Pull" Trick" discussion

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Pull" Trick" discussion

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Kaiserklein wrote:People used the moesbar maphack on nilla in 2013? You sure about that?
I know there was the maphack/OOS software, I just don't think it would actually give LOS to your units
Nah, there was a lot of maphack, zoomhack, oos (almost everybody had the nilla maphack/oos at some point), but moesbar came with moesbar in 2015.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

diarouga should know -- the man knows all about cheating and how to spread them.

User was warned for baiting.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lol since when did mods (instantly) remove factual posts about users intentionally spreading moesbar hacks?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@ESOCommunity boy, shick. at least talk.

I thought it was policy anyways to leave the messages up and edit the comments that the user was warned/banned for this behavior.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:People used the moesbar maphack on nilla in 2013? You sure about that?
I know there was the maphack/OOS software, I just don't think it would actually give LOS to your units
(almost everybody had the nilla maphack/oos at some point)
This is an interesting choice of words. Would any other circa 2013 nilla players care to commentate?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
This is an interesting choice of words. Would any other circa 2013 nilla players care to commentate?
Why liebe?
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Maybe I missed it in the discussion, but don't falcs lock on as well? I remember at least one game in which I think knusch had falcs and used ruyters forward to kinda extend their range.

Personally, as long as it is tied to LOS, I feel it is fine. But if it were up to me, I'd probably remove all these unintended gimmicks from the game (using QOL features to gain a significant unintended advantage), including lock on and pulltrick. But as long as they are in the game, "banning" them makes little sense imo. Too hard to control and too hard to differentiate between this and accidents.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Astaroth wrote:Maybe I missed it in the discussion, but don't falcs lock on as well? I remember at least one game in which I think knusch had falcs and used ruyters forward to kinda extend their range
All units lock on. Good players will perform the trick you mentioned to get one more falconet volley in. The lock-on allows the unit to finish its attack animation. The problem with warships is that their attack animation is continuous and does not have a clear start and end. This allows them to continue their attack as long as the unit stays in range.

This is clearly different from the pull trick. In this case, you have the option of simply moving your units out of range of whatever is giving LOS to the warship. There is nothing you can do about your opponent's continuous deliberate use of the pull trick.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

deleted_user wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Maybe I just have a high tolerance for this/tend to give the benefit of the doubt, but of all my years in nilla I can only recall one time where it felt like my opponent was blatantly maphacking. MH is a convenient excuse when you're losing as a pr25 vs pr35 though. There was a consensus that anyone above pr35 had to be hacking; probably only less prevalent today due to the influx of streaming. Over the years of smurfing people while they're streaming (or otherwise) there's only a few people who have gone with "the guy was just good" instead of "noob hacker out".
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Aizamk wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Maybe I just have a high tolerance for this/tend to give the benefit of the doubt, but of all my years in nilla I can only recall one time where it felt like my opponent was blatantly maphacking. MH is a convenient excuse when you're losing as a pr25 vs pr35 though. There was a consensus that anyone above pr35 had to be hacking; probably only less prevalent today due to the influx of streaming. Over the years of smurfing people while they're streaming (or otherwise) there's only a few people who have gone with "the guy was just good" instead of "noob hacker out".
I didn't mean to say that people used the maphack in rated games. Some did (irishfaithful for example), though probably not against pr25, but many people had it, just to test it.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I definitely played against more than 1 maphacker on nilla. But definitely not almost everybody had it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

deleted_user wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
I'm also a nilla player and used to play nilla mainly during that period, nilla maphack was quite popular among nilla players that said diarouga is not exaggerating that much, between 2013-2015 most nilla players had maphack and especially if you are playing a random teamgame it's like %95 time your fb would get cmd or some random raid where you lose a lot of vills and stuffs, events like that would happen often, oos was quite common aswell especially in 3v3s.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Did Irish actually maphack, i thought it was just suspected right?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV