India TNT333
Skirmisher
Posts: 126
ESO: TNT333

20 Jan 2019, 17:05

U know when u get bored and wanna have fun play with ai? Well whos ur best friend frm the ai? Mine its Suleiman cuz hes generous and poetic
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6010

20 Jan 2019, 17:32

Queen isabella cos shes fiesty and gives me a boner
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4320

20 Jan 2019, 18:19

Weren't there some hidden things in the file that the AI could say, but never does? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
User avatar
Germany Makrokosmos12
Musketeer
Posts: 67
ESO: Templer12

20 Jan 2019, 18:41

@ovi12 No, you are correct. If you check the ai sound files, they have A TON of voicelines which most of them never get used,because there are so many. Dont know why they put so much effort in these.
No Flag Imperial Noob
Lancer
Posts: 582
Location: dormant

20 Jan 2019, 18:46

ovi12 wrote:Weren't there some hidden things in the file that the AI could say, but never does? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

there are hundreds of them

Btw. my favorites are Suliman (polite elderly gentleman) Henry the Navigator (the bro) and Maurice de Nassau (smartest of all bots). Sometimes I also played with Ivan, because he is so savage. Still, it is a tight one...
In the Polish dub Suliman is voiced by Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh / Emperor Palpatine, Maurice de Nassau by Governor from Pocahontas, Tokugawa by Scar from The Lion King, Ivan by... Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story (significantly more savage in our version) and Isabela by Triss Merigold from The Witcher games
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3453
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

20 Jan 2019, 18:55

ovi12 wrote:Weren't there some hidden things in the file that the AI could say, but never does? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Yeah, quite a lot actually.
Here I picked out some probably unused that I haven't heard:

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give a man a boatload of fish and he will eat for a damn long time.
So ... drink any good ale lately?
You must be one of the strong silent types.
Checking your email?
It seems my long hours at the taverns have caused our defeat.
Wish I could have been more helpful. My apologies.
This is all your fault!
Alas. This will always be remembered as the war you lost for us.
Ha! We have the upper hand, despite your blunderings. Go make me a sandwich.
While I'm off winning the campaign you're off looking at all the pretty graphics.
Excellent. You truly are the master of getting booty.
Playing defensive are we? Well then I expect you to come wall around my base too.
By building walls around my base I hope to keep the enemy out. Your forces, of course, are welcome inside.
Welcome back to the battlefield, sir. I trust your time away was productive.
Nice try. Try again.
Did I give you permission to kill my villagers? Prepare to die.
Killing my defenseless settlers I see ... do not think I'll have mercy on your women and children now!
Your army is huge. I'm afraid of the number of graves I'll have to dig for them.
Charge! Cut them down and let them drown in their own blood! Charge!
I have not seen any activity from you in a while. Clearly you have taken up gardening.
Been letting your kid sister play lately?
Sooo ... which cheat codes have you been using?
Where is your artillery, pet?
Madness! You send your men to death!
Your inexperience as a commander is obvious.
Whoever put you in charge should have his head examined.
You need to do better this game if you want to keep from making me cry.
Did that wood make you smile? You will get another surprise soon.
Tell me you love me.
Such quiet. Are you mad at me?
I must think of some way to thank you.
I have let you down.
I had hoped you would be strong for me.
You are very forward to be nosing around here.
I will thank you to keep your hands off my treasures.
There is no stopping me once I get started.
If you are nice, some of this could be yours.
Mmmm. Yummy food.
Don't be mad at me, pet.
See how the warriors flock to me? Are you jealous?
Look at the wood!
I like to think it was me that made you so powerful.
Choke on your ransom, you dogs.
Hello there, little man. Are you looking for treasure?
I would love to get to know your men better, but I won't have time before they are annihilated.
Hello. Don't get too comfortable in those buildings.
You are so kind to let a lady go first.
Your kindness will not go unpunished.
Let me know when you have finished your snack.
It was nice of you to let me get some beauty sleep.
Who wouldn't want to join a queen as lovely as I am?
Whatever happened to you? I thought you used to be somebody.
Don't worry. That happens to lots of people. I guess.
Looks like couple of the first ones are Henry, rest Isabella.
I could go on, there are like thousands of lines there...
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
Posts: 1168
ESO: Pikilic
Location: Dijon, France
GameRanger ID: 7497456

20 Jan 2019, 19:21

Thank you EAGLEMUT for this list haha. Also about orders like "x..., train infantry" there are messages like "You are right. Infantry backed by artillery is a very strong combination" which exist but are never said
i dont believe in coincidences, and you?
Image
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said
:hmm: AoE logic
User avatar
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger
Posts: 4320

20 Jan 2019, 19:40

Loool so do you guys know what determines the choice of lines, and why some lines are never said? Is it like “if ally has built 5 towers, say one of these 3 lines”?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
User avatar
United States of America musketeer925
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2014
ESO: musketeer925
GameRanger ID: 451878

20 Jan 2019, 19:45

@EAGLEMUT are these just strings or are there actually recorded audio for them?

