Increasing number of cheaters!?

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Increasing number of cheaters!?

Post by Gendarme »

Of course Papist doesn't want a public list of cheaters. ;)
Pay more attention to detail.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kaiserklein wrote:I'm not in that team unless the list is hosted on esoc, and seeing papist's post it looks like we're not getting any closer to that happening.

The funniest thing is that one member of the esoc staff already hosted a cheater list on another website at some point, and he was able to handle it alone just fine, which shows that it's really not so hard. But everyone forgot about that list because guess what... it wasn't hosted on esoc!

Are you talking about this? To my knowledge, Alacavez never had any affiliation with ESOC staff and apparently also wasn't able to handle the list, seeing as it's been shut down for a while.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

#rekt
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It was a staff member. Funny that you don't know that, being staff yourself. No wonder that then staff members blindly repeat that it's "witch hunting" if you guys aren't even aware of this experiment.
And he decided to shut it down at some point for some reason, but until that point it was working just fine.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I can confirm he had no affiliation with ESOC staff.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Wow I didn't think it was that secret. Maybe I shouldn't have started talking about it.
Either way, this is pretty funny.

P.S: I even had FTP access to the server of that cheater list website. So I know what I'm talking about.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

The plot thickens.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kaiserklein wrote:It was a staff member. Funny that you don't know that, being staff yourself. No wonder that then staff members blindly repeat that it's "witch hunting" if you guys aren't even aware of this experiment.
And he decided to shut it down at some point for some reason, but until that point it was working just fine.

So he was able to handle it just fine, until he wasn't. That's technically true, I guess :hmm:

Kaiserklein wrote:Wow I didn't think it was that secret. Maybe I shouldn't have started talking about it.
Either way, this is pretty funny.

P.S: I even had FTP access to the server of that cheater list website. So I know what I'm talking about.

I just read back staff chats debating the cheater list website in 2016 and this guy definitely had nothing to do with ESOC staff officially. If they were a staff member, they used an alter-ego to create this list in secret, but "Alcavez"'s implementation was almost universally opposed within the then-dev-team. Staff members like Bucket wanted us to completely remove the thread and ban links to this website because of very poor evidence - it was listing legit players as cheaters, right from the beginning.

It's now starting to look like there was a splinter group working "against" the rest of the staff at the same time in secret, which is quite crazy :ohmy:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

...and thickens...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

EAGLEMUT wrote:So he was able to handle it just fine, until he wasn't. That's technically true, I guess :hmm:

I don't know the details about why he decided to stop it. It certainly wasn't because he couldn't handle it, though. Probably was just because he was alone and didn't have the time anymore, for real life reasons.

EAGLEMUT wrote:I just read back staff chats debating the cheater list website in 2016 and this guy definitely had nothing to do with ESOC staff officially. If they were a staff member, they used an alter-ego to create this list in secret, but "Alcavez"'s implementation was almost universally opposed within the then-dev-team. Staff members like Bucket wanted us to completely remove the thread and ban links to this website because of very poor evidence - it was listing legit players as cheaters, right from the beginning.

It's now starting to look like there was a splinter group working "against" the rest of the staff at the same time in secret, which is quite crazy :ohmy:

Well yeah that sounds quite crazy (or at least it would if I didn't know about it since 2 years ago). But that's between you guys in the staff, I'm sure you'll sort it out ;)
If the evidence was poor, it's because there was only one person taking care of both coding the page (I barely helped) and reviewing accusations. The point of having a real cheater list on ESOC is to have a legit team and avoid that kind of problems.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I haven't come across cheaters since last year when I was playing some noob 2v2s, and I play via QS quite often
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

CaRp wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

@CaRp its interesting that you are not responding. I would say you posted an obvious cheat, and you called it a fair game, where you where targeted. :uglylol:

4 games

just just spam shipments for upgrade vills. it is not so difficult

[spoiler=]https://youtu.be/C26bwiWx4M4
https://youtu.be/8lHkg3Gj0Yc
https://youtu.be/m6v5ExItUQI
https://youtu.be/HmJbhJ01G9I
[/spoiler]

I have watched all of your recs. They seem legid to me, and you play ggs with super focus on eco.
That also means you are letting your team mates do the job, while you raid with a few cavs for the first 15 min. When team mates say they will go rush, you just go about doing your usual eco builds. (I guess this is not what you do most of the time?)
In the last game, team mates asked you to make musks. You made a few musks, and then boomed on to V. In this particular game you even let your team mates build the walls for you (Deccan)
I mean, I would be very annoyed with your style of gaming, cos its letting your team mates down, If and when they are unable to withstand a rush, cos in practice they play a game 2vs3, until you have reached Imperial.
But, as I said, it worked for you and your team in the vids you posted.
I quite enjoyed to watch how good the cdbs can get, with all the eco cards you can muster :ugeek:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Its funny how esocs cheater policy is actually based on droptricking/oos being the only real cheats at that time.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

momuuu wrote:Its funny how esocs cheater policy is actually based on droptricking/oos being the only real cheats at that time.
I am impressed that this policy in question is based on something at least.
No Flag querty
Skirmisher

Post by querty »

Tried to play with a friend of mine. It just happens again and again. This game just feels unplayable around pr 20 nowadays. He lost interest in the game and i cannot blame him...

