Fixed and mirrored maps

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: Fixed and mirrored maps

Post by Rikikipu »

Kaiserklein wrote:Btw I'd like to point out that some riki maps are pretty much mirrored, and no one seemed to notice it or to call it boring. For example Malaysia or Tassili

Herald, Malaysia, Tassili, Wadmalaw, Colorado and Thar desert are mirrored maps. Thar Desert and Malaysia are specials because resources are placed on randomly on one side and placed symmetrically on the other side, so you have a random map which is also mirrored. Thanks for pointing this kaiser :love:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

somppukunkku wrote:
Garja wrote:Well India is one of those civs which can do anything so every map is good for India

Try play bonnie shit as india vs rush civ

You mean India vs India? Cause India is a rush civ :hmm:

Kaiserklein wrote:Ofc india is too strong, but having manchuria, tibet, gran chaco, and to a lesser extent kamchatka and alaska in the map pool didn't help?!?
Not sure what you mean with ger and japs, these weren't so much picked. And when they were, it was mostly as a comfort pick, e.g ger for snowww and me or jap for kynesie.

Kynesie would have played basically Japan only if he could. Japan is ok on most maps. And Ger is a very used civ too, competitive on all maps with TPs.
Those maps are rather standard. I don't think they favor India, it's just India being good on every map.

As for mirror/fixed maps, Manchuria, Kamchatka, Colorado, Tassili are all good maps for textbook play but they usually don't make for the best game possible. And they tend to play out the same way every time in the same MU.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Rikikipu wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Btw I'd like to point out that some riki maps are pretty much mirrored, and no one seemed to notice it or to call it boring. For example Malaysia or Tassili

Herald, Malaysia, Tassili, Wadmalaw, Cplorado, Thar desertare mirrored maps. Thar Desert and Malaysia are specials because resources are placed on randomly on one side and placed symetrically on the other side, so you have a random map which is also mirrored. Thanks for pointing this kaiser :love:

Yeah and that's a concept I really like, at least for tourneys
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..