smurfs are ruining the game

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: smurfs are ruining the game

Post by Ashvin »

noissance wrote:Btw, i found out what causes the infinite account creation exploit. Anyone have contacts to M$ so i can explain 2 them?

@n0el
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

noissance wrote:Btw, i found out what causes the infinite account creation exploit. Anyone have contacts to M$ so i can explain 2 them?

They don't care at this point.
mad cuz bad
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Hi I'm microsoft, explain me
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

momuuu wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:Just because you all don't have smurf accounts at that level doesn't mean that others don't. I know of several people who are pr25+ who get on pr20- accounts. These accounts are shared and these people get on them when either they want to play, but there are no games at their level, or if they just want to play casually. Another reason why they may use these accounts is because they have a friend who is just learning the game and they want to help that person. Hosting a 2v2/3v3 as a pr25+ when your friend is pr10- isn't going to yield very good games. Of course, there are those people who do enjoy just bashing "noobs" and it seems that iwillspankyou has ran into those types of people. I don't think that she's accusing anyone here of doing that, rather, I feel that she's just venting because it is really frustrating.

Let's be honest here, it isn't at all unlikely that spanky is just blaming 'smurfing' for her legitemate losses. Losing in gaming is rough and people tend to come up with excuses. Whether it is bad teammates, balance/the match up, them getting lucky, lag (common excuse for good players) or smurfing doesn't matter, because in reality it's usually just the human mind trying to blame something else to protect itself. As far as an analysis of spanky's personality is possible, she doesn't strike me as the kind of extraordinary human that will take a loss without blaming something else. It's normal human behaviour of course, I myself am very guilty of it too. To me it seems very likely spanky has decided smurfs are causing her losses when in reality she's just getting outplayed by peers.

I get smurfing though, because in the higher ranks getting a game going is just extremely bothersome. I occasionally "smurf" myself just to get some games going. But the pr14 level cannot entertain me at all, it's just way too easy. I think that the only people that could smurf pr14's without getting bored are people that are like pr20-23 or so. But those people shouldn't have any issues finding games. I'd estimate, logically speaking, that it's rather unlikely that the pr14 range is invested with smurfs. The only somewhat legitemate reason to smurf is so you can get games with friends that have a low rank. This is the only occasion where I smurfed in that pr range for example, because getting a 2v2 going when a captain is teaming up with a conscript is simply impossible. But again, those should be very rare too I think.

tl;dr It's very likely spanky is just calling random players smurfs to protect her own ego.

the trick is you do impossible strategies like sending only war chief buff cards with aztec and going jaguar, or go natives, or outlaw/mercenary. I like to go full mercenary with germ
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Jerom u sou d like a complete jackass some times my dude. You dont have to tell us your opinion on everything. U can just ignore threads my dude

Like I get that you're trying to be HAN honest person but try and be an optimist too and realize ur opinion might be biased
United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Post by IGNDontay »

Kind of proves the point with all these people defending smurfs, you can assume they're big smurfs. But yeah they really are ruining the game, and it makes trusting accounts you've never seen before that have sketchy stats hard and causes a bit of distrust and discord in the community. Any account made between 2016-2019 can automatically be considered a smurf honestly, though of course there are exceptions. On one hand it might really be a new-ish player, on the other it's a smurf, you can try to tell by looking at stats/decks but sometimes you just can't tell from the account only by the way they play. Most smurfs are trolls doing nonsense, try-hards, and or hackers playing under an alias and never reveal who they really are. When you were playing under the impression you were playing someone lower than you or par to you that's the annoyance in smurfs that, or they'll lowkey cheat to recover from losing, etc, since they have no repercussion to be blasted on their main online persona.
The funny part is that smurfs'll join games with players 2 to 3 times lower than them and still try-hard to win. The best thing to do is just pest them when you've realized they're a smurf and hope AOE3DE/AOE4 punishes these kind of people, it's like someone lying to your face and who likes someone like that, online or offline. Smurfs are just dishonest people in general who enjoy getting wins under the impression they're lower than they really are. They'll never tell you who they are if they lose but will if they win. When you need to make room on the pest list for new smurfs/trolls check the sign in date on older pests and delete ones who havent logged on in awhile. Its kind of funny tbh, and then you have the smurfs of these people who call themself "top players" who join games and do lame strategies like abusing mechanics or those who play quicksearch and then hack. If you're going to be a garbo-person at least do it on your main account so we can know who you are. Most are pretty ignorant anyways because they'll stream and openly show their smurf accounts to anyone watching, which is at least less lame than the ones who have 10+ accounts and try to keep their identity completely secret.
The game is pretty dead, true but if you need to buy the game again and again or "exploit" to make another account to smurf on, then maybe you have to much time invested in the game, go outside or hit the gym. Wait for someone to join your lobby you've hosted, or go play something else. That's why I host "unr most welcome" games because it is true the higher rank you get the less games you get to play, but that's no excuse to be a rated game noob bashing-lamer. And most take the game too seriously and won't even play unrated game with players higher than them. That's my take on smurfs ;-) If you want to know some of the smurf accounts I have pested just hmu, I have well over 50 accounts pested from some of the main smurfs. don't @me.
You can’t read me I don’t play by the book.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

