Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Re: This is why AOE3 is dying!

Post by BrookG »

momuuu wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:OP is Sir_Musket btw.

That basically made the thread entirely irrelevant. Chrisie casting games is not killing aoe3, but moesbar hacking and being toxic to the community like sirmusket... yeah that will.

Why does that invalidate whatever point he is making?

Βad casters might kill esoctv, but not the game. Game is not very alive anyways
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Agree with Veni best caster ever :D

Just a small, related rant:
I really hate it when casters go into that hyper mode where they feel the urge to describe, at 200KPH, exactly what is going on on the screen (which you can also see as well as them). I can see why this would be good if you were just listening on radio, but do you really need someone to shout in your ear exactly what you can obviously see as well?

I didn't want to call Interjection by name, but I guess it's ok if I say that IMO his casting is really good and funny (which is not a common trait) most of the time, but I just hate it when he gets into those hyper episodes.

For some reason this is considered "good casting". Can someone explain why?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I think Momuuu is saying that who is saying it shouldn't make the point more or less true, so the fact that it's SirMusket shouldn't invalidate his point.

ovi12 wrote:Agree with Veni best caster ever :D

I really hate it when casters go into that hyper mode where they feel the urge to describe, at 200KPH, exactly what is going on on the screen (which you can also see as well as them). I can see why this would be good if you were just listening on radio, but do you really need someone to shout in your ear exactly what you can obviously see as well?

I didn't want to call Interjection by name, but I guess it's ok if I say that IMO his casting is really good and funny (which is not a common trait) most of the time, but I just hate it when he gets into those hyper episodes.

Interesting that you say that. I have actually been trying to do this because I thought it also adds to the hype and when talking faster you also have more time to talk about other stuff. Wondering what other people think about this.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

talking too fast should generally be avoided when doing any type of public speaking.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

edeholland wrote:I think Momuuu is saying that who is saying it shouldn't make the point more or less true, so the fact that it's SirMusket shouldn't invalidate his point.

ovi12 wrote:Agree with Veni best caster ever :D

Interesting that you say that. I have actually been trying to do this because I thought it also adds to the hype and when talking faster you also have more time to talk about other stuff. Wondering what other people think about this.

Yeah I would also like to know what other people think. In any case I think your casting is already very good. Good knowledge, good map awareness (not missing big fights or raids while talking about something else), and interesting commentary.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

ovi12 wrote:For some reason this is considered "good casting". Can someone explain why?

Even though it may not have any effect on you, people generally like this kind of casting a lot as they'll get hyped because of the casting, not because of what's happening.
For example its the difference between most commentators and spanish commentators on a football match. Just take a look at a rocket league, csgo, sc2, LoL finals, I think it has the main goal of attracting people that know less about the game more as they wont get hyped as fast by good plays. But its also just another layer of hype, which is usually a good thing.

It brings the hype to the people that don't get it from just watching the game, its preference, but overall hyping up certain plays make for a better watch imo.

(also thread title is pretty funny, people calling games like hearthstone and pubg dying, and now this :hmm: . if aoe3 isn't "dead", what is?)
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

momuuu wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:OP is Sir_Musket btw.

That basically made the thread entirely irrelevant. Chrisie casting games is not killing aoe3, but moesbar hacking and being toxic to the community like sirmusket... yeah that will.

If a toxic waste management company known for dumping huge amounts of trash in the rivers calls you out for throwing your soda can on the ground, would you take its comment seriously?
The damage that Musket has done to the community by repeatedly cheating and lying is far greater than all casters combined.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

The most important thing for a caster to be is entertaining. I would prefer that over somebody who is boring but has the best game knowledge
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
momuuu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

If a toxic waste management company known for dumping huge amounts of trash in the rivers calls you out for throwing your soda can on the ground, would you take its comment seriously?
The damage that Musket has done to the community by repeatedly cheating and lying is far greater than all casters combined.

Perhaps you wouldn't but it remains a fallacious argument.

that said, I don't think he has any good point beyond the obvious. Those casters are mostly employed out of necessity, and of course good/bad is subjective. If you don't like the commentary, you can always turn it off. Which I sometimes do.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

fightinfrenchman wrote:The most important thing for a caster to be is entertaining. I would prefer that over somebody who is boring but has the best game knowledge

There are more ways to be entertaining than screaming obvious things in your EAR.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

ovi12 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:The most important thing for a caster to be is entertaining. I would prefer that over somebody who is boring but has the best game knowledge

There are more ways to be entertaining than screaming obvious things in your EAR.

True but you can alwas just mute the stream if you don't like the caster.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

The thing is many things are obvious but castera emphasize it to create hype or importance. Or who wouldnt get excited when aiz tries to pull cannons from gates? Casters like inter use their positive energy to make the experience more vivid.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

True but you can alwas just mute the stream if you don't like the caster.

1) I like interjection most of the time
2) Watching a muted stream sucks
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

umeu wrote:talking too fast should generally be avoided when doing any type of public speaking.

Now you got it right.
give that guy a manual
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ez
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

even if sir sket is the worst caster himself, it doesn't make the point invalid; you don't have to be a master of arts to know it's bad
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

pecelot wrote:even if sir sket is the worst caster himself, it doesn't make the point invalid; you don't have to be a master of arts to know it's bad

For the record I am a master of arts

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Instead of whining about the casters we have, why not be grateful that these games are being cast at all? Instead of hating on this or that caster, why not tell them areas where they are strong and areas where they can improve?
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

BrookG wrote:For the record I am a master of arts

How are taxi driver salaries these days?
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

pecelot wrote:even if sir sket is the worst caster himself, it doesn't make the point invalid; you don't have to be a master of arts to know it's bad

It doesn't invalidate his point (a point I don't agree with), but it most likely achieves nothing else but to demotivate and further diminish the already very narrow pool of casters. So that's awesome.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

truth is I am responsible for aoe3 dying

what u gonna do now? pin me on a cross again?
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

aligator92 wrote:
BrookG wrote:For the record I am a master of arts

How are taxi driver salaries these days?

funny you expected me to actually have a job hahahahah

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

When I see topics like this I don't even regret to be less implied in the community than ever
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
momuuu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

So that means it's okay to throw soda cans on the ground then?

I think he is right here when it comes to the casting quality though. It's too annoying to have to listen to someone spewing out fake news like he's an American news channel. I wonder if it would be worth it, from the quarter/semi finals onwards to reward casters with some money and reduce the prize pool. Why not ask veni and interjection to cast the finals for a small compensation? I don't think anyone in the community would mind taking 50 bucks from the 1000 dollar prize pool. Casters are just as important as players imo.

But never mind, let's dismiss this entire topic because we dislike sir musket!
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

If you don't have resources to make bins, then it seems the only option. I will agree with rewarding people that do a significant effort in the tourney. And few have raised the issue of the insanely high reward that goes solely to players