skill how to improve macro

Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

skill how to improve macro

Post by Mosx »

good evening guys id like to know how to improve resourcecollected per /time
for outghatering Others ,I often happen to have the highest economic score and have won the game, but the resources collected are lower than that of my opponent, why?I also believe that my boom is not bad ,
but still this nail remains,some help?
:?: :?: :?: :?:
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: skill how to improve macro

Post by duckzilla »

This depends strongly on the civ you play. E.g.: as Ottomans you will never reach the ressources/time that Germans with 140 vills have.

Apart from that: 1) always have villagers queued in all TCs, 2) don't switch to mills/plantations too early, 3) build 3 TCs as soon as you can, 4) save shipments for factories when you plan to go age IV, 5) do market upgrades as early as feasible, 6) don't lose villagers to raiding and 7) send royal mint/refrigeration in age III.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Maybe because you make less units? You can have more eco if you don't train units...
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

Train units affects resources /per time?? i dont speak about my eco ,because my eco is good many time but i speak specifically about ressources per/time and how improve this

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mosx wrote:Train units affects resources /per time?? i dont speak about my eco ,because my eco is good many time but i speak specifically about ressources per/time and how improve this

Well you mentionned "all resources gathered", this isn't exactly your eco. I guess you mean vill count when you say eco, which is why I'm answering that you can have a very high vill count and still be outgathered by someone who has less eco because he made units.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

It depends a lot on your civ. Some civs get a lot of free resources that don’t show up as resources gathered.

China, for example, in a 15 minute game gets an additional 2000 resources worth of units from the Summer Palace that won’t show up.

Germany also gets a lot of free resources from their shipments that don’t show up (this is why German is a good civ, because they actually do have a really solid eco on top of this).

Sioux has no houses so you automatically have to add some free resources to their eco, Otto gets free vills, and so on.

This is why sometimes your eco will be reflected in your score but not in your resource line.

Anyway if you want to improve your macro in a way that’s going to generate more resources, one of the biggest mistakes I see people make is to send all of their vills to the same hunt or mine until it runs out and then repeat. This is bad because when you have 15-20 vills on a single mine or hunt it depletes very quickly and forces you to walk all 20 vills again very quickly. Instead, it is better to split your vills so that you have 5-10 on 2 different hunts or mines. Overall this will reduce walking time and give you more time to focus on other things going on in the game at the same time. You should always do this when possible except when it leaves your vills in danger.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

Thanks to this image you can see how I have the best economy score and the total score is the highest in the game, but gold and wood and food of these have gathered less resources, so I would have an even higher score if I had collected. Faster
Dunno
Attachments
Screenshot_20190312-200610.png

Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

Ps. In this. Game. I'm. Coloneldude

Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Dude, everyone here is telling you that it depends on the civ you play. Now the only information that you left out with your graphs is: which civs do people play?

Further, we can observe the following:
  • You lost 34 buildings
  • Your economy score is high
  • Your gathered ressources are mediocre

This allows some interpretation:
A) You lost your whole base, but not your villagers. Your vills had to flee, were idle a lot and you did not gather ressources.
B) You lost your whole base + your vills, but you play a civ which can easily get to 100vills fast (aztec with 3 TCs). Hence, you were able to recover very fast and get a high economy score at the end of the game, but your gathered ressources are still not on top, since you had a period without any villagers at all.
C) Maybe you just try to remember what the f*ck actually happened in the game?

Also, how do you have a military population which never (!) drops, when you actually lost 132 units?

Things like warrior priests/shrines/dojos/wonders could be part of "economy score", enhancing your score in a way that your opponents cannot go.

edit: the idea to show some graphs is very nice, maybe you can further include graphs showing your economy population (villagers?), since your question is on the economy and not on the military.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

MacMalte actually lost more units than he made (:
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

:hmm:
Attachments
Screenshot_20190313-090241.png
Screenshot_20190313-090336.png

Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

duckzilla wrote:Dude, everyone here is telling you that it depends on the civ you play. Now the only information that you left out with your graphs is: which civs do people play?

Further, we can observe the following:
  • You lost 34 buildings
  • Your economy score is high
  • Your gathered ressources are mediocre

This allows some interpretation:
A) You lost your whole base, but not your villagers. Your vills had to flee, were idle a lot and you did not gather ressources.
B) You lost your whole base + your vills, but you play a civ which can easily get to 100vills fast (aztec with 3 TCs). Hence, you were able to recover very fast and get a high economy score at the end of the game, but your gathered ressources are still not on top, since you had a period without any villagers at all.
C) Maybe you just try to remember what the f*ck actually happened in the game?