I don't know what the argument here is about but can you just have a Bo55 to settle it like normal people instead of airing it here? It's quite excessive. I am purifying this thread from dontay's first post here onward; please don't make me purify it again.
duck
:mds:
imo
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Between @Vinyanyérë and me, we have deleted 31 posts in here. Let's try to stay on topic, and if that's not possible, then at least be respectful of one another. If you have a problem with another member, please make use of the "foe" option on the forums. Consider this an informal warning. Subsequent responses here and in other threads will be monitored and warnings and/or bans will be handed out if deemed necessary.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Nurf Smurf?
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

#Fear @XeeleeFlower, tbh i found it funny when i read this "informal warning" .. hahahahha
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

oh mankel oh mankel im a sinner! i need to be purified aswell.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Just git gud tbh.
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

The fun thing about smurfing is that you can purposefully play bad and still win often. But I guess this thread has convinced me to stop. If you ever see me smurfing, please send a PM telling me to knock it off. The alt I use to play seriously is "n1---rkiller" and the alt I use to play badly is "H2O_".
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

i swear there are sometimes ill play like 6 pr higher than I really am one game and then other games I play like absolute garbage. ive had it happen many times where I get called im smurfing but they dont realize they just caught me at the one game I actually play decent and they dont see the 70% of the other times when I play like I have hemorrhoids
c0ns!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Amsel_ wrote:The fun thing about smurfing is that you can purposefully play bad and still win often. But I guess this thread has convinced me to stop. If you ever see me smurfing, please send a PM telling me to knock it off. The alt I use to play seriously is "n1---rkiller" and the alt I use to play badly is "H2O_".

ur so edgy bru
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Smurfing is fun ,there are alot of matches smurfs vs smurfs in MS level i love it.
:nwc:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

When smurf meets another smurf is OP.
:nwc:
United States of America Amsel_
Howdah
ESO: The_Amsel

Post by Amsel_ »

gibson wrote:
Amsel_ wrote:The fun thing about smurfing is that you can purposefully play bad and still win often. But I guess this thread has convinced me to stop. If you ever see me smurfing, please send a PM telling me to knock it off. The alt I use to play seriously is "n1---rkiller" and the alt I use to play badly is "H2O_".

ur so edgy bru

I'm going to take a guess at what you're calling edgy, and say that there was some famous person who's son used the name "n1---rkiller" on his xbox account.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

vardar wrote:i swear there are sometimes ill play like 6 pr higher than I really am one game and then other games I play like absolute garbage. ive had it happen many times where I get called im smurfing but they dont realize they just caught me at the one game I actually play decent and they dont see the 70% of the other times when I play like I have hemorrhoids

Poor sania got watered
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Kaiserklein wrote:You can rank up easily to whatever level you're worth. Saying you're stuck at pr 14 because everyone is smurfing you is just pure bullshit honestly.

how come Queen suddenly ranked up from 14 to 21? or more? did you help her in any way?
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

But as I said, I am perfectly OK being at my low rank. That is not the issue here.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

What rookie revived thos thread
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Post removed by op
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

for some of you, your rank is artificially high. and some corp/serg are artificially low, cos so many are having "fun", bashing lower ranked players.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

what
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers