Jaeger

Re: ALT + D

Post by tedere12 »

it's not.
United States of America byrdcall
Musketeer

Post by byrdcall »

so say im spain or china or something, i can just keep popping him up and make units. Or pop him up when i need to make a tp.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

It's a great thing for you to do
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

byrdcall wrote:so say im spain or china or something, i can just keep popping him up and make units. Or pop him up when i need to make a tp.

I literally had a spain player do this today its so annoying. Had to trade monop to finally end his running dogs explorers and fishing ships around

Kinda ruins the game imo. I wouldnt call it a cheat but its unsportsmanlike
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

It's totally legit.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Lol
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

These people are trolling you. It's seen as a cheat in the competitive spirit of the game and using it in a tournament setting will get you banned.
United States of America byrdcall
Musketeer

Post by byrdcall »

Its a legit question because Im playing people who are constantly doing it in team and 1v1 games. Then when I call them out on it because I thought it was a cheat as well they say its "built into the game" or something like that. Idk if they genuinely feel like its not cheating or there just trolling me with answers, like most aoe3 players seem to do...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Is it cheating in the same sense as using the moesbar ui is cheating? No. Is it blatant bug abuse( which in a competitive environment is generally considered cheating) and bad sportsmanship? For sure.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

It’s cheating.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah just don't play with people who use it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

It's cheating. Not even a question.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's not a cheat.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

It is considered to be a cheat, although it is debatable. Or at least, it should be debatable but unfortunately isn't in this community.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It was debatable, it has been debated a lot. But it has become obvious that it should be considered a cheat so it's not debatable anymore. Why would we keep discussing that lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

momuuu wrote:It is considered to be a cheat, although it is debatable. Or at least, it should be debatable but unfortunately isn't in this community.
How is it not debatable? Is it because the vast majority of players agree it's a cheat? That doesn't stop anyone from debating it; it just makes them look more or less silly. It's very much a matter of opinion. Fact, on the other hand, is that it's a balance-breaking bug.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
momuuu wrote:It is considered to be a cheat, although it is debatable. Or at least, it should be debatable but unfortunately isn't in this community.
How is it not debatable? Is it because the vast majority of players agree it's a cheat? That doesn't stop anyone from debating it; it just makes them look more or less silly. It's very much a matter of opinion. Fact, on the other hand, is that it's a balance-breaking bug.

How the fuck is it a balance-breaking bug?

ESOcloseminded-community.net
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

some explorers are worth much more than others
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

momuuu wrote:
zoom wrote:

How the fuck is it a balance-breaking bug?

ESOcloseminded-community.net

you're the one talking about the bug being not debatable tho bud. how does that make esoc closeminded lol
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

a) A bug is not per definition a cheat. This is actually a fact, if you care to look it up.
b) Saying that "alt-d breaks balance is a fact" is beyond ridiculous. It affects balance, but it doesn't break it in any regard. Even the argument that some civs have better explorers is pure nonsense, because those explorers also give extra xp.
c) Whenever you mention that alt-d shouldn't necessarily be considered a cheat, there are somehow a bunch of people that will claim, with no good arguments, that it's silly to say such a thing.

I just don't know what to say anymore. People need to revisit logic school.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Cometk wrote:some explorers are worth much more than others

^this

I dont know how often alt-d would actually completely change a particular game, they revive with no los no hp and generally it is done by people who are losing anyway. I think its just extremely unsportsmanlike but calling it cheating is a stretch imo. It is technically part of the game as annoying as it is. And i agree with it being banned in tournaments
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

dansil92 wrote:
Cometk wrote:some explorers are worth much more than others

^this

I dont know how often alt-d would actually completely change a particular game, they revive with no los no hp and generally it is done by people who are losing anyway. I think its just extremely unsportsmanlike but calling it cheating is a stretch imo. It is technically part of the game as annoying as it is. And i agree with it being banned in tournaments

Why is it "extremely unsportsmanlike" when there's no clear ruling on whether or not it is allowed? It's a gray area by all gaming standards and there is no explicit agreement in non tournament games that alt-d is cheating. Someone might not even consider it a cheat, so him using it wouldn't at all be unsportsmanlike.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

What people here don't seem to get is that cheating isnt so black and white.....
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

1. unpausing an afk opponent is not cheating if you've already won the game and i was up 20 score
2. i don't cheat, i just pay people to smurf on my account, how can i cheat if i'm not even the one playing?!!
3. ok i did cheat once when i sent crates on stream, im so sorry
4. long live alt + d