If there's audio, I have two questions:
  • How much disk space could be saved by eliminating unused ones?
  • Could a bunch of the unused ones be enabled on EP?
User avatar
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
Posts: 1168
ESO: Pikilic
Location: Dijon, France
GameRanger ID: 7497456

20 Jan 2019, 20:25

@ovi12 here is an example:

Code: Select all

<Tag type="AiChat" name="ToAllyAdviceUseMoreCav" priority="Background">
      <Sentence>
        <String>I recommend you bring more cavalry to bear in this battle at once.</String>
        <Sound>chats\frederick0007.mp3</Sound>
        <StringID>38697</StringID>
      </Sentence>
      <Sentence>
        <String>"Cavalry, commander!  You need more cavalry in that fight!"</String>
        <Sound>chats\frederick0008.mp3</Sound>
        <StringID>38698</StringID>
      </Sentence>
    </Tag>
i dont believe in coincidences, and you?
Image
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said
:hmm: AoE logic
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3453
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

20 Jan 2019, 20:29

musketeer925 wrote:@EAGLEMUT are these just strings or are there actually recorded audio for them?

If there's audio, I have two questions:
  • How much disk space could be saved by eliminating unused ones?
  • Could a bunch of the unused ones be enabled on EP?

No idea, I was only looking at the strings and guessing which aren't used from my own memory.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Germany Makrokosmos12
Musketeer
Posts: 67
ESO: Templer12

20 Jan 2019, 20:36

I think they take quite a lot of unnecessary disk space. If you install the game via disk, the progress bar stays very long at these voice lines. Most people download it with steam nowhere days, but to switch out the 3 disks during the installation is annyoing.
User avatar
Portugal breeze
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1600
ESO: Breezebrothers

20 Jan 2019, 20:52

armada89 hiawatha
Lordraphael wrote:if you can spare money, consider donating. Depending on the number of donations i might decide to stream more.
bwinner wrote:I was happy when breeze posted a rec where he beat me once, which means he believes I am good.
User avatar
Canada dansil92
Lancer
Posts: 552
ESO: dansil92

20 Jan 2019, 21:28

I really like playing Fredrick the Great tbh. He rushes hard and actually upgrades his units (some will throw colonial pikes at you 45 minutes into the game ugh)

Also his soundbytes are hilarious

Soon all you'll have to eat is sourkraut!
The outcome of this battle has filled me with Wilsmertz!
I hope that battle will not be one for the history books


I think him and dutch are the 2 best ai, but it really depends on whats in the saloon sometimes. If Maurice gets manchu or highlanders with his artillery spamming it can be very difficult- and his fully upgraded outposts are very difficult to fight under.

Generally the ai is very bad but those two i find the most challenging.

Isabella can be a bit feisty too and her pike rodelero mayan allies rush is decent sometimes

"I see you like it rough"

I think the hardest challenge you can face vs ai without just cranking up the handicap to absurd levels is to play as sioux vs Maurice on expert IMO
Image
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 5268
ESO: mr_bramboy
Location: Amsterdam

20 Jan 2019, 22:28

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Alas. This will always be remembered as the war you lost for us.

Damn, I didn't know MCJim wrote lines for Microsoft.
No Flag Imperial Noob
Lancer
Posts: 582
Location: dormant

20 Jan 2019, 22:46

dansil92 wrote:I think the hardest challenge you can face vs ai without just cranking up the handicap to absurd levels is to play as sioux vs Maurice on expert IMO


You mean dog soldier box vs his few villagers, dense city and artillery? That is easy @pecelot

I killed all his villagers and TCs once, using 10 shinobi and 2 monks. The real pain is Cuauhtemoc. He can surround and swarm all of your units and can produce units from 6 fortified noble huts with fertility dance on :shock:
User avatar
Canada dansil92
Lancer
Posts: 552
ESO: dansil92

20 Jan 2019, 23:20

Imperial Noob wrote:
dansil92 wrote:I think the hardest challenge you can face vs ai without just cranking up the handicap to absurd levels is to play as sioux vs Maurice on expert IMO