Also, how do you have a military population which never (!) drops, when you actually lost 132 units?

Things like warrior priests/shrines/dojos/wonders could be part of "economy score", enhancing your score in a way that your opponents cannot go.

edit: the idea to show some graphs is very nice, maybe you can further include graphs showing your economy population (villagers?), since your question is on the economy and not on the military.

The buildings lost could have been walls.

Also you can't trust the graphs on agecommunity anymore, they're all hardcore bugged.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

i undestand thank u for your answer,I thought it was not only from the vills but also from other things so I think this is an example of an imbalance that there in the game,And I'm sure I won't tell you anything new ! :chinese: :chinese:
@duckzilla many building lost was wall @Mitoe
@Diarouga

Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Ah okay, the wall thing and the new graphs are nice to know additionally.

I think it is nicely visible that KGN entirely outboomed you in the mid-game in terms of villagers population (+ shrines of course). That is something that should not happen to you as Russia. To enhance your play, you definitely need to produce villagers constantly (better to queue another batch of 3 vills than to have an idle TC!). You basically did not build any villagers between minute 15 and minute 20.

It explains why KGN has vastly more ressources gathered than you (~70k vs 45k). Further, we can see that in the very late part of the game, you catch up and overtake him in villager population. This is why your economy score increased as well. Since KGN plays Japan and can only build up to 75 villagers compared to your max of 99, it is also clear that you can reach a higher economy score simply due to having more villagers than him.

I think the general tips that I mentioned in the first post are still relevant to improve your macro:
1) always have villagers queued in all TCs, 2) don't switch to mills/plantations too early, 3) build 3 TCs as soon as you can, 4) save shipments for factories when you plan to go age IV, 5) do market upgrades as early as feasible, 6) don't lose villagers to raiding and 7) send royal mint/refrigeration in age III.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Mosx wrote:good evening guys id like to know how to improve resourcecollected per /time
for outghatering Others ,I often happen to have the highest economic score and have won the game, but the resources collected are lower than that of my opponent, why?I also believe that my boom is not bad ,
but still this nail remains,some help?
:?: :?: :?: :?:

@uhlan @roiarthurbis
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

there is something wrong, kgb playing japan aged in 3:50 with 19 vills
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

Youssef wrote:there is something wrong, kgb playing japan aged in 3:50 with 19 vills

Deccan but yhea its unusually

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

It's actually impossible. A villager takes 25sec to train, so he would have 6+2 (shipment)+8 =16 vills at 3:50. Unless he had an Aztec team mate who sent the team 3 vill shipment it's not possible.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

He has an Aztec mate, I used to play with kgn when I was 2nd lt, I highly doubt he would cheat.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

You can't trust that stat anyway. Look at any game: the "civilian" stats are never correct. Whenever I play France or Dutch it says 19.
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

He isnt a cheater cause france aged with 18 vills too, so its 3 vill team card. I thought the vills only count from the moment the shipment arrives
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

i think this postgame add 3 vill to every player cause i Always age up with 14 vill not 17 and i queue 3 vill during age up

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

Mitoe wrote:It depends a lot on your civ. Some civs get a lot of free resources that don’t show up as resources gathered.

China, for example, in a 15 minute game gets an additional 2000 resources worth of units from the Summer Palace that won’t show up.

Germany also gets a lot of free resources from their shipments that don’t show up (this is why German is a good civ, because they actually do have a really solid eco on top of this).

Sioux has no houses so you automatically have to add some free resources to their eco, Otto gets free vills, and so on.

This is why sometimes your eco will be reflected in your score but not in your resource line.

Anyway if you want to improve your macro in a way that’s going to generate more resources, one of the biggest mistakes I see people make is to send all of their vills to the same hunt or mine until it runs out and then repeat. This is bad because when you have 15-20 vills on a single mine or hunt it depletes very quickly and forces you to walk all 20 vills again very quickly. Instead, it is better to split your vills so that you have 5-10 on 2 different hunts or mines. Overall this will reduce walking time and give you more time to focus on other things going on in the game at the same time. You should always do this when possible except when it leaves your vills in danger.

Yeah so it should be fine against a sioux player to gather from only one hunts and mine which is nearby your army. Or even german players?