Post by Frost Bite »

Did someone call me a skilled player? , thank you :) <3
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: smurfs are ruining the game

Post by momuuu »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Just because you all don't have smurf accounts at that level doesn't mean that others don't. I know of several people who are pr25+ who get on pr20- accounts. These accounts are shared and these people get on them when either they want to play, but there are no games at their level, or if they just want to play casually. Another reason why they may use these accounts is because they have a friend who is just learning the game and they want to help that person. Hosting a 2v2/3v3 as a pr25+ when your friend is pr10- isn't going to yield very good games. Of course, there are those people who do enjoy just bashing "noobs" and it seems that iwillspankyou has ran into those types of people. I don't think that she's accusing anyone here of doing that, rather, I feel that she's just venting because it is really frustrating.

Let's be honest here, it isn't at all unlikely that spanky is just blaming 'smurfing' for her legitemate losses. Losing in gaming is rough and people tend to come up with excuses. Whether it is bad teammates, balance/the match up, them getting lucky, lag (common excuse for good players) or smurfing doesn't matter, because in reality it's usually just the human mind trying to blame something else to protect itself. As far as an analysis of spanky's personality is possible, she doesn't strike me as the kind of extraordinary human that will take a loss without blaming something else. It's normal human behaviour of course, I myself am very guilty of it too. To me it seems very likely spanky has decided smurfs are causing her losses when in reality she's just getting outplayed by peers.

I get smurfing though, because in the higher ranks getting a game going is just extremely bothersome. I occasionally "smurf" myself just to get some games going. But the pr14 level cannot entertain me at all, it's just way too easy. I think that the only people that could smurf pr14's without getting bored are people that are like pr20-23 or so. But those people shouldn't have any issues finding games. I'd estimate, logically speaking, that it's rather unlikely that the pr14 range is invested with smurfs. The only somewhat legitemate reason to smurf is so you can get games with friends that have a low rank. This is the only occasion where I smurfed in that pr range for example, because getting a 2v2 going when a captain is teaming up with a conscript is simply impossible. But again, those should be very rare too I think.

tl;dr It's very likely spanky is just calling random players smurfs to protect her own ego.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:You can rank up easily to whatever level you're worth. Saying you're stuck at pr 14 because everyone is smurfing you is just pure bullshit honestly.

honestly, I was not saying "everyone" is smurfing on me. I said that smurfs are ruining the game - because there are very many of them. There is a difference here. You might not like it, but its very rude to call another person's arguments for bullshit, no matter if you strongly disagree.

There aren't that many of them. Not everyone who beats you is a smurf. If it's something you're concerned about, only play with people you know.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Would not expect any other "anal-yzes" comming from you @momuuu ^^
For the record, I have no problem losing a fair game. I lose half of them. That is not the issue though.
I will restrain myself for making personality speculation about you, cos I really do not know you. You could be a nice person for all I know :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

hes not saying he can win 50%+ of your games. he expects to lose half of games. hes ok w losing, against equal matched players.
for me out of 10 games vs fair people and smurfs, 2,3 smurfs is too much. playing that set of games sucks compared to a set of 10 equal ranked oppenents(ora smurf every 20-40 games).
most pple r saying there arent that many smurfs
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Ashvin wrote:
noissance wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yeah thats basically why i stopped regularly playing for over 2 yrs, not fun anymore

Hey you're back!!! Why did you delete your discord? Where are you now? How's life????

Life is good finishing up grad school this spring, and i got a major upgrade to my pc. I left discord cuz i was getting pestered from another community, not esoc. I play the occasional game every now and then, made a new account from a steam gift of the game from a friend. Old account is owned by basement i think.
Error 404: Signature not found
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

I currently have a few smurf accounts. One is my new main for only getting high PR, so I bashed my way to lt in 1v1s and QS in one day. But I have another real smurf account that I keep at pr corporal( 12 with 50%) win rate and it is for a couple reasons. 1: to use outlandish strategies like mercenaries only, natives only, ronin OP explorer cards etc... thats fun to me. The strategies I use are so bad that if someone lets me get away with say a FI mercenary build as germany I will crush them, but any kind of decent rush and I am done so I consider it fair. And the reason I do it is for fun, because the game is for fun at the end of the day not for competition, and also becuase sometimes its easier to find games that way. I can do things like go water with IRO, make pirates on hispaniola etc. And even without throwing the game/giving away wins very much I manage to keep my pr at corp and lose half the time. I feel like that is responsible smurfing. What do you think?
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

jgals wrote:I feel like that is responsible smurfing. What do you think?
yes
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

jgals wrote:I currently have a few smurf accounts. One is my new main for only getting high PR, so I bashed my way to lt in 1v1s and QS in one day. But I have another real smurf account that I keep at pr corporal( 12 with 50%) win rate and it is for a couple reasons. 1: to use outlandish strategies like mercenaries only, natives only, ronin OP explorer cards etc... thats fun to me. The strategies I use are so bad that if someone lets me get away with say a FI mercenary build as germany I will crush them, but any kind of decent rush and I am done so I consider it fair. And the reason I do it is for fun, because the game is for fun at the end of the day not for competition, and also becuase sometimes its easier to find games that way. I can do things like go water with IRO, make pirates on hispaniola etc. And even without throwing the game/giving away wins very much I manage to keep my pr at corp and lose half the time. I feel like that is responsible smurfing. What do you think?

