What is more important: IQ or mechanics?

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: What is more important: IQ or mechanics?

Post by deleted_user0 »

That seems very simplistic, especially as zidane is considered one of the most intelligent (football intelligence, not academic) playmakers ever to touch the game. Even smart people do dumb things.

I also doubt that garjas claim that superior physical ability means one also has superior intelligence in the field one uses the body for. Unless you count motor skills as intelligence
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

edeholland wrote:
gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:intelligence is a buzzword. Most people don't even know what exactly they mean by it when they mention it. IQ is surely not the only measurement of intelligence.
I think the whole idea of iq is stupid in the first place. I mean its not possible to quantify someones intelligence, let alone by a simple multiple choice test that can be completed in an hour.
I don't know what kind of IQ test you took, but mine took at least 4 hours and had a wide range of topics, including logical reasoning, verbal intelligence, mathematical insight, memory and general knowledge. The outcome wasn't just one number, but a number for each of the different elements, so you know exactly what your strengths and weaknesses are. Yours probably was a free one on the internet if it was a one-hour multiple choice one.

But even then, the result will be different every day and it influenced on a lot of factors. That doesn't make IQ stupid overall, because it's still one of the best ways we have to rougly measure someone's intelligence at that given time.
iv never taken an iq test, Google just told me 60-90 minutes. In my opinion intelligence isn't quantifiable so any attempt to quantify it is inherently stupid.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Surely intelligence must be quantifiable. An IQ test is probably not a great way of doing so.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Why? For both statements.
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

gibson wrote:iv never taken an iq test, Google just told me 60-90 minutes. In my opinion intelligence isn't quantifiable so any attempt to quantify it is inherently stupid.

haha solid logic
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

IQ is legit lol, just because it is not %100 accurate it doesnt mean it doesnt repseresent a part of reality. Or just because we cant define intelligence accuretly doesnt mean there is not a reality of intelligence. Statistically, people who study at universites, Ceos, doctors have better Iq than average and they also differ between themselves which is also meaningful. Increase in the iq(relative to younger ages) also shows iq is a reliable test. In China, and in many countries children with high iq get special education. Similarly if your kid scores 60 on a iq test, what are you gonna give him a normal education or treat special according to his level?
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

What really matters in the world is intelligence in your specific field of work or study, ambition, and opportunity.

IQ doesnt really matter at all. You need to know your one specific area of focus to succeed.

This relates very much with sports. I would say in physical sports that most players are average level of intelligence, but in their specific role in their game, they are the most intelligent. Like blocking in NFL, linemen can be dumb but know the moves, body positioning, whatever else is key. Know they way better than the average person, but that doesnt mean the average person cant learn it. In this case, and most everything else too, it's mostly about having the best coaches that have the experience to teach someone with the body (opportunity) to do the work that they physically cannot.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

oxaloacetate wrote:
gibson wrote:iv never taken an iq test, Google just told me 60-90 minutes. In my opinion intelligence isn't quantifiable so any attempt to quantify it is inherently stupid.

haha solid logic
I didnt make an argument lol, I just said what I think.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

HUMMAN wrote:IQ is legit lol, just because it is not %100 accurate it doesnt mean it doesnt repseresent a part of reality. Or just because we cant define intelligence accuretly doesnt mean there is not a reality of intelligence. Statistically, people who study at universites, Ceos, doctors have better Iq than average and they also differ between themselves which is also meaningful. Increase in the iq(relative to younger ages) also shows iq is a reliable test. In China, and in many countries children with high iq get special education. Similarly if your kid scores 60 on a iq test, what are you gonna give him a normal education or treat special according to his level?

No one said intelligence or differences of it dont exist.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »