Silly question: If certain famous figures were to play AOE3, what nation would they play as?

No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Silly question: If certain famous figures were to play AOE3, what nation would they play as?

Post by DracoWolfgand »

So? It can either be a currently living celebrity, a historical figure, or even a fictional character from a stabilished piece of media. The only rule I will stabilish is no historical figures that would have been alive during the timeframe of AoE3, on one of its canon nations, for the simple reason that that would result on a lot of obvious awnsers( Ex: OFC That Cristovam Colombus would play as Spain. What else would he play as? )

I would like to take a fictional example, a currently living example, and a historical example, just to stabilish the mood:

Fictional example: I like to think Luke Skywalker would play as the Japanese. Other then the obvious fact that the Jedi were somewhat inspired by Asian Culture( Partially the Samurai, partially buddhist philosophy ), there is also the fact the Shrines seem to help stabilishing a "closer to nature" feel...

Currently living example: I was indecise for a long while whether Trump would play as the Japanese or as the Portuguese, but I eventually decided on the Portuguese for a greater focus on gunpowder, ranged units. As for why I was indecise between these two civs on the first place? See, they both have awesome walls.

Historical example: I like to imagine Julios Caesar plaiyng as the Dutch, thanks to the Dutch being a bit focused on the Halberdier, what would remind me of the "Phalanx formations" of the Romans.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Silly question: If certain famous figures were to play AOE3, what nation would they play as?

Post by Gendarme »

Trump would play China and resign at 2:00.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Silly question: If certain famous figures were to play AOE3, what nation would they play as?

Post by deleted_user0 »

The romans didnt use phalanx formations. That was primarily macedon and alexander the great.

The eagle runner knight comes closest to the roman legionaire in this game. Or perhaps the rodelero in a way.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well it depends what time period, the Roman empire lasted for quite some time. But yea a lot of Aztec units would be similar to Roman units
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Trump would play Ottomans and go for jan rush every game...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:Well it depends what time period, the Roman empire lasted for quite some time. But yea a lot of Aztec units would be similar to Roman units

No, it doesn't depend on the time period. The romans didn't use the phalanx in any noteworthy form. The did use the hoplite formation in their early days in some units, but the success of their military depended largely on the flexible organization of their cohorts, rather than the rigid formations that were characteristic of the hoplite and phalanx formations. The romans were famous for beating the phalanx, not for using it.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

He would have known better if he had played a bit of Rome total war
r]
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:Well it depends what time period, the Roman empire lasted for quite some time. But yea a lot of Aztec units would be similar to Roman units

No, it doesn't depend on the time period. The romans didn't use the phalanx in any noteworthy form. The did use the hoplite formation in their early days in some units, but the success of their military depended largely on the flexible organization of their cohorts, rather than the rigid formations that were characteristic of the hoplite and phalanx formations. The romans were famous for beating the phalanx, not for using it.
I meant to say it depends on the time period for what their units where like, not that it depends on the time period for them using phalanx. Sorry should have been more clear.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

If lucailgrande (the great, as it says in his name) played, he would wish death upon opponents families
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:

I meant to say it depends on the time period for what their units where like, not that it depends on the time period for them using phalanx. Sorry should have been more clear.

ok, yea that's definitely true
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Trump would play Ottomans and go for jan rush every game...

esoc's comedian so funny joker
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Trump would play Ottomans and go for jan rush every game...

Nah dude he would play china, and build that wall!
Zimbabwe PeachTree
Skirmisher

Post by PeachTree »

Jesus would play india and spam the 'ceasefire' ability.. For world peace!
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Kim Jong Un would build a forward rax as Otto, but then just start booming.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

Mohammad Bin Salman and Netanyahu would be those 3v3 allies that build farms in age 1.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

They would be allied with Trump who will build a wall around their tcs in age 1
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Dont hate me but hitler as germans cuz of the nationalist thing.
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

Amsel_ wrote:Kim Jong Un would build a forward rax as Otto, but then just start booming.

He will get mass abuses and g bombards
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

TNT333 wrote:Dont hate me but hitler as germans cuz of the nationalist thing.

Oh he will probably get mass ww as german tanks and blitzkrieg
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

TNT333 wrote:

First, he will invade France with WWs and horse artillery coming over a mountain pass, arriving at a weak unwalled part of France's base with only few badly controlled skirms+Gendarmes waiting, forcing them to surrender. After that he will forge an alliance with Russia while sneaking up to them, building proxy raxes and stables nearby. After he broke the alliance, he catches Russia off-guard but goes too far in, eventually getting sandwiched by a big Unit pop between Blockhouses (church card). Then he realized "well fuck, I'm playing 1 v Many, where the heck is Italy that useless prick?" - looks to the right top corner, seeing Garja had already resigned and Japan got Petarded by the US (Brits in our case))
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

yup, who wouldn't resign if your ethiopian treasure got stolen early.
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

jesus3 wrote:
TNT333 wrote:

First, he will invade France with WWs and horse artillery coming over a mountain pass, arriving at a weak unwalled part of France's base with only few badly controlled skirms+Gendarmes waiting, forcing them to surrender. After that he will forge an alliance with Russia while sneaking up to them, building proxy raxes and stables nearby. After he broke the alliance, he catches Russia off-guard but goes too far in, eventually getting sandwiched by a big Unit pop between Blockhouses (church card). The he realized "well fuck, I'm playing 1 v Many, where the heck is Italy that useless prick?" - looks to the right top corner, seeing Garja had already resigned and Japan got Petarded by the US (Brits in our case))

And he and Russia would split up the poland( idk which civ)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Amsel_ wrote:Kim Jong Un would build a forward rax as Otto, but then just start booming.

but he wouldn't discover a mosque and that you can actually spawn more than 25 vills