitalism.

I can read. But I knew the illiterates on this site would find it funny. Point in case, racking in likes.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Stop seeing external approval as a justification of the worth of your existence, and you will be happier for it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

stupideu
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

cedarfarms wrote:Honestly never really minded anyone casting with exception to radix and his rant about how one pronounces the Dutch dragoon unit.

Radex absolutely did what had to be done there, the pronouncation of Ruyter is generaly awfull, even Chrissie cant/wont do it right
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:stupideu

bite me, shitson
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Anyone want to apply for casting?

Pm to me please
shit juice :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

^ close this thread please, thish ish getting out of hand!!!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:
momuuu wrote:I think he is right here when it comes to the casting quality though. It's too annoying to have to listen to someone spewing out fake news like he's an American news channel.

While I agree that it's very irritating to hear lower level casters assert wrong stuff, I still don't see the point of this thread. Not because sirmusket made it (which is quite ridiculous to be fair), but because there's no solution to this problem.

I mean, maybe a part of the problem could be solved by talking to some lower level casters, so that they try to be less categorical. But guess what, that's what we're already trying to do. There's some feedback threads in the casting discord/forums, and I remember roasting myself (along with some other people) someone who did spew out fake news too much. Not much more we can do about it tbh, besides kicking casters who do it way too much (not that I can think of any caster atm that would deserved to be kicked though), which is not what we want because, well, we're short on casters.

The other part of the problem is that, however humble he may be, a lower level caster simply cannot analyse a top level game. It would obviously be way better to always have at least one pr35+ casting after RO8. But again, we're short on casters. Trust me, if there was a bunch of good pr35+ casters around, we would always have them casting in the later rounds. We simply don't have that luxury. And that's why I say this thread is useless, because, to quote our beloved sirmusket: "IMO at r032+ we should have only pr35+ casting"...

momuuu wrote:I wonder if it would be worth it, from the quarter/semi finals onwards to reward casters with some money and reduce the prize pool. Why not ask veni and interjection to cast the finals for a small compensation? I don't think anyone in the community would mind taking 50 bucks from the 1000 dollar prize pool. Casters are just as important as players imo.

BrookG wrote:If you don't have resources to make bins, then it seems the only option. I will agree with rewarding people that do a significant effort in the tourney. And few have raised the issue of the insanely high reward that goes solely to players

Problem is that esoc is not actually hiring people. To me it feels weird to give a salary to some people to cast. And honestly I don't know if I'd want to cast anymore myself when I see that some other people get paid to cast the later rounds, it's not really flattering for me as a caster. And this could apply to other casters as well, it's just potentially quite demotivating.

Meanwhile, having a reward for people winning tourneys is just normal, I mean, it's just how competitions work. And I wouldn't call that reward "insanely high". Let's say it's the best we can hope for in a 13yo dead game, but it's not like it's an obscene amount of money.

I can see the downsides. But tbh in real life for example its common practise to give people that volunteer for shit a small gift at least. A bottle of wine or a small gift card or such. It would create a bit of a disparity, but on the other hand it might motivate casters to actually start playing the game..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

well, it always comes down to the same thing: quality requires time, resources and commitment, which some people are just not willing to put in a game of this caliber anymore — it applies to all staff members, be it a moderator or a media team member
the solution, though, is actually rather straightforward, but takes some effort, too: these weak casters could spend some of their free time learning the strategies, the meta or practising their accents or voice emission, but well, you don't see it too often, do you
in conclusion, there's plenty to whine about, but not much can be done anyways in this state of the game (with no news about AoE3:DE and an utter failure of AoE1:DE) — if it's any productive, it's up to you
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't get how people are bad at casting. I was literally OP at my first cast. I don't even have to try.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

deleted_user wrote:I don't get how people are bad at casting. I was literally OP at my first cast. I don't even have to try.

I can confirm that you really are
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

Hmm i don't understand the hate against chrisie in particular, i actually enjoy listening to his cast a lot.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Pm for nudes
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu