Switzerland bobabu
Lancer

14 Nov 2018, 12:23

After Age of Empires 1 definitive edition did so poorly, I wonder if they still plan to release Age of Empires 3 definitive edition.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

14 Nov 2018, 12:43

afaik, the game didnt "do poorly", imo they didnt even try to deliver a full game, just a cash grap for nostalgia. when you set to make a rts game with no recs, bugged AI, and no matchmaking, imo thats not even trying to make a rts game.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT

14 Nov 2018, 12:54

bobabu wrote:After Age of Empires 1 definitive edition did so poorly, I wonder if they still plan to release Age of Empires 3 definitive edition.

Afaik they keep confirming on weekly streams that the DEs are still in the works. Even further, that both AoE2:DE and AoE3:DE are being developed at the same time: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/age-o ... ve/35285/7
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain Interjection
Dragoon
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

14 Nov 2018, 14:28

I think it's worth looking at who they were making the games for:

Age 1: Almost no one plays this competitively so there was significantly less need for competitive features such as matchmaking and recs. I agree they should probably have been included anyway but the point is the only people who were likely to pick the game up were those looking for an afternoon of nostalgia.

AOC: For sure the most competitive Age of Empires. I think we can expect all the bells and whistles here. This surely has to do everything Voobly already does and more, right? Otherwise who's gonna play this in the long term. I think it's safe to assume Forgotten Empires are deving this since they did AOE1DE. And AOE2 is obviously their particular interest as a company - it's where it all started for them. Given how big their events are (https://www.ageofempires.com/tournaments/) I think Microsoft would be daft to miss such a big e-sports opportunity.

AOE3: It's worth pointing out there's 4 people working at forgotten empires who did some pretty huge AOE3 projects (WoL, NE, Unhardcode project, more). So there is enthusiasm for the game on their team. If what @EAGLEMUT says is true though (AOE2 & AOE3 are being deved at the same time), it's unlikely they'll be deving AOE3 as they'll be busy with AOE2. Makes me wonder who they'll contract to work on AOE3 - should be fine as long as they liaise with the community. Personally, I think we'll end up with all the features AOE3 currently has but improved. What I'm really hoping for is for them to implement stuff that will actually improve the game, good maps, balance patch we can keep contributing to like we already do, native obs mode, new higher resolution models.

Let's cross our fingers.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888

14 Nov 2018, 14:37

From what I've heard FE isn't working on AoE3:DE, but on AoE2:DE, so another team/company/group is working on AoE3:DE, but it is being worked on.

I haven't always checked out the weekly stream on https://mixer.com/AgeofEmpires but that might be worth watching as well if you want AoE development updates.
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---

Jan Siegel wrote:What PR is @XeeleeFlower?
CometK wrote:pr21, but her brother is pr36 (goodspeed)
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 03
ESO: SoldieR

14 Nov 2018, 14:39

I've recently been getting discouraged, seeing how aom:ee is, and the way the did everything for that. I got on it when it came out and it felt like a browser game. The multiplayer ui was extremely bland, basic, and ugly layout. It didn't even say how many online users, simple things. I hate to say it, but looking at all the recent "remakes", they are basically just lighting effects added to make things look shiny, and lag increased. I would be surprised if we get something better than what our community here can/could make.

The best thing they can do is implement the work and ideas that our community is willing to provide.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

14 Nov 2018, 15:38

IAmSoldieR wrote:I would be surprised if we get something better than what our community here can/could make.

No way they will make a obs ui as good as Aiz's one, the bit of hope I had for aoe3de vanished after aoe1de.

I'm expecting that they just deliver the exact same game that we have today, bugs included, and just make a high res texture pack and suport for 4k (wow, such 4k! modern game! everyone plays in 4k today!)
Great Britain Interjection
Dragoon
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

14 Nov 2018, 18:03

Don't worry @IAmSoldieR Microsoft fired Skybox :lol: :lol:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

18 Nov 2018, 23:07

Official patch and maps are EP, power over new patches given to ESOC, cheats fixed, a non bugged out online environment, all cards and age up politicians instantly unlocked from the start and then hopefully some extra players that try the game, and I think to us it should be a huge succes. We judge the other remakes as remakes of games that we don't love as much. Those are rarely worth their price. However, we would greatly appreciate a bunch of those small extras for aoe3, such as no cheaters anymore or better maps.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy

Forum Info

Return to “General”