Smackdown #4 Double Shipments

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Smackdown #4 Double Shipments

Post by deleted_user0 »

WickedCossack wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:You can get 100 vil pop as port in just over 6mins, tested it out a couple of times. Was raking in the resources.

What's your build ?

Schooners -> Advanced dock -> 1400w

Schooners produces 30w boats because of the way EP makes the wood deduction.

Guess I meant to say eco pop as vil pop is maybe misleading. But tbh at 6 mins 99 cheap fishing ships cleaning in the ocean easily pays off despite you neededing to deleted 75 of them shortly after. :P

Yah, schooners is pretty silly. Adv dock = almost instant boats? Its good on indonesia etc. With loads of whales! Luckily there are ways to rek your entire base before 6 minutes now
Belgium Tim010
Crossbow
ESO: Timm010

Re: Smackdown #4

Post by Tim010 »

Interjection wrote:It will be the Sunday coming now haha

SD3? :hmm:

(Not complaining, just hyped)
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

umeu wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Schooners -> Advanced dock -> 1400w

Schooners produces 30w boats because of the way EP makes the wood deduction.

Guess I meant to say eco pop as vil pop is maybe misleading. But tbh at 6 mins 99 cheap fishing ships cleaning in the ocean easily pays off despite you neededing to deleted 75 of them shortly after. :P

Yah, schooners is pretty silly. Adv dock = almost instant boats? Its good on indonesia etc. With loads of whales! Luckily there are ways to rek your entire base before 6 minutes now
Advanced dock means instant boats yes. I wonder if it pays off quickly enough.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I have another crazy idea for smackdown: Maphack Simulator. All the time both players can see the whole map. @Interjection What do you think?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

ovi12 wrote:I have another crazy idea for smackdown: Maphack Simulator. All the time both players can see the whole map. @Interjection What do you think?
Inter proposed exactly that idea in his Discord server today, when we were discussing new ideas for smackdown. I think it might be able to improve the strategy around countering each others builds because you know exactly what the other player does, but it makes things like scouting and raiding meaningless and thus lowering the skill gap overall.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

edeholland wrote:
ovi12 wrote:I have another crazy idea for smackdown: Maphack Simulator. All the time both players can see the whole map. @Interjection What do you think?
Inter proposed exactly that idea in his Discord server today, when we were discussing new ideas for smackdown. I think it might be able to improve the strategy around countering each others builds because you know exactly what the other player does, but it makes things like scouting and raiding meaningless and thus lowering the skill gap overall.

Well yeah but I think the higeher skill cap in strategy could outweigh the skill lost from scouting and raiding. I'm not sure, but I don't think what you said is automatically true.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I don't think it would be super interesting. Might be more interesting if you give the opponent a different advantage, like 5 or 10% handicap.

Though personally I still find this less interesting than ordinary AoE3.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I agree with mitoe, I think it would result in very boring games. Both players would just boom as hard as they can while making just enough units to deal with what the other player was making than the player with the better boom civ/most op unit late game would just auto win.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

May i suggest a smackdown where both players have 50% handicap? Get the game really fast paced and do the opposite of the double shipments, make them half as valuable?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

dansil92 wrote:May i suggest a smackdown where both players have 50% handicap? Get the game really fast paced and (in effect) do the opposite of the double shipments, make them half as valuable?
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

was SD4 played? who?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mitoe wrote:I don't think it would be super interesting. Might be more interesting if you give the opponent a different advantage, like 5 or 10% handicap.

Why do you think it would be uninteresting? To me it's interesting because I really cannot predict what would happen. Even if I have a guess, I know it is likely to be proven wrong, or there is stuff I haven't thought of.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

ovi12 wrote:
Mitoe wrote:I don't think it would be super interesting. Might be more interesting if you give the opponent a different advantage, like 5 or 10% handicap.

Why do you think it would be uninteresting? To me it's interesting because I really cannot predict what would happen. Even if I have a guess, I know it is likely to be proven wrong, or there is stuff I haven't thought of.

Idk, I feel like there's not much to look or talk about as a spectator for the first 10 minutes or so like this. Neither player is going to go for treasures because their opponent knows about it, unless they both go out of their way to stay away from each other, no one's going to scout or anything (obviously) :P

Basically once you start aging both players just sit in their base with their explorers for a couple of minutes, maybe build a TP if they can afford to do it without dying.

After this point, if it were me playing, I would just try to mirror exactly what my opponent does unit-wise, and otherwise just boom as hard as possible. Any aggressive play is going to fail 100% vs this because of defender's advantage and mirroring comp, so in theory the meta should evolve into both players just doing treaty until they run out of resources in base or until someone can get some kind of tech advantage that the other civ can't match (like falcs or something).
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Would play in a handicap, fast speed or maphack smackdown.

For the record I don’t agree with Mitoes analysis of maphack smackdown.
oranges.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Aizamk wrote:Would play in a handicap, fast speed or maphack smackdown.

For the record I don’t agree with Mitoes analysis of maphack smackdown.

It's just what I would do. I don't know, maybe I'm just being overly skeptical because I would rather watch a normal game of AoE3 than one of these weird modes :P
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mitoe wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

Idk, I feel like there's not much to look or talk about as a spectator for the first 10 minutes or so like this. Neither player is going to go for treasures because their opponent knows about it, unless they both go out of their way to stay away from each other, no one's going to scout or anything (obviously) :P

Basically once you start aging both players just sit in their base with their explorers for a couple of minutes, maybe build a TP if they can afford to do it without dying.

After this point, if it were me playing, I would just try to mirror exactly what my opponent does unit-wise, and otherwise just boom as hard as possible. Any aggressive play is going to fail 100% vs this because of defender's advantage and mirroring comp, so in theory the meta should evolve into both players just doing treaty until they run out of resources in base or until someone can get some kind of tech advantage that the other civ can't match (like falcs or something).

I agree with you for the most part, but one thing to keep in mind is that you can mind game your opponent. For example build a military building and go naked ff. It's not total knowledge like aiz's ui
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..