Esoc patch or re patch?

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Esoc patch or re patch?

Post by Shikari »

Should i play on esoc patch or re patch. Does it even matter. At lower level no one even plays on esoc patch. How do i find people to play with on esoc patch.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Esoc patch or re patch?

Post by edeholland »

Damn, we really need to fix permissions for posting in the "News" board.

I think you basically answered your own question. On lower levels, you will probably have to schedule with another player to play a few matches if you want to play on EP. There is a list of active EP players here. You can schedule either by making a thread formally or by asking in our Discord guild informally.

On higher levels, it should be possible to find EP games without scheduling them, but it's still a good idea to ask another player beforehand or to schedule somewhere.

What I personally do most and what I see other players do is the following: log in on RE, join a lobby, ask them if they know EP/ESOC and suggest to switch to EP. That way you are guaranteed to have an opponent on EP, even with team games. Switching takes like 30 seconds (especially with the new launcher), so it should be no big deal.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

For extremely bad players the only good thing about EP is the lack of cheaters. Balanced civs and maps do not matter one bit when you haven't yet "mastered" basic things such as herding your hunts.

Somewhere around Master Sergeant is probably when proper maps start to matter as your opponent's z-moved uhlans at 7:00 might get some villager kills when your second hunt is in mid-map Sonora. This is a rather negligible problem for Master Sergeants, though. Improving as a Master Sergeant is so easy that you probably should focus on that instead of worrying about bad maps. If you ever feel like playing on a good map, you can always play unrated games on ESOC maps.

Virtually only 1st Lieutenants and above play on EP, and for a good reason (balance hardly matters below that level). Focus on getting to at least 1st Lieutenant before you worry about bad maps and janissaries. I find finding games on RE effortful enough already. Save yourself the pain.
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You should play on EP. Otherwise, how are you going to distinguish Veteran Ruyters from Guard Ruyters?!