Spahis deserve better

India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Spahis deserve better

Post by TNT333 »

There should at least be a spahi infinite card m i right ?
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Spahis deserve better

Post by tedere12 »

yeah... idk about that. I think a spahi FI would be a bit too strong? Either that or not viable at all so what is the point :P

On nilla some people did spahi FI and even though it's a cheesy strategy, I think it's quite strong. :huh:

It's not like spahis play a crucial role in the ottoman unit composition. They are just a strong cavalry unit with area damage. Urumis are very unique and have a special role in the indian unit composition (in supremacy). :chinese:

What's the deal with spahis anyways? You can always pull them back in a fight and let them heal themselves slowly if you don't want to miss them. :roll:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

What I would love is an equivalent to the asian saloon card to grant access to this unit in saloon instead of ronins.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

This brings back nightmares from years ago getting constantly rekt by spahi fi in qs. My poor longbowmen. Everyone seemed to do it years ago
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Method_man714 wrote:This brings back nightmares from years ago gettingly constantly being rekt by spahi fi in qs. My poor longbowmen

did you constantly face spahis FI in qs ? :hmm:
Never happend to me honnestly
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

bwinner1 wrote:
Method_man714 wrote:This brings back nightmares from years ago gettingly constantly being rekt by spahi fi in qs. My poor longbowmen

did you constantly face spahis FI in qs ? :hmm:
Never happend to me honnestly

Yeah all the time. Mostly on nilla tho but it still happend often enough on TAD. Id always make loads of lb to deal with the jan abus which never turnes up
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Well if you think he is doing jan/abus while he FI and makes tons of lb, you are really bad at scouting
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Spahis are cool but unfortunately not used a lot. They autoupgrade though so they're still cool for FI. The splash damage makes them massacre heavy infantry, even though those are supposed to counter them.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

momuuu wrote:Spahis are cool but unfortunately not used a lot. They autoupgrade though so they're still cool for FI. The splash damage makes them massacre heavy infantry, even though those are supposed to counter them.

Spahis heal themselves too
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

The healing ability is negligible imo. But all in all, their stats are vastly superior than Cuirs. They do more base dmg (35 vs 30) have more hp (750 vs 500) and have a wider area of effect (3 vs 2). I would love to see an infinite shipment of 6 Spahis for 1500 food, but making them available in saloon would be overpowered I guess.

edit: there is a youtube clip where someone tried 60 spahi vs 60 cuirs and spahis win with 48 left. don't now whether the video is meaningful.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Having an infinite spahi card in industrial (similar to urumi) is a very old suggestion (it dates back to 2008 probably). It makes sense design wise but one should think first if it is really necessary.
Image Image Image
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I think there are two different viewpoints on whether it is necessary. From a purely technical perspective, Ottomans do not need it. But from a non-competitive player perspective, it can be frustrating not being able to use Ottoman unit diversity to its fullest from some point on. This is not necessarily about playing optimally/winning the game, but rather about having a lot of fun while playing. Knowing (or feeling) that you are restricted without need is just detrimental to the fun that a game should bring in the first place.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

yeah as said if we make spahis avaliable that's purely for fun and not for balance question.
btw @duckzilla spahis in saloon is probably not overpowered since iron soldier for china for instance is never used in saloon despite them being total beast in terms of cost efficient. So I guess paying a shipment only to access one unit is not very viable anyway.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

duckzilla wrote:edit: there is a youtube clip where someone tried 60 spahi vs 60 cuirs and spahis win with 48 left. don't now whether the video is meaningful.

Spirit Of The (Out)Law?
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

en 2v2 j'ai perdu un seul de mes 14 spahis gardes contre 30 musks vétérans et 20 uhlans vétérans sans l'aide de mon allié...

in 2v2 I lost only one of my 14 guard spahis against 30 veteran musks and 20 veterans uhlans without my ally's help...

-Kaiserklein
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I've always thought an infinite spahi card would be fun. No need to make it good, but viable for smurfing 3v3 Deccan games.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Infinite 7 Spahi for 750f would be fair, I think. India with this amount can buy 9 urumi (220f cost vs 280f cost of Spahi) and China for 1500f gets 8 iron flails and 3 crows
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Imperial Noob wrote:Infinite 7 Spahi for 750f would be fair, I think. India with this amount can buy 9 urumi (220f cost vs 280f cost of Spahi) and China for 1500f gets 8 iron flails and 3 crows

7 spahi are way stronger than 9 urumi though
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Papist wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:Infinite 7 Spahi for 750f would be fair, I think. India with this amount can buy 9 urumi (220f cost vs 280f cost of Spahi) and China for 1500f gets 8 iron flails and 3 crows

7 spahi are way stronger than 9 urumi though

Hmm, I guess 6 wouldn't be so bad. But any less and the enemy goon mass will pick them off easily.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

Garja wrote:Having an infinite spahi card in industrial (similar to urumi) is a very old suggestion (it dates back to 2008 probably). It makes sense design wise but one should think first if it is really necessary.

What makes a change "really necessary"?

I think Otto have a slight mid-late game deficiency and this could help balance them.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Necessary balance wise. I can agree with the change but it's not necessarily a no brainer.
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

That would probably the best shipment in the game, Otto FI every game.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Spahis are worth like 400+ food, not 280. 6 spahis cost 1200f to ship, how would 7 infinite spahis for 750f be balanced lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Maybe one should get some orientation by looking at the Spahi cards which are already available. You can get 6 Spahis for 1200f. That is equivalent to 466f per unit, since you could ship 1600f instead of the units. To give infinite 7 Spahis for 750f is obviously not the way to go. In my opinion, infinite cards should be rather less strong than usual ones. Hence, I would either suggest to a) change the existing 6 Spahis for 1200f one to be infinite or b) change one of the other cards to be infinte 6 Spahis for 1600f (effectively 533f).

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

duckzilla wrote:Maybe one should get some orientation by looking at the Spahi cards which are already available. You can get 6 Spahis for 1200f. That is equivalent to 466f per unit, since you could ship 1600f instead of the units. To give infinite 7 Spahis for 750f is obviously not the way to go. In my opinion, infinite cards should be rather less strong than usual ones. Hence, I would either suggest to a) change the existing 6 Spahis for 1200f one to be infinite or b) change one of the other cards to be infinte 6 Spahis for 1600f (effectively 533f).

Well infinite cards usually are more expensive than cards with the same value because they're infinite. So yeah your last suggestion makes most sense.