What if native posts auto-trained their units?

United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

What if native posts auto-trained their units?

Post by musketeer925 »

Just a random thought I had. As we all know, native units aren't used very much in competitive games. What if upon building a native TP, it autotrained the unit available there, similar to the Ottoman settler mechanic, up to the build limit? Could even allow it to still be trainable the usual way, but it is supplemented by the free, one-by-one training.

Would this be a big enough value proposition that native posts become viable?

Maybe this could be a smackdown @Interjection
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: What if native posts auto-trained their units?

Post by Mitoe »

I think that would be too good. There would never be an excuse to not build one, which would actually be removing options from the game, not adding to them.

Natives aren't really that bad. The reason you don't see them very much is because they're mostly useful in late-game situations where you are 200/200 and need more army or tech. People really should use them more often in these situations, but I guess these situations are pretty rare and people don't really know how to play them.

Might be cool if you got a native scout or something when you built a native TP, Idk. Something that doesn't directly impact combat but still gives you a slightly intangible advantage and makes building the TP a bit less costly.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

the biggest problem with native tps is that the positioning of them on the map isnt ideal
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mitoe wrote:I think that would be too good. There would never be an excuse to not build one, which would actually be removing options from the game, not adding to them.

Natives aren't really that bad. The reason you don't see them very much is because they're mostly useful in late-game situations where you are 200/200 and need more army or tech. People really should use them more often in these situations, but I guess these situations are pretty rare and people don't really know how to play them.

Might be cool if you got a native scout or something when you built a native TP, Idk. Something that doesn't directly impact combat but still gives you a slightly intangible advantage and makes building the TP a bit less costly.

Getting a native scout would be really cool. I think more scouting in general would make the game more cool, since it would allow you to do more counterstrats, which are now superseeded by safe strats.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Mitoe wrote:There would never be an excuse to not build one, which would actually be removing options from the game, not adding to them.

That's a good point. I like the native scout idea.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

It would be nice to implement qol changes. So much potential in this game. It could easily compete with SC2 with anti cheat and game impovements. I just cant understand why its happening sooo sloooow :(
For natives it would be fine solution to make them autotrain. It wouldnt be OP if we could set the trading time penalty. Since then you could set a fine spot for balance.
Other hand i wrote cost effectivity calculator some years ago. I had idea to set all natives for the same cost effectivity. Since now some are good some are terrible. Thats not really fair.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Alternatively, what about allowing explorers to train them (but with a slow train time and a somewhat smaller build limit)? This functionality already exists with the Caribs IIRC so it should be pretty feasible? But it might make for some rather specific, fun, and potentially powerful use cases.
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

Is it possible for EP to remove the native TP icon from the score?
That wouldn't change the gameplay, but it would require actual scouting to detect and prepare for a fast native rush rather than seeing it coming from a mile away.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Thrar wrote:Is it possible for EP to remove the native TP icon from the score?
That wouldn't change the gameplay, but it would require actual scouting to detect and prepare for a fast native rush rather than seeing it coming from a mile away.

This will add diversity to the game, i like this idea
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

I like the idea as well.
It would also be a slight boost to any civ which can do a fast native rush (french/otto/??) as well as to civs who have access to more than one starting scout unit (french/dutch/japan/india)
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Yeah it would favor civs which have 2 explorers or a scout, but tbh the fact that you can see your opponent going for a tp without scouting it is stupid.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Natives are fine. Am fairly certain I’ve won almost every, if not every tourney game where I used them

As the other elifent said, the only problem is the TP positioning
oranges.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I agree, nat post positioning is off.

All nats should be behind base like Cree in Hudson Bay, and all train cdb too.
Great Britain DArtagnan
Crossbow
ESO: FaithfulStar_99

Post by DArtagnan »

I don't pretend to be a top player and know about these matters, because well I'm not and I don't. But perhaps Native TPs could act similar to the consulate alliances for the Asian civs, and have certain bonuses on completion of the building of the TP.

Line of sight increase, or hitpoints increase, cav speed, increased gather rates etc.

What do people think? Too OP? Or just a bit broken?

Hopefully somewhere in between. :)