Team early dragons with germans

India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Team early dragons with germans

Post by TNT333 »

Does the early dragons card make ww available in colonial, if so is it good?
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Team early dragons with germans

Post by dansil92 »

It does make them available but even german eco in colonial isnt strong enough to keep up production of those extremely expensive units. The only time i would ever think early goons is a good card is if you have sioux on your team so they can make rifle riders
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No, early goons doesn't make wws available in colonial, except on EP where they changed it.
And yes, it is "good" on EP. I mean it's still a waste of a card from your portuguese mate, but if he does send it, you might as well go wws because they will already be veteran in colonial, and wws do extremely well against musk/huss compositions (which is a typical colonial composition). Plus cav attack and cav hp affects them.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Warno
Dragoon
Donator 08
ESO: Warno

Post by Warno »

Kaiserklein wrote:No, early goons doesn't make wws available in colonial, except on EP where they changed it.
And yes, it is "good" on EP. I mean it's still a waste of a card from your portuguese mate, but if he does send it, you might as well go wws because they will already be veteran in colonial, and wws do extremely well against musk/huss compositions (which is a typical colonial composition). Plus cav attack and cav hp affects them.

Very cool, I didn't know that.

If you go early goon as France/Port do the goons have age 3 stats?
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

Warno wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:No, early goons doesn't make wws available in colonial, except on EP where they changed it.

As port, i m sure goons got age 2 stats. So if ww are veteran in colonial, is it a bug ?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kynesie wrote:
Warno wrote:

As port, i m sure goons got age 2 stats. So if ww are veteran in colonial, is it a bug ?

the bug is that the card unlocks ww, which it shouldn't.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Looks like it's a "bug fix" from some early EP version:
Portuguese TEAM Early Dragoons home-city shipment now enables German War Wagons, Aztec Eagle Runner Knights and Nobles’ Hut.

I would personally disagree with classifying this as a bug fix and I think reverting the change should be considered.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I would rather suggest to decrease train time by 15-20% for ranged cav units which are not enabled directly by the card, comparably to what the card does to zamburaks. It is weird that, originally, war wagons and eagle runner knights were not affected at all by the card.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

btw the French TEAM early skirmishers card gives Portugal veteran cassadors in age II (I think its kind of related to the topic and maybe useful to know)
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Post by DracoWolfgand »

After a few testing matches, I came to the conclusion that... Most of the time, it wont be worth it :p. As players above pointed out, War Wagons are too expensive. They are also too slow and, thanks to their weird shooting animation, make for surprisingly bad raiders. I personally feel there are contexts where the Portuguese can entertain the notion of plaiyng "TEAM: Early Dragoons" on Team Games, but if your only ally is the Germans, that aint it.

I wonder if the French would benefit more from this tactic, though... I would personally say the French early economy is at least as good if not better then the German one, so...
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

WWs don't have colonial stats, like cuirs, lancers etc
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Looks like it's a "bug fix" from some early EP version:
Portuguese TEAM Early Dragoons home-city shipment now enables German War Wagons, Aztec Eagle Runner Knights and Nobles’ Hut.

I would personally disagree with classifying this as a bug fix and I think reverting the change should be considered.

Indeed, I recently checked and the shipment's description doesn't include war wagons while listing any other type of light cavalry :hmm: Could actually have been intentional from devsh.
But how about we actually make non-veteran cuirassiers, WWs and alike on EP? I think everyone used to agree on that, it would improve the scaling of them for late game, too.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well it would nerf them. For cuirs it makes sense but for wws no way.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Yeah WWs are already questionable how strong they are anyway, no need to nerf them because they might be ok with niche shipment from Portugal. I don't think the change really needs to be reverted because it's already a pretty big investment anyway for something that's relatively easy to access by just FFing (and it becomes obsolete pretty fast in most games). Plus it kinda makes sense for it to affect those units anyway.