ALT + D

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: ALT + D

Post by zoom »

momuuu wrote:
zoom wrote:
momuuu wrote:It is considered to be a cheat, although it is debatable. Or at least, it should be debatable but unfortunately isn't in this community.
How is it not debatable? Is it because the vast majority of players agree it's a cheat? That doesn't stop anyone from debating it; it just makes them look more or less silly. It's very much a matter of opinion. Fact, on the other hand, is that it's a balance-breaking bug.

How the fuck is it a balance-breaking bug?

ESOcloseminded-community.net
Because it breaks balance, within and without civilizations, alike. For example, it is extremely beneficial to Japanese, making the civilization significantly stronger, compared to others, and breaking the game feature of training the unit at the Town Center, within the civilization.

Keep an open mind, please!
:chinese:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:What people here don't seem to get is that cheating isnt so black and white.....
Agreed. A lot of posters seem not to get that. A bug does not equate to a cheat, per se.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ahaha here we go again.
Any alt-d discussion sohuld just be closed because there are 5 threads already.
Image Image Image
United States of America byrdcall
Musketeer

Post by byrdcall »

Really? because when I conducted a search in forums there wasn't any and thats the only reason why i started it. I just wanted some feedback and I got exactly what I wanted know from a few people discussing the strategic advantages of this bug. 90% of you on here bitch and moan the whole time and don't give any relevant input on the current topic.

Thank you for the people who gave insightful answers and feel free to delete this post.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Hazza54321 wrote:Can we just delete this thread, go spill bs in the 546 other threads about alt d

Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. The OP asked a question and got his answer. Abusing exploits is classified as cheating in any competitive online game. Any further discussion has already been done a thousand times. You would think that more than 10 years after the release date people would at least respect the consensus.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

umeu wrote:
BrookG wrote:it needing little skill, means it's easily exploitable

Which skill? Pressing 2 buttons? You can just say, no skill. Not that its necessarily an argument.

It does take skill, because if you do it too soon after your Texplorer dies he can just get shot again and the opponent gets good xp.
Timing is everything with alt+d, you have to wait until the battle moves away.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Fairly this discussion has happened before, but not on its own rather in-between discussing cheating, bugs, and others here, here and here.
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

BrookG wrote:Fairly this discussion has happened before, but not on its own rather in-between discussing cheating, bugs, and others here, here and here.

You missed this one
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php ... g+cheating
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

byrdcall wrote: 90% of you on here bitch and moan the whole time and don't give any relevant input on the current topic.

thats why stopped posting questions about strategy/the game after some tries.
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

agrondergermane wrote:
byrdcall wrote: 90% of you on here bitch and moan the whole time and don't give any relevant input on the current topic.

90% of the answers are usually shit but all you need is 2-3 good answers.
If you post questions about strategy, people like me, kaiserklein, sometimes Umeu and garja (although he's wrong most of the time), usually answer unless the question is dumb.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Dont touch garja u pleb
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
agrondergermane wrote:

If you post questions about strategy, people like me, kaiserklein, sometimes Umeu and garja (although he's wrong most of the time), usually answer unless the question is dumb.

I think what he means is that the answer is fine, but that the next four pages will be a heated discussion. Which is fine, but it's not what the one asking the question was trying to get.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I think what he means is that the answer is fine, but that the next four pages will be a heated discussion. Which is fine, but it's not what the one asking the question was trying to get.

Yea, I got it but as you said it's just fine. The guy got his answer so the rest of the discussion doesn't matter, especially in the case of "alt D" which is a meme discussion.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

Alt + D is great when you're treasure hunting and the tiger kills you lol
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Can we just delete this thread, go spill bs in the 546 other threads about alt d

Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. The OP asked a question and got his answer. Abusing exploits is classified as cheating in any competitive online game. Any further discussion has already been done a thousand times. You would think that more than 10 years after the release date people would at least respect the consensus.

Factually incorrect bram!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

momuuu wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:

Factually incorrect bram!

Well if people disagree it means that it is not exactly a consensus lol. Anyway, we respect it. As far as I know Jerom and I don't use alt d in our games.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

sebnan12 wrote:hows putin doin‘?

He's been Putting it in
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. The OP asked a question and got his answer. Abusing exploits is classified as cheating in any competitive online game. Any further discussion has already been done a thousand times. You would think that more than 10 years after the release date people would at least respect the consensus.

By this logic, treasure creeping (standing just outside the treasure radius and shooting so the guardians either stand still or run in the opposite direction) and the pull trick (using unit formation mechanics to make units sprint) are both cheating.

Also, "this is true because a lot of people think it is" is not an argument.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Except both of those are well-defined game mechanics, which you are comparing against engine bugs.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Papist wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. The OP asked a question and got his answer. Abusing exploits is classified as cheating in any competitive online game. Any further discussion has already been done a thousand times. You would think that more than 10 years after the release date people would at least respect the consensus.

By this logic, treasure creeping (standing just outside the treasure radius and shooting so the guardians either stand still or run in the opposite direction) and the pull trick (using unit formation mechanics to make units sprint) are both cheating.

lol no
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I feel like it's the 50th time we discuss that lol, that's just a waste of time. The pull trick is probably not a bug but treasure creeping is one for sure.
You can ban alt d if you want, but then that's because it's a bad mechanic, not because we should ban every bug lol.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Actually creeping is definitely not a bug. But side stepping most likely is
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

What defines a bug then? A bug is the result of the game code, just like something that is not a bug. In that sense, any bug or any behaviour is actually "well defined". There is apperantly some magical distinction between alt-d and treasure creeping that I dont see.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

kami_ryu wrote:
Papist wrote:

lol no

Why not?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I don't think reviving explorer by changing it's stance was intented. What would be the purpose of it? Pull trick and treasure guard creeping have a purpose, they make the game a lot more functional, if they didn't exist the game would be a lot crappier.