smurfs are ruining the game

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: smurfs are ruining the game

Post by spanky4ever »

Cometk wrote:it's pretty hard for spank to rank up

right on target, thx for realizing it ;)
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

there is a trick to ranking up
delete your hcs and win 1v1s with lvl 10 citys
will give u a bit more PR
Error 404: Signature not found
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

noissance wrote:there is a trick to ranking up

thing is that the game is pretty much ruined, the good players stay on their thrones, playing unrated
the presents like you and me. are prone to the OP players smurfs. This game is not that fun anymore. and the OP players are the one who did most damage
SO tabben is the one on the throne. or is it Kaiser? nah, you and me are the backbone of the game, not these OPs. see you soon
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Why do i feel like im reading satire?
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

iwillspankyou wrote:

thing is that the game is pretty much ruined, the good players stay on their thrones, playing unrated
the presents like you and me. are prone to the OP players smurfs. This game is not that fun anymore. and the OP players are the one who did most damage
SO tabben is the one on the throne. or is it Kaiser? nah, you and me are the backbone of the game, not these OPs. see you soon

Yeah thats basically why i stopped regularly playing for over 2 yrs, not fun anymore
Error 404: Signature not found
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Without noob basher, the game could be fun again.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

noissance wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

Yeah thats basically why i stopped regularly playing for over 2 yrs, not fun anymore

I used to play alot, but nowadays, very little.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

smurf keep the game alive. Just because you happen to meet them once while they level up doesn't mean they ruin the game
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I like to bash players way lower than me, it makes me feel like I am actually good at the game.
For added dominance I don't even type "GG" after the game.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Games at lower ranks (pr 12-17) are much more relaxed to play. You have a variety of troll strats available to make the game more entertaining, you can do base building and boom, be greedy, etc.. If I wanted to play competitively, I could maybe get captain without too much effort. The only drawback at lower level games is that I tend to dominate late-game by a wide margin, since I just know about the mechanics of the game (and build up to 99 villagers).

I recently made new decks with the "rule" that I am not allowed to send villagers, units or crates. It leads to maximum greedy and troll playstyle and I love it. Unfortunately, it did not prevent my account to rise in rank and reach ms recently :sad:

edit: I play random 3v3 nearly exclusively
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

DO SOMETHING, GARJA!!
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Man... I have so many smurfs but never online at the right time
shit juice :hmm:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Paranoia
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Yes there are smurfs, but i think the reason is a skill difference. I've played quite a lot games on fun maps with <masterserg, but everytime it felt to me i had to explain the game again and again (<ms usually forget to max. vills all the time :/ = no fun anymore). After the ms rank people start to become good, make fewer beginner mistakes and start to micro (still rly bad compared to higher ranks but a lot better than an average <serg). An average 1st lt usually stomps a ms, an average major stomps a 1st lt and so on. (oversimplified) The skill improvement each rank is quite huge after the ms level.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

in gaining tons of entertainment bashing corporals myself.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
United States of America Sub0Winters
Crossbow
ESO: Sub0Winters

Post by Sub0Winters »

Here are my thoughts.

You cannot change smurfing whether you want to or not. It exists in games beyond this one and will always exist as long as you can buy accounts. So you are left with3 main options.

1. Continue to be upset about it which can lead to a poor experience and eventually #2.

2. Quit the game. If you truly aren't having a good experience then don't play. Life is too short to do things you don't like esp an old video game.

3. View Smurfs as an opportunity to play someone better than you. The only way in life to get better is to challenge yourself. Record games and watch why you lost and adapt. Then you can be the one smurfing eventually. ;-). But seriously you don't get better by winning and you don't get better by losing with a poor attitude bc you miss out on a growth opportunity.

<3
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

@spanky4ever What makes you so sure you're being smurfed? Sometimes, the other player is just underranked due to a bad losing streak/inactivity or is just playing on point that game. Make sure you aren't jumping to conclusions just because you're irritated about how a game turned out.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

noissance wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

Hey you're back!!! Why did you delete your discord? Where are you now? How's life????
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

I have the opposite problem. I've played on one single account for more than 10 years but people still call me smurf.

I play very rarely and sometimes ESO resets "number of games played" to 0. And rank always decays to 25, so my win percent can go to 100% very easily and people assume I'm a smurf.

I want to play vs rank 30-35 but they often refuse so I have to play vs same rank to level up first. So I guess I am a smurf, but what can I do about that (except play more) :P
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Snuden wrote:I like to bash players way lower than me, it makes me feel like I am actually good at the game.
For added dominance I don't even type "GG" after the game.

That's why you're so understanding when I do it to you :love:

@spanky4ever As others have already stated, it's quite unlikely that there are many smurfs around your PR. Losing to someone better doesn't mean he or she is a smurf and PR can be a bad guide at judging ppl's abilities, it's just a vague estimate. Your rank is subject to which players you beat, how frequently you play, which civs you play, your daily shape and many more factors. Take it easy and lose with dignity when you lose
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Its strange to see everyone like bashing noobs. When i played the game i always kicked low level players since i knew its unfun and boring.
Maybe old players are bored of the game since its almost never changes even with EP. Same op strats over and over again. It must be boring. :D
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

91 wrote:I want to play vs rank 30-35 but they often refuse so I have to play vs same rank to level up first. So I guess I am a smurf, but what can I do about that (except play more) :P
TIL @91 is actually truly a top player.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

edeholland wrote:
91 wrote:I want to play vs rank 30-35 but they often refuse so I have to play vs same rank to level up first. So I guess I am a smurf, but what can I do about that (except play more) :P
TIL @91 is actually truly a top player.

yea, he was pr40 at his prime
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Nothing beats the cheating accusations against my buddy and me when we have an 80% WR and merely sling a jan rush or some other deadly thing with a double eco. :P

I learned lots of new swear words I never knew existed

Once we even enraged a real cheater, who started spawning tartar horse archers and when that was not enough, monstertrucks
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:thing is that the game is pretty much ruined, the good players stay on their thrones, playing unrated

No? And besides, how is that relevant to the topic?

iwillspankyou wrote:the presents like you and me. are prone to the OP players smurfs. This game is not that fun anymore. and the OP players are the one who did most damage

Do you really think we'd be having fun smurfing at sergeant level? I don't even have an account below pr 25, and when they get to 25 it's because of decay. You're probably getting smurfed by some lieutenants lol.
And if you believe top players did "most damage" to the game, maybe think about streams and tournaments... Actually even ESOC was created by a bunch of pr30+ people.

iwillspankyou wrote:SO tabben is the one on the throne. or is it Kaiser? nah, you and me are the backbone of the game, not these OPs. see you soon

The "backbone"? Do you think pr20- people contribute a lot to the community overall, or are most of them just casually playing 3v3s without being part of the community? I mean everyone is free to do what he likes, I totally get that it can be more fun to play casually and so on. But don't act like top players are cancer or something, while low level players are the true heart of aoe3
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..