Edit: Besides the obvious ones there are games that just feel weird. Can someone give me his oppinion on this one:

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... _Supremacy

My thoughts: I have 1.73 K/D, I outgathered him and spent 70% more on military than him, yet still he is outmassing me all game. I just don't understand it, but maybe there is an explenation for it?!

2nd Edit: He spent 10k on military, I spent 17k. He got Units worth 16k. Even if you account for the 7 ageup lb and shipments, the math just doesn't check out. So that's two cheaters in one day.
Attachments
next one.png
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Gendarme wrote:
momuuu wrote:Its funny how esocs cheater policy is actually based on droptricking/oos being the only real cheats at that time.
I am impressed that this policy in question is based on something at least.

I think this was the theory: Back in the day the cheats of droptrick/OOS had only the effect of stealing your useless pixelpoints and didn't actually actively ruin the real gameplay, it just removed the part of the game where you could look at your profile and have ESO give you the appreciation that you never received from your parents. Complaining about this and naming/shaming people just seemed useless, as pixelpoints hardly have any relevance.

On the other hand cheaters, or honestly even the idea that people could be cheating on you, just ruin the entire gameplay experience. Its not even that you lose pixelpoints, the problem is that the entire concept of making strategic decisions is ruined. After all, you can't make the correct decisions based on the build order someone did if they boosted their build order secretly by adding trickles or a few units or something. I think it's great to name and shame cheaters, because there are still plenty of cheaters out there that try to cheat subtly and are thus ruining people's time (and not just their satisfaction after the game).

However, the ESOC policy's logic seems to have been forgotten over time and is now possibly being applied incorrectly.
No Flag querty
Skirmisher

Post by querty »

Can somebody explain this op build with Dutch?

Age iii at 7:02 and 46 military pop at 7:28. Must be awesome to be this good. No resources where sent this game, so no sling or anything...
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Accept it that you can't win some games because of cheater, oos, server down or idk. Or write the official support an E-Mail (not sure if there is one nowadays).
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

There is not.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

supahons wrote:Accept it that you can't win some games because of cheater, oos, server down or idk. Or write the official support an E-Mail (not sure if there is one nowadays).

thumbs down why would u even say that
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

recently played with someone who rushed me with iroquois. I wasn't worried because i am very familiar to that rush. Aging up fast he somehow had enough food to make 10 wolves upon age up (1000 food which is impossible) and send the big button not long after. He continued spamming wolves and sieging my TC with town destroyer. I knew he was cheating. When I flamed him after he apologized and admitted it and offered to make me a new account which he did twice, and then showed me that he can make mortars age 1 and give them range that spans the entire map. Was also getting CDB with ports and spamming infinite food crates. Killed my TC in age 1 and a rated game. Then he has been seen selling the file in order to allow all of this for 40 dollars. LOL
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

jgals wrote:
supahons wrote:Accept it that you can't win some games because of cheater, oos, server down or idk. Or write the official support an E-Mail (not sure if there is one nowadays).

thumbs down why would u even say that

What do you do if nobody fixes this? There has already been enough discussion about this topic so far. You can just put people on the pestlist, that's all atm. Somebody once even shipment hacked against me on the settlermassacre map --> easy to spot :dry:
No Flag querty
Skirmisher

Post by querty »

jgals wrote:recently played with someone who rushed me with iroquois. I wasn't worried because i am very familiar to that rush. Aging up fast he somehow had enough food to make 10 wolves upon age up (1000 food which is impossible) and send the big button not long after. He continued spamming wolves and sieging my TC with town destroyer. I knew he was cheating. When I flamed him after he apologized and admitted it and offered to make me a new account which he did twice, and then showed me that he can make mortars age 1 and give them range that spans the entire map. Was also getting CDB with ports and spamming infinite food crates. Killed my TC in age 1 and a rated game. Then he has been seen selling the file in order to allow all of this for 40 dollars. LOL

Haha played against the same guy today. Was not quite sure if he was cheating, but the 10 wolves at 4:30 were insane

That what you probably can and might say if you are really committed to Aoe3. The problem is, if you just play it once in a while like me. The situation you described just makes me and a friend of mine just quit playing. Players turning their back to aoe cause of cheaters is nothing this already small community can afford imho...
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

VooDoo_BoSs wrote:
CaRp wrote: protecting fair players?
I was blocked by half the community. for a post of the lord hazza123.. in a game that did he not play.

but that is not important for the "redact"

obvious that try to upload rec and ss but that was eliminated
Sin título.png

Hazza is General52.

You were blocked by half the community, not because of this one graph, but because any game that is not rec'd you magically seem to have the most resources and 17-minute imperial, despite having the least number of vills. When games are rec'd, you are routinely the poorest player in the game.

IS THAT why he has to join's MS games now? or was he always bashing noobs