I guess you will win point with your mother in law with all this fairness and responsibility. I don't like it.
When I load up a smurf, I do it for one purpose, and one purpose only - NOOB BASHING! :devil:

I sit there, actually thinking my APM, micro, macro and all that other jazz is actually good. Like sex, I sometimes get down to business and finish them off right away, other times I slowly starve them to death.

When I'm done and my ego is full, I go to the balcony for a smoke, looking at the people below me and thinking "If they only knew"

:love:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Snuden wrote:
jgals wrote:I currently have a few smurf accounts. One is my new main for only getting high PR, so I bashed my way to lt in 1v1s and QS in one day. But I have another real smurf account that I keep at pr corporal( 12 with 50%) win rate and it is for a couple reasons. 1: to use outlandish strategies like mercenaries only, natives only, ronin OP explorer cards etc... thats fun to me. The strategies I use are so bad that if someone lets me get away with say a FI mercenary build as germany I will crush them, but any kind of decent rush and I am done so I consider it fair. And the reason I do it is for fun, because the game is for fun at the end of the day not for competition, and also becuase sometimes its easier to find games that way. I can do things like go water with IRO, make pirates on hispaniola etc. And even without throwing the game/giving away wins very much I manage to keep my pr at corp and lose half the time. I feel like that is responsible smurfing. What do you think?

I guess you will win point with your mother in law with all this fairness and responsibility. I don't like it.
When I load up a smurf, I do it for one purpose, and one purpose only - NOOB BASHING! :devil:

I sit there, actually thinking my APM, micro, macro and all that other jazz is actually good. Like sex, I sometimes get down to business and finish them off right away, other times I slowly starve them to death.

When I'm done and my ego is full, I go to the balcony for a smoke, looking at the people below me and thinking "If they only knew"

:love:

yeah thats what I do with Jgals though because i actually care about rank. With my noob account it's all about the retard strategy, so I need to keep it low enough to where those strats semi work XD
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

What an insight into the human psyche wow
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

deleted_user wrote:https://youtu.be/gF22SQ7Yrkk

Go to 31 seconds

this guy is awesome
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Looking at your stats, I can say that you often lose against players a few PR above you, which shouldn't be a surprise. You also played against some players 5 PR below you, the lowest being a player with a PR of -2.655. In the end, I would believe a few of those players are smurfs, but I don't think those are preventing you from leveling up.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

*edited, too much personal opinion

Maybe the smurfing isn't the main problem, there is just a general toxicity in gaming. I can remember at least a few games too, when a conscript stomped me and flamed me (at the Serg rank). This is really no fun, if you try to rank up and are new to the game.
Brazil Majora_
Musketeer
ESO: Majora_

Post by Majora_ »

deleted_user wrote:https://youtu.be/gF22SQ7Yrkk

Go to 31 seconds

nice point of view by finegold
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

I play this game to fight off my anxiety, depression. atleast a win in this virtual life. so i bash noobs. that is me .
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Kek, now Spanky teams up with a PR30+ on his brand new PR4 account and bash Sergeants.
EleGiggle.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Snuden wrote:Kek, now Spanky teams up with a PR30+ on his brand new PR4 account and bash Sergeants.
EleGiggle.
Not getting this either :sad:

You either die a sergeant, or you live long enough to see yourself become a smurf.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

edeholland wrote:
Snuden wrote:Kek, now Spanky teams up with a PR30+ on his brand new PR4 account and bash Sergeants.
EleGiggle.
Not getting this either :sad:

You either die a sergeant, or you live long enough to see yourself become a smurf.

Yeah in this game, u win or u die
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

smurfs are ruining my life :mad:
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Im also sure that the genuinely good players (PR30+) dont have enough time to ruin the gameplay experiences of sub-lutenent players. its the people between pr25-30 that end up smurfing to noob bash, or some even point trade.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

edeholland wrote:Not getting this either :sad:

or you ...

Image+Image

*[spoiler=spoiler]Go after the smurfs, like the antagonist of the smurfs in the story, in an attempt to destroy them, but they always escape (the irony)[/spoiler]

:lol:
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Btw, i found out what causes the infinite account creation exploit. Anyone have contacts to M$ so i can explain 2 them?