You mean dog soldier box vs his few villagers, dense city and artillery? That is easy @pecelot

I killed all his villagers and TCs once, using 10 shinobi and 2 monks. The real pain is Cuauhtemoc. He can surround and swarm all of your units and can produce units from 6 fortified noble huts with fertility dance on :shock:


How... how do you get a dog box when he has 10 cannon in your base at The
the 9 minute mark (and no, playing on amazonia doesnt count). Im not saying you cant beat Maurice as sioux (ive done it but its the hardest matchup imo) but its not that simple. Really depends on saloon units though

Yeah cuatamoc is brutal too because he actually uses those big buttons but fortunately only really makes meelee units so skirm art is just fine. I think ive see the ai make eagle rinners once but i would guess its just the farm button ones
Image
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
No Flag Imperial Noob
Lancer
Posts: 582
Location: dormant

21 Jan 2019, 00:02

dansil92 wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:
dansil92 wrote:I think the hardest challenge you can face vs ai without just cranking up the handicap to absurd levels is to play as sioux vs Maurice on expert IMO


You mean dog soldier box vs his few villagers, dense city and artillery? That is easy @pecelot

I killed all his villagers and TCs once, using 10 shinobi and 2 monks. The real pain is Cuauhtemoc. He can surround and swarm all of your units and can produce units from 6 fortified noble huts with fertility dance on :shock:


How... how do you get a dog box when he has 10 cannon in your base at The
the 9 minute mark (and no, playing on amazonia doesnt count). Im not saying you cant beat Maurice as sioux (ive done it but its the hardest matchup imo) but its not that simple. Really depends on saloon units though

Yeah cuatamoc is brutal too because he actually uses those big buttons but fortunately only really makes meelee units so skirm art is just fine. I think ive see the ai make eagle rinners once but i would guess its just the farm button ones


I find your concept of base rigid
User avatar
Canada dansil92
Lancer
Posts: 552
ESO: dansil92

21 Jan 2019, 01:09

Well anyone can beat ai if you just spam random buildings or walls all over the map lol
Image
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
India TNT333
Skirmisher
Posts: 126
ESO: TNT333

21 Jan 2019, 11:49

dansil92 wrote:I really like playing Fredrick the Great tbh. He rushes hard and actually upgrades his units (some will throw colonial pikes at you 45 minutes into the game ugh)

Also his soundbytes are hilarious

Soon all you'll have to eat is sourkraut!
The outcome of this battle has filled me with Wilsmertz!
I hope that battle will not be one for the history books


I think him and dutch are the 2 best ai, but it really depends on whats in the saloon sometimes. If Maurice gets manchu or highlanders with his artillery spamming it can be very difficult- and his fully upgraded outposts are very difficult to fight under.

Generally the ai is very bad but those two i find the most challenging.

Isabella can be a bit feisty too and her pike rodelero mayan allies rush is decent sometimes

"I see you like it rough"

I think the hardest challenge you can face vs ai without just cranking up the handicap to absurd levels is to play as sioux vs Maurice on expert IMO

Henry and Maurice r good lategame Fred may not upgrade his uhlans and Suleiman gets mass cannons late on
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Great Britain Interjection
Lancer
Donator 04
Posts: 965
ESO: Interjection
Location: United Kingdom

21 Jan 2019, 22:38

Did we figure out if the voicelines are spoken?
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3453
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

21 Jan 2019, 22:50

Interjection wrote:Did we figure out if the voicelines are spoken?

Just checked the folder; yeah they are, you can find them in Sound\Chats. Around 500 voice chats for each AI.
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Austria supahons
Dragoon
Posts: 336
ESO: supahons

21 Jan 2019, 22:52

Interjection wrote:Did we figure out if the voicelines are spoken?


Nearly 6k soundfiles in the sound/chats folder ;)
All of them are translated, i don't have the english version of the game.
User avatar
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
Posts: 634
ESO: NekoBerk
Location: Barcelona

22 Jan 2019, 16:30

It would be cool if you could activate them on EP guys!.

Also does somebody recommends me some mods for improve the IA?
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
User avatar
United States of America musketeer925
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2014
ESO: musketeer925
GameRanger ID: 451878

22 Jan 2019, 16:37

NekoBerk wrote:It would be cool if you could activate them on EP guys!.

Also does somebody recommends me some mods for improve the IA?

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... fileid=316 ?

I always thought including something like this in EP would be a nice addition to our existing "quality of life changes"

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest