Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Interjection & Mitoe talk about age 2 politicians & smackdown

Post by edeholland »

I can't believe the video has been up for a few hours without any thread @Interjection.

In the video, Interjection and Mitoe talk about their ideas for Sunday Smackdown and the Smackdown patch. They are going to adjust a few age up politicians, and in the video they discuss the changes and the reasoning. It's really interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZqMtHyE-sE&t=0s

Discussion about the changes start at 7 minutes.

Questions I have for @Interjection and @Mitoe :
-Does the politicians for a free shipment give you xp, or just a shipment? How does it work with the increasing number of needed xp for each shipment?
-Do all civs get all 5 politicians? How will you decide who will/will not get a certain politician? Leaving it as it's now seems strange to me, since there are such drastic changes that the current setup doesn't matter.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: Interjection & Mitoe talk about age 2 politicians & smackdown

Post by Mitoe »

I believe Interjection mentioned in the video that the Bishop (1 shipment politician) does not affect the xp curve on your shipments.

All Euro civs get 4 politicians, but every single one also has the Quatermaster (edit: forgot about Spain/Brit) and the Philosopher's Prince, which are still going to be the main ones in 90% of situations IMO. Interjection would be able to give a better overview of the politicians for each civilization.

Leaving it as it's now seems strange to me, since there are such drastic changes that the current setup doesn't matter.

I don't really understand what you mean by this to be honest.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Mitoe wrote:I believe Interjection mentioned in the video that the Bishop (1 shipment politician) does not affect the xp curve on your shipments.

All Euro civs get 4 politicians, but every single one also has the Quatermaster and the Philosopher's Prince, which are still going to be the main ones in 90% of situations IMO. Interjection would be able to give a better overview of the politicians for each civilization.

Leaving it as it's now seems strange to me, since there are such drastic changes that the current setup doesn't matter.

Well, right now every civ has 4 out of the 5 politicians for balancing purposes. My point is that I think you should re-think what politicians every civ gets. It would be weird to leave it as it is now since the politicians basically get a complete overhaul.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

I think it's likely fine. The only politicians that civs would be missing would be either the Bishop or Naturalist, and both of those sort of have a similar purpose. Every Euro civ has access to 1 of those two, so it should be alright, IMO.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

In practise though, most civs might as well have one age up politician. Quarter master and the exiled prince. The rest is just there to make you click extra.

Actually, I literally think those civs would be buffed if we removed the other age up politicans because aging up will require slightly less apm. Thats how poorly the politicians and balancing of them was done.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Yeah, so they have changed the politicians for the smackdown patch.

Before:
-200g and tower wagon
-400w
-500f
-2 settlers
-4 cows

Now:
-200g and tower wagon
-400w
-400f but ageup costs 700f instead of 800f
-3 settlers AND 4 cows
-Shipment upon ageup
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I was thinking about why spain is sub-par, and it occurred to me yesterday, a small change, what is the age 3 poli instead of 4xb, 4 pike was 4 skirm, 4 halbs?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well 4 rods then I guess
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Thanks for the thread @edeholland !

The Bishop will increase your shipment count by +1. It will not effect your XP curve.

Each civ will keep the four current politicians that they currently have. Though this is something I think could be interesting to change.

Every civ has The Naturalist

Every civ has The Bishop (except Ottoman)

Not every civ has the quartermaster (Spain & British don't)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

esoc are getting competition - good Lord, this should be good ;) of corse these sharks are preparing for aoe3fd and aoe4. ;)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

I would rather not give all civs access to all 5 politicians anyway, if only because the Quartermaster would be insane for both Brit and Spain, and I think it’s fine that civs have access to slightly different options from each other anyway.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

So basically britain will now age up with the shipment politician- you can ship 3 vills & virginia company without a TP age 1(so still getting a market up age 1) and still send 700 wood immediately- I would think that's better than 400 wood?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Hadn't considered that; that could be quite strong, yes. However, you would need to have a 2nd shipment available for VC before you hit age 2, which is probably not possible most of the time. It would be possible with a TP, but you already have a shipment ready when you hit age 2 with a TP start and 3v + VC; so it will still be slower than other politicians in this specific scenario.

For the most part though, it will be difficult for most civs to get anything out of the politician before they hit age 2.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mitoe wrote:I believe Interjection mentioned in the video that the Bishop (1 shipment politician) does not affect the xp curve on your shipments.

All Euro civs get 4 politicians, but every single one also has the Quatermaster (edit: forgot about Spain/Brit) and the Philosopher's Prince, which are still going to be the main ones in 90% of situations IMO. Interjection would be able to give a better overview of the politicians for each civilization.

I haven't listened to the video yet; but do you think that needing to wait for your shipments to arrive is enough to counteract you aging up with 700 resources instead of 400?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

IAmSoldieR wrote:I was thinking about why spain is sub-par, and it occurred to me yesterday, a small change, what is the age 3 poli instead of 4xb, 4 pike was 4 skirm, 4 halbs?

That age up is on nilla though, on TAD it's just 8 pike. But yeah could be 4 rod 4 skirm nice idea I guess.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Mitoe wrote:Hadn't considered that; that could be quite strong, yes. However, you would need to have a 2nd shipment available for VC before you hit age 2, which is probably not possible most of the time. It would be possible with a TP, but you already have a shipment ready when you hit age 2 with a TP start and 3v + VC; so it will still be slower than other politicians in this specific scenario.

For the most part though, it will be difficult for most civs to get anything out of the politician before they hit age 2.

In my experience brits always have 2 shipments before colonial you just never send the second one before you age up- manor+ market is a lot of xp in age 1. Might be too good for British?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

dansil92 wrote:
Mitoe wrote:Hadn't considered that; that could be quite strong, yes. However, you would need to have a 2nd shipment available for VC before you hit age 2, which is probably not possible most of the time. It would be possible with a TP, but you already have a shipment ready when you hit age 2 with a TP start and 3v + VC; so it will still be slower than other politicians in this specific scenario.

In my experience brits always have 2 shipments before colonial you just never send the second one before you age up- manor+ market is a lot of xp in age 1. Might be too good for British?

Yes, but that's because you're constructing buildings in transition. You don't want to construct buildings before you get VC in, so you'll have less experience. Maybe you can do a TP first in transition and try to squeeze it in that way, but I think you'd be pushing it.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Mitoe wrote:
dansil92 wrote:

Yes, but that's because you're constructing buildings in transition. You don't want to construct buildings before you get VC in, so you'll have less experience. Maybe you can do a TP first in transition and try to squeeze it in that way, but I think you'd be pushing it.

Guess it will need some testing? I like the idea of a shipment politician but might be easy to abuse

Edit: tested it out. Vc arrives 25 seconds after ageup to colonial without tp or second manor. 300 wood start with two manors is about 10 seconds after ageup (this depends on guardians). I would wait 10 seconds to get 3 vills, vc, and 700 wood?
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

To be honest that doesn't sound very good to me. It will be good vs slow builds maybe.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

Mitoe wrote:To be honest that doesn't sound very good to me. It will be good vs slow builds maybe.

It would be an interesting possibility to consider. There are a lot better players out there than me that might make it work
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

When is smackdown video out?