What is your favourite( And least favourite ) civilization?

European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Re: What is your favourite( And least favourite ) civilization?

Post by scarm »

Imperial Noob wrote: useless or generic units
Mantlets though monkaS
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

Japan is my favorite civ. Any civ besides Japs are my least favorite
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

My fav civ is india. Just love the uniwue units. Camels and elephants. Urumi are insane. And I dont have to worry about wood all the time for housing. And you can play so many playstyle aggressive with forward agra, turtle a bit with defensive, go full eco ff with karni in base and french consulate. Just so interesting.
Least fav would be ports because units are boring af. Just skirns and goons and boom playstyle. I haven't played ports so i cant say by that parameter. I just find watching ports matches super boring.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

scarm wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote: useless or generic units
Mantlets though monkaS

expensive, slow, short-ranged and walk in a clunky formation. Not fun to use
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

Shikari wrote:My fav civ is india. Just love the uniwue units. Camels and elephants. Urumi are insane. And I dont have to worry about wood all the time for housing. And you can play so many playstyle aggressive with forward agra, turtle a bit with defensive, go full eco ff with karni in base and french consulate. Just so interesting.
Least fav would be ports because units are boring af. Just skirns and goons and boom playstyle. I haven't played ports so i cant say by that parameter. I just find watching ports matches super boring.

Actually, I would say that, even with the cheaper houses, India is-The-Most wood-intensive civ to play. With the rest I kind of agree with you, though Sowars actually kind of suck. But still, India has probably some of the coolest-looking units in the game going for then, as well as a surpriging amount of versatility.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

my favorite civ back in 2008 was france; i had the DS version of age of empires and played exclusively france. when i got aoe3 for pc, same deal - this time, i played france in nilla tr40 and made only gendarmes.

nowadays my favorite civs are otto, iro and china. i've always been a fan of the glass cannon playstyle, and i particularly like long range, high dps units (abus, forest prowlers) and unique cavalry types (meteor hammers + iron flails)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Fav: Ger, Aztec, China
Least fav: Ports
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Fav:
Least Fav:
Between, on a spectrum, fluctuating: all

OoO
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Not ez being an intellectual
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I need a dislike button for you, MrCallen
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Ottoman is like a joke civ that even to this day I can't really believe exists when I really think about it.

Well let me rephrase, because like so many other civs on aoe it was a relevant civ just terribly designed and ill thought out.

I hate quantity over quality civs like Russian and china and nothing makes me happier than seeing 8 imperial Canon blasting wave after wave of their trash to hell, or seeing an army of fully upgraded Jag cutting down wave after wave of shitmusk where they spawn and easily taking down a fort when his spam finger gets tired of clicking. I almost have a hitlerian hatred of the lesser scum units of aoe, the strelet, chokonu etc... So I love Sioux because their units are so elite. You have to value each one. I love Iroquois, but actually I think I like Az the best. To me. Brits will always be the quintessential aoe civ
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

Post by gryphoon94 »

Favorite civ: Irish Faithful's Main
Least Favorite: Gibthedurrty's main
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

OG nilla patch Dutch was my favorite
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

jgals wrote:
I hate quantity over quality civs like Russian and china and nothing makes me happier than seeing 8 imperial Canon blasting wave after wave of their trash to hell, or seeing an army of fully upgraded Jag cutting down wave after wave of shitmusk where they spawn and easily taking down a fort when his spam finger gets tired of clicking. I almost have a hitlerian hatred of the lesser scum units of aoe, the strelet, chokonu etc... So I love Sioux because their units are so elite. You have to value each one. I love Iroquois, but actually I think I like Az the best. To me. Brits will always be the quintessential aoe civ

China and Russia are my favorite civs for exactly this reason. Love to watch a riotous mob of sturdy peasants drag a handful of elite soldiers to the ground and pummel them with the People’s Fury

Yes, abus guns counter my strelets, but not when I have 85 of them
United States of America PrussianKommandantFox
Crossbow

Post by PrussianKommandantFox »

I almost always use Germans in my skirmish games. I like to build an economy than focus on combat but Germans give me the wiggle room needed with their settler carts to get that economy going faster.

... and I've rediscovered my less-than-stellar relationship with the Japanese. It's just... their food economy is pretty crap early on which means I can't develop the economy fast enough. :(
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

PrussianKommandantFox wrote:I almost always use Germans in my skirmish games. I like to build an economy than focus on combat but Germans give me the wiggle room needed with their settler carts to get that economy going faster.

... and I've rediscovered my less-than-stellar relationship with the Japanese. It's just... their food economy is pretty crap early on which means I can't develop the economy fast enough. :(

Lol
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Squamiger wrote:
jgals wrote:

China and Russia are my favorite civs for exactly this reason. Love to watch a riotous mob of sturdy peasants drag a handful of elite soldiers to the ground and pummel them with the People’s Fury

Yes, abus guns counter my strelets, but not when I have 85 of them

Except they don't beat elite units. I love watching an ignorant and heartless Russian bear lead wave upon wave of his peasants to slaughter. Nothing shows his people who the true leader is not like that

How joyous it is when I overthrow his crumbling state communism and take power for myself with true night
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

China numba 1!
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

China is actually best bc they have crap peasant wave units (old han and standard) and then also pretty elite units like meteor hammers and upgraded skirms
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

my fav:porto defend with militia and go age 4 and Spam goon love it, op.
My least fav:Japan sincerally don't like their noob gameplay x10 ashi spam but this civ is op so if I deserve win ez I use them
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

My fav is germany forever

I hate France
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

I have a lot of civs that i like to play and my most recent one is aztecs, really fun civ
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Fav in order:
1. Brit
2. ?
3. China
4. Else