Smackdown #4 Double Shipments

Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Smackdown #4 Double Shipments

Post by Interjection »

EDIT: Ede & I never got to cast afterall. We were going to cast Sompu vs Hazza recs (since we would have been at the same PC that would have been possible). Except Mitoe beet us to it so instead we just put him on the big screens in the studio. After that there was no time as we needed to start the Escape LAN.

Right then, let's try and schedule players for the Double Shipments Smackdown. Any volunteers?

Looking to play the games on Friday or Saturday. Let me know availability below.

FORMAT:
Gamemode: Ordinary Supremacy, but all shipments give their effect twice.
Patch: Smackdown Patch (available in the EP launcher 'tools')
Series: Best of 7 (first to four victories)
Civ Rules: Players will be able to use all 14 civs but cannot use civs they have already won a game with.

NOT FINALIZED. Will remove this message when is. Trying to include maps where TPs will be contested. And more non TP maps

Game 1: Deccan
Game 2: Cascade Range
Game 3: Malaysia
Game 4: Kamchatka
Game 5: High Plains
Game 6: Thar Desert
Game 7: Wadmalaw
Howdah
Donator 04

Re: Smackdown #4

Post by Interjection »

Is anyone free from 13:30 GMT or before on Saturday 19th? This is realistically the latest we can do as there will be preparation for the EscapeTV stream to do

The $50 prize is still on offer :)
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

When/where will SD3 air?
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

It was going to air this Sunday but since we're doing a bonus Smackdown on Saturday I think I'll hold on to it for another week until the 27th
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I can play yeah. My schedule is pretty flexible so whenever works best for you guys
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

@Interjection Just wanted to give you a suggestion for a future smackdown. I think it would be cool to have a match on a map like Carribean or Ceylon, but with no (or minimal) fish/whales; it would be cool just to see epci warship battles, people setting up bases on different islands, island hopping, landing raiding parties on the opponent's island, etc.

The no water resources aspect is there to motivate "island control". Perhaps most of the resources on the map are on islands in the middle of the ocean.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

ovi12 wrote:@Interjection Just wanted to give you a suggestion for a future smackdown. I think it would be cool to have a match on a map like Carribean or Ceylon, but with no (or minimal) fish/whales; it would be cool just to see epci warship battles, people setting up bases on different islands, island hopping, landing raiding parties on the opponent's island, etc.

The no water resources aspect is there to motivate "island control". Perhaps most of the resources on the map are on islands in the middle of the ocean.

I have a really really old RMS called "gandalfs isles" that might just be the thing you are looking for
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

dansil92 wrote:
ovi12 wrote:@Interjection Just wanted to give you a suggestion for a future smackdown. I think it would be cool to have a match on a map like Carribean or Ceylon, but with no (or minimal) fish/whales; it would be cool just to see epci warship battles, people setting up bases on different islands, island hopping, landing raiding parties on the opponent's island, etc.

I have a really really old RMS called "gandalfs isles" that might just be the thing you are looking for

Thanks! Would it be difficult to convert it to obs for the smackdown?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

ovi12 wrote:
dansil92 wrote:

Thanks! Would it be difficult to convert it to obs for the smackdown?

I can upload it if the maps/smackdown team is interested! They would have to edit it, im just learning to code maps- it will need a few changes, iroquois and sioux posts still show up even in TAD which is quite funny. Its got tons of islands, trade route and native sites, and extremely random. Good for smackdown, bad for tournament
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Interjection wrote:Is anyone free from 13:30 GMT or before on Saturday 19th? This is realistically the latest we can do as there will be preparation for the EscapeTV stream to do

The $50 prize is still on offer :)

unfortunately/fortunately I can't 100% confirm that I can make that time, but I hope to see someone else exploiting this one to the max.
oranges.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

... it would be pretty crazy if there was a smackdown on Squamiger's Giant World Map

(although I'd want to fix a few things, like making the hunts herdable)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Note that in order to have observer UI available, the scenario would have to be entirely rewritten from scratch as a Random Map Script, and the observer UI code added to it appropriately. Although I haven't made a RMS from scratch before, I imagine scripting those kinds of specific shapes would be quite difficult.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Then fucking get to work, already, you bum!
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

zoom wrote:Then fucking get to work, already, you bum!

Calling the person who probably does more work than almost anyone else at ESOC a bum :hmm:
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Who would like to play Mitoe on Saturday? We'll do normal ESOC Patch as this is all rather rushed
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Mitoe wrote:

Calling the person who probably does more work than almost anyone else at ESOC a bum :hmm:

He definitely meant it! No doubt! :maniac:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Mitoe wrote:

It's the ESOC way. I've been trying to find my inner Garja.
:chinese:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Interjection wrote:Who would like to play Mitoe on Saturday? We'll do normal ESOC Patch as this is all rather rushed

So did any games get played/ is any smackdown coming out today?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

@musketeer925 Cometk mentioned today on stream that the smackdown will be premiering on Interjection's channel later today.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

ovi12 wrote:@musketeer925 Cometk mentioned today on stream that the smackdown will be premiering on Interjection's channel later today.

thanks for the notification :smile:
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

@Jaeger @musketeer925 it's actually my bad, i thought smackdown #3 would be airing today, but i didn't give the OP a close enough read so i ended up overstepping. i think inter is busy casting/managing escapeaoe's stream, so there won't be a smackdown today (at least, the premiere should've appeared in youtube subbox's already but because this isn't the case i suppose smackdown #3 is planned for next week). my apologies for misinforming!
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

Yeah it should have aired yesterday but it slipped my mind with everything else going on at Escape. Got 3 days off now! Been working everyday solid since New Year's Day!
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Interjection wrote:Yeah it should have aired yesterday but it slipped my mind with everything else going on at Escape. Got 3 days off now! Been working everyday solid since New Year's Day!

Nice! Does this mean its coming in the next 3 days, or sunday?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Back in my day we didn't take kindly to sepoy lamers. World going soft...
Howdah
Donator 04

Post by Interjection »

It will be the Sunday coming now haha