Spahis deserve better

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Re: Spahis deserve better

Post by Papist »

aqwer wrote:I think making spahi trainable in stable is the way to go.
Their auto heal and upgrade should be removed.
I think we can tweak it a bit.
175f 175c, 4pop, 36 att, 800 hp
Spahi are designed to be a powerful, one-shot unit and that's what they were balanced around. Trying to make them anything else is a recipe for disaster -- the unit you're describing would be hopelessly broken. And what's more, the civ you want to add it to already has a very strong age 3 and age 4, so I'm not even sure what weakness you're trying to compensate for.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Papist wrote: one-shot unit

What is one shot unit?
Papist wrote: what's more, the civ you want to add it to already has a very strong age 3 and age4
:uglylol:
#trainableSpahi
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

aqwer wrote:

What is one shot unit?
Papist wrote: what's more, the civ you want to add it to already has a very strong age 3 and age4
By one-shot, I mean a one time power spike that can't be repeated. If you think Otto has a weak age 3 and age 4, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

So this patch, otto got buffed mosque upgrades. They can get nat posts on no tp maps for xp. They can build tps even in the opponents tc radius. Spahis are buffed.
But ogm, abus have -1 range!!! How unfair, really need to buff otto more
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

we need trainable spahis, is that really that hard to understand ?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Why not just give Ottos trainable monster trucks while you're at it.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Papist wrote:
aqwer wrote:

What is one shot unit?
By one-shot, I mean a one time power spike that can't be repeated. If you think Otto has a weak age 3 and age 4, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong.
I don't agree with one shot logic.
Secondly otto late game is bad bcz not much eco ups in deck, abus costing 2 pop, cav archers costing 2 pop, slow training army etc.
#trainableSpahi
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Kaiserklein wrote:So this patch, otto got buffed mosque upgrades. They can get nat posts on no tp maps for xp. They can build tps even in the opponents tc radius. Spahis are buffed.
Very nice but IDK how can you not understand this that their late game is significantly weakened, bcz jan nerf and upgrades work on base stats. Cav archers and abus guns don't sync well due to pop inefficiency. So they need compensation in army somehow. Trainable spahi is just an idea waiting to be explored. You can also try reducing cav archers pop, or increase jan hand attack, or enable "team cav hp" cards, or buff "irregulars" card, or something else.
#trainableSpahi
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

aqwer wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:So this patch, otto got buffed mosque upgrades. They can get nat posts on no tp maps for xp. They can build tps even in the opponents tc radius. Spahis are buffed.
Very nice but IDK how can you not understand this that their late game is significantly weakened, bcz jan nerf and upgrades work on base stats. Cav archers and abus guns don't sync well due to pop inefficiency. So they need compensation in army somehow. Trainable spahi is just an idea waiting to be explored. You can also try reducing cav archers pop, or increase jan hand attack, or enable "team cav hp" cards, or buff "irregulars" card, or something else.
No, their late game has not been significantly weakened and has actually been strengthened thanks to the major eco buffs that were mentioned. Otto FF and FI is already very strong; the changes you're proposing will just break the civ. If you want to see how ridiculous mass spahi can be, go play colosseum and then tell me you want that in the base game.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Why the hell are people legitimizing this thread by responding??
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Holy shit. People just like feeling like they're right.

Ahh, me too!
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Papist wrote:
aqwer wrote:
No, their late game has not been significantly weakened and has actually been strengthened thanks to the major eco buffs that were mentioned. Otto FF and FI is already very strong; the changes you're proposing will just break the civ. If you want to see how ridiculous mass spahi can be, go play colosseum and then tell me you want that in the base game.
Lol, very funny. Nothing changes with otto eco after maxed vil but only that they will get it a few mins earlier. How is that a late game eco buff. :uglylol:
But they have to suffer due to weakening of military units all game. Making trainable spahis is logical choice given that otto eco is way worse than french and also less military pop. I am confident that even trainable spahi would be less trouble than fully upgraded cuirs due to eco and pop constraints.
#trainableSpahi
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Making trainable spahi is possibly the most illogical choice you could come up with when balancing otto.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I need to understand something.

@aqwer Your opinion is "otto are bad in late game" and your response about this is "make spahi trainable"?
That no sound logic at all to me

To be honest i think that you juste love spahi skin and you want seeing more of them.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

chronique wrote:I need to understand something.

@aqwer Your opinion is "otto are bad in late game" and your response about this is "make spahi trainable"?
That no sound logic at all to me

To be honest i think that you juste love spahi skin and you want seeing more of them.
I want nothing special, just want otto late game to be better, trainable spahi is a right solution. They are equivalent to cuirs but with much weak eco and military upgrades.
#trainableSpahi
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Spahi are better than cuir.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

On paper but when you take into account French strong late game eco and military upgrades (4 cards for cuirs while 1 for spahi excluding riding school for both), spahi are roughly equivalent to cuirs.
#trainableSpahi
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Cuir are on of the most strongest unit of the game (maybe the strongest in late game) and you want an unit that is better than cuir 95% of the time? Are you crazy?
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

They are kinda similar when other contributing factors are taken into account
#trainableSpahi
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

aqwer wrote:They are kinda similar when other contributing factors are taken into account
Are you mentally ill?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America bittersalt123
Howdah

Post by bittersalt123 »

Riotcoke wrote:
aqwer wrote:They are kinda similar when other contributing factors are taken into account
Are you mentally ill?
I can see you're a quality addition to the ESOC team.
"It makes a lot of sense to me that you're a Floridian." fightinfrenchman

Who needs water when you've got Brawndo – The Thirst Mutilator?

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

lol
Fine line to something great is a strange change.