Why not more interesting tournaments?

What kind of weekend tours would you like to see?

1v1 invitationals
27%
2v2 3v3 team tourneys
54%
Spesific tourneys ( timetomicro-risk-monociv etc.)
20%

Total votes: 41

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: Why not more interesting tournaments?

Post by spanky4ever »

Hazza54321 wrote:frenchies wanting a time2wastetime tourney rather than a competitive seam tourney, i knew they werent born right

:idea:
:hmm:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Specific tourneys are fine but not like time2wastetime which is boring as hell to watch. I think most of the community agrees.
Of course there is no other problem of having extra stuff except its eating money from donation pool
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

somppukunkku wrote:Specific tourneys are fine but not like time2wastetime which is boring as hell to watch. I think most of the community agrees.
Of course there is no other problem of having extra stuff except its eating money from donation pool

hmm ;) remember I donated all to twc tournament :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

TWC tournament was fun. Do you like the money being spent on timetomicro? (afaik you are the biggest donator?)
@spanky4ever
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

somppukunkku wrote:TWC tournament was fun. Do you like the money being spent on timetomicro? (afaik you are the biggest donator?)
@spanky4ever

would really like another twc tournament :!: and I will fully fund it, (as I did last time) but I have some strings attached :?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

somppukunkku wrote:Specific tourneys are fine but not like time2wastetime which is boring as hell to watch. I think most of the community agrees.

I think its fine but 150 usd is definitely excessive. Shouldve been 50 max.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

It seems weird to be me as well, especially considering that we had donation bar with the text "Spring tournament 2019" in it for months. Everyone who donated must have thought their donation would go towards that tournament. But recently it was decided we will likely only have 1 big tournament each year, even though a huge majority wanted two.

I love the weekend tours and I like to see a scenario tournament for a change, btw! I just find it weird that there is so much money going towards it while almost everyone wants 2 seasonals per year.

EDIT: it's become clear that Cometk is funding the T2M tournament.
Last edited by edeholland on 07 Dec 2018, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rectification
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Ttm tourney is casted from RO8 onwards. It's at most 7 casted ttm BO1s (or 8 if there's small finals), and that's if each RO8 game gets casted, which I doubt. And it's a small weekend tourney, among many others. Idk what's the fuss about it

Kaiser banking on some free pocketmoney!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

at this time I should display my strings attached to funding another TWC tournament; I would like every donation made during the tournament, to go to the players, at the percentage we agree on. It's like the Japan tournaments, they start with a really low price, but the donations during the tournaments, make the price pool higher, and worth playing for. I think it would bring the spectators more into the game ;) anyways, that is my strings attached for funding it, and I would fund it at a starting point of 500 dollars. :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: But I am not sure that the founding fathers and mothers would like this?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

iwillspankyou wrote:at this time I should display my strings attached to funding another TWC tournament; I would like every donation made during the tournament, to go to the players, at the percentage we agree on. It's like the Japan tournaments, they start with a really low price, but the donations during the tournaments, make the price pool higher, and worth playing for. I think it would bring the spectators more into the game ;) anyways, that is my strings attached for funding it, and I would fund it at a starting point of 500 dollars. :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: But I am not sure that the founding fathers and mothers would like this?

Cool. If we also do that during normal tournament, we can see what tournaments the donators actually want to see.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

umeu wrote:

I think its fine but 150 usd is definitely excessive. Shouldve been 50 max.

This aswell. It seems weird that you win more or same winning a few rounds on a 5-minute scenario as real sup cups last season
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

not a good idea @edeholland would you like 2 tournaments at the same time? Btw, I have talked to Queen about this. but she never got back to me. I guess you don't like any strings attached, but this is how I want it if its gonna be a thing :P at this point, I could ask @Interjection to host it instead :roll:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

edeholland wrote:
ovi12 wrote:I really like having weird tournaments like ttm, and I really can't wait for @Interjection 's games with all the different rules!

He just posted a video about it by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZqMtHyE-sE

Thanks!
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

somppukunkku wrote:TWC tournament was fun. Do you like the money being spent on timetomicro? (afaik you are the biggest donator?)
@spanky4ever

The money spent on ttm tourney comes right from cometk's pocket, not from the donators... Maybe esoc should have made that clear
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Kaiserklein wrote:
@spanky4ever

The money spent on ttm tourney comes right from cometk's pocket, not from the donators... Maybe esoc should have made that clear

Well that explains something. In that case, @Cometk , awesome of you to host a weekend tour from your own monies. :flowers:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

edeholland wrote:

It seems weird to be me as well, especially considering that we had donation bar with the text "Spring tournament 2019" in it for months. Everyone who donated must have thought their donation would go towards that tournament. But recently it was decided we will likely only have 1 big tournament each year, even though a huge majority wanted two.

I love the weekend tours and I like to see a scenario tournament for a change, btw! I just find it weird that there is so much money going towards it while almost everyone wants 2 seasonals per year.

You're esoc staff and you don't even know who funded the ttm tourney? Don't mislead people lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ok then no problem. it's up to him
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Kaiserklein wrote:
edeholland wrote:

You're esoc staff and you don't even know who funded the ttm tourney? Don't mislead people lol

I had no idea, I searched the relevant threads and other notes and since I didn't see a name I assumed it would be from ESOC, especially since Cometk is a media team member and there is a new (very good looking) banner for the tournament. I edited my post.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
@spanky4ever

there is a difference between twc an ttm :) I fully funded twc (as you prolly remember).I also supported TTM :P

Somppu was implying that your money was used to fund the ttm, and asking you how you feel about it. So I explained that it's cometk's money actually. Got nothing to do with twc

edeholland wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:You're esoc staff and you don't even know who funded the ttm tourney? Don't mislead people lol

I had no idea, I searched the relevant threads and other notes and since I didn't see a name I assumed it would be from ESOC, especially since Cometk is a media team member and there is a new (very good looking) banner for the tournament. I edited my post.

Okay, kinda weird that no one knew where the money comes from. I guess @Cometk is too modest
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

lol people just bitchin' bout ttm cause they know imma have that kaiser ass on a plate with whipcream all over it and take all his bling bling
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers