Back herding.

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Back herding.

Post by Shikari »

Is there any sequence to back herding i just had a game on gp where bison when finally got close to tc it back herded not one but thrice. Really tilted me man.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: Back herding.

Post by duckzilla »

Herds cannot be herded away too far from their original spawn site. If they are sufficiently far away from that spawn site, any "herding" will automatically drive them back in its direction.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Yep, the fix to back herding is to play on good maps (unlike RE Great Plains which can totally hunt screw you) so you don't have to try to herd halfway across the map.
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

Is the maximum herdable distance (before they backherd) hardcoded globally or does it depend on the map?

Would it be possible to make maps with different herdable distances, or would EP be able to modify this distance?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

As far as I’m aware it’s hard-coded globally.

It’s a non-issue on ESOC maps anyway though.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Backherding is a feature, it's here to prevent people from stealing your hunts and herding them across the map. Without backherding, games could turn into a dumb herding war where you try to just bring all hunts of the map close to your base. It's a healthy mechanic.
Then obviously, on map with shit hunts it's annoying, but the problem is the shit hunts, not the backherding.
It happens when you try to bring a hunt at approx the width of 1 screen away from its starting point
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, it is global and I believe hardcoded - don't know of a way to change it, except for using "unherdable" hunts as featured on some maps.
On a somewhat related note, what should be possible is to remove/reduce random wandering, either for all hunts or even on a per-animal-type basis.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Can we make the bison tech from lakota/cheyenne and sioux herdable. Or otherwise just static like Vanilla. Its really annoying when the hunt is not herdable but still wanders away from spawn point. Usually toward the enemy for some reason
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Good idea, I could make it a special type of Bison that does not randomly wander away into the enemy forward base :hmm:
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Good idea, I could make it a special type of Bison that does not randomly wander away into the enemy forward base :hmm:

While we're asking, what about a bison with area attack?