Donator 01
ESO: [YumiW]-GiBthedurrty

13 Dec 2018, 20:51

Japan is my favorite civ. Any civ besides Japs are my least favorite
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

13 Dec 2018, 21:18

My fav civ is india. Just love the uniwue units. Camels and elephants. Urumi are insane. And I dont have to worry about wood all the time for housing. And you can play so many playstyle aggressive with forward agra, turtle a bit with defensive, go full eco ff with karni in base and french consulate. Just so interesting.
Least fav would be ports because units are boring af. Just skirns and goons and boom playstyle. I haven't played ports so i cant say by that parameter. I just find watching ports matches super boring.
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
ESO: Funnu

13 Dec 2018, 21:29

Go, Japs!
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"♪We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven; and in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten♫"
"♪We're special in other ways – ways our mothers appreciate♫"
No Flag Imperial Noob
Lancer

14 Dec 2018, 00:37

scarm wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote: useless or generic units
Mantlets though monkaS

expensive, slow, short-ranged and walk in a clunky formation. Not fun to use
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

14 Dec 2018, 01:00

Shikari wrote:My fav civ is india. Just love the uniwue units. Camels and elephants. Urumi are insane. And I dont have to worry about wood all the time for housing. And you can play so many playstyle aggressive with forward agra, turtle a bit with defensive, go full eco ff with karni in base and french consulate. Just so interesting.
Least fav would be ports because units are boring af. Just skirns and goons and boom playstyle. I haven't played ports so i cant say by that parameter. I just find watching ports matches super boring.

Actually, I would say that, even with the cheaper houses, India is-The-Most wood-intensive civ to play. With the rest I kind of agree with you, though Sowars actually kind of suck. But still, India has probably some of the coolest-looking units in the game going for then, as well as a surpriging amount of versatility.
United States of America Cometk
ESOC Media Team
ESO: DJ_Cometk

14 Dec 2018, 02:20

my favorite civ back in 2008 was france; i had the DS version of age of empires and played exclusively france. when i got aoe3 for pc, same deal - this time, i played france in nilla tr40 and made only gendarmes.

nowadays my favorite civs are otto, iro and china. i've always been a fan of the glass cannon playstyle, and i particularly like long range, high dps units (abus, forest prowlers) and unique cavalry types (meteor hammers + iron flails)
Germany Lukas_L99
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

14 Dec 2018, 05:09

Fav: Ger, Aztec, China
Least fav: Ports
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: SirCallen

14 Dec 2018, 05:33

Fav:
Least Fav:
Between, on a spectrum, fluctuating: all

OoO
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

14 Dec 2018, 05:47

Not ez being an intellectual

let the water
touch the tongue
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

14 Dec 2018, 13:05

I need a dislike button for you, MrCallen
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019

Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

14 Dec 2018, 13:22

Ars longa, vita brevis :unsure:
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

25 May 2019, 02:15

Ottoman is like a joke civ that even to this day I can't really believe exists when I really think about it.

Well let me rephrase, because like so many other civs on aoe it was a relevant civ just terribly designed and ill thought out.

I hate quantity over quality civs like Russian and china and nothing makes me happier than seeing 8 imperial Canon blasting wave after wave of their trash to hell, or seeing an army of fully upgraded Jag cutting down wave after wave of shitmusk where they spawn and easily taking down a fort when his spam finger gets tired of clicking. I almost have a hitlerian hatred of the lesser scum units of aoe, the strelet, chokonu etc... So I love Sioux because their units are so elite. You have to value each one. I love Iroquois, but actually I think I like Az the best. To me. Brits will always be the quintessential aoe civ
Croatia gryphoon94
Skirmisher
ESO: GRYPHOON

25 May 2019, 02:55

Favorite civ: Irish Faithful's Main
Least Favorite: Gibthedurrty's main
"I only used Moesbar for 2 years, that's not even long" - SirMusket
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

25 May 2019, 07:54

OG nilla patch Dutch was my favorite
United States of America Squamiger
Skirmisher
ESO: Squamiger

26 May 2019, 16:41

jgals wrote:
I hate quantity over quality civs like Russian and china and nothing makes me happier than seeing 8 imperial Canon blasting wave after wave of their trash to hell, or seeing an army of fully upgraded Jag cutting down wave after wave of shitmusk where they spawn and easily taking down a fort when his spam finger gets tired of clicking. I almost have a hitlerian hatred of the lesser scum units of aoe, the strelet, chokonu etc... So I love Sioux because their units are so elite. You have to value each one. I love Iroquois, but actually I think I like Az the best. To me. Brits will always be the quintessential aoe civ

China and Russia are my favorite civs for exactly this reason. Love to watch a riotous mob of sturdy peasants drag a handful of elite soldiers to the ground and pummel them with the People’s Fury

Yes, abus guns counter my strelets, but not when I have 85 of them
ajabu ya kondoo kucheka kioo
United States of America PrussianKommandantFox
Crossbow

27 May 2019, 09:03

I almost always use Germans in my skirmish games. I like to build an economy than focus on combat but Germans give me the wiggle room needed with their settler carts to get that economy going faster.

... and I've rediscovered my less-than-stellar relationship with the Japanese. It's just... their food economy is pretty crap early on which means I can't develop the economy fast enough. :(
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

27 May 2019, 13:13

PrussianKommandantFox wrote:I almost always use Germans in my skirmish games. I like to build an economy than focus on combat but Germans give me the wiggle room needed with their settler carts to get that economy going faster.

... and I've rediscovered my less-than-stellar relationship with the Japanese. It's just... their food economy is pretty crap early on which means I can't develop the economy fast enough. :(

Lol
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

27 May 2019, 13:16

Squamiger wrote:
jgals wrote:

China and Russia are my favorite civs for exactly this reason. Love to watch a riotous mob of sturdy peasants drag a handful of elite soldiers to the ground and pummel them with the People’s Fury

Yes, abus guns counter my strelets, but not when I have 85 of them

Except they don't beat elite units. I love watching an ignorant and heartless Russian bear lead wave upon wave of his peasants to slaughter. Nothing shows his people who the true leader is not like that

How joyous it is when I overthrow his crumbling state communism and take power for myself with true night
Kiribati jesus3
Howdah

27 May 2019, 13:22

China numba 1!
United States of America Squamiger
Skirmisher
ESO: Squamiger

27 May 2019, 23:06

China is actually best bc they have crap peasant wave units (old han and standard) and then also pretty elite units like meteor hammers and upgraded skirms
ajabu ya kondoo kucheka kioo
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx themoxie

27 May 2019, 23:25

my fav:porto defend with militia and go age 4 and Spam goon love it, op.
My least fav:Japan sincerally don't like their noob gameplay x10 ashi spam but this civ is op so if I deserve win ez I use them
India TNT333
Skirmisher
ESO: TNT333

28 May 2019, 11:58

My fav is germany forever

I hate France
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: Sargsyan
GameRanger ID: 2106182

28 May 2019, 12:09

I have a lot of civs that i like to play and my most recent one is aztecs, really fun civ
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

28 May 2019, 12:32

Fav in order:
1. Brit
2. ?
3. China
4. Else