French Cuirs Advice needed

No Flag hguderian
Crossbow

Post by hguderian »

Hi All

Cuirs age 3 in team games yes or no with reasons please. Just learning french so advice needed. Always in team games when i am french i auto get told to be cav ??

And i am rubbish with them. But want to learn advice pls
No Flag hadeskerbecs
Crossbow

Post by hadeskerbecs »

It depends on the units u fighting against but generally cuirs are the best hand cavalry in game so i should use them. they even good vs there counter.

France cav in general is strong cause of the upgrades they can send in age 2.
No Flag CruOzer
Musketeer

Post by CruOzer »

ye and their muscs are not as strong as e.g. sepoys, ashis or upgraded british muscs... and like hadeskerbecs mentioned, france has good cav-upgrades and cuirs are just insane. Cav is also good for raiding ') Split your cav in groups and you should do fine.
Germany oO_Chief_Oo
Musketeer
ESO: S77XN

Post by oO_Chief_Oo »

At some stages as France a greater mass of veteran Huss and goons will work better.
Especially if u keep the high costs of cuirs in mind Whiich can make ur Eco suffer in age 3
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Cuirs take a long time to train and are expensive. They're not a good unit early age 3 for those reasons. I never train cuirs until Riding School has been sent and I have a ~50 vill eco
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

bramboy wrote:Cuirs take a long time to train and are expensive. They''re not a good unit early age 3 for those reasons. I never train cuirs until Riding School has been sent and I have a ~50 vill eco
Wut??? In this game there are no expensive units, there are good and bad units. Cuirs are the best cav in the game and you should make them.
Germany oO_Chief_Oo
Musketeer
ESO: S77XN

Post by oO_Chief_Oo »

yurashic wrote:
bramboy wrote:Cuirs take a long time to train and are expensive. Theyre not a good unit early age 3 for those reasons. I never train cuirs until Riding School has been sent and I have a ~50 vill eco
Wut??? In this game there are no expensive units, there are good and bad units. Cuirs are the best cav in the game and you should make them.

At some Stage a Proper Mass has bigger value than the individual unit Strength in a less numerous amount.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

hguderian wrote:Hi All

Cuirs age 3 in team games yes or no with reasons please. Just learning french so advice needed. Always in team games when i am french i auto get told to be cav ??

And i am rubbish with them. But want to learn advice pls

Train cuirs and skirms, it''s totally worth it. Making only one unit type is bad (even if your mates asked it). Cuirs raids are very nice too thanks to the area of effect.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

yurashic wrote:
bramboy wrote:Cuirs take a long time to train and are expensive. Theyre not a good unit early age 3 for those reasons. I never train cuirs until Riding School has been sent and I have a ~50 vill eco

Hes kinda right tho, but it only applies in 1v1 really. Because in team you usually make either goon or cuir and not both, it doesnt really matter about cuirs taxing your eco alot
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

umeu wrote:
yurashic wrote:Wut??? In this game there are no expensive units, there are good and bad units. Cuirs are the best cav in the game and you should make them.

Hes kinda right tho, but it only applies in 1v1 really. Because in team you usually make either goon or cuir and not both, it doesnt really matter about cuirs taxing your eco alot

The training time is the biggest problem imo' you cant get a good mass out and your eco doesnt support cuirs from 2 stables early age 3
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

In 3v3 you can 2 stable cuir np, even if you get only 7-8 out. But in 1v1 you cant cuz u also need skirs and gooms. In 2v2 it kinda depends on mu
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

chief wrote:
yurashic wrote:Wut??? In this game there are no expensive units, there are good and bad units. Cuirs are the best cav in the game and you should make them.

At some Stage a Proper Mass has bigger value than the individual unit Strength in a less numerous amount.
I dont think so, I think its the pther way around. The bigger the mass you have, the more pathing issues, so the less effective it is. Cuirs are also more effective in mass than hussars because of area damage
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

ovi12 wrote:
chief wrote:At some Stage a Proper Mass has bigger value than the individual unit Strength in a less numerous amount.
I dont think so, I think its the pther way around. The bigger the mass you have, the more pathing issues, so the less effective it is. Cuirs are also more effective in mass than hussars because of area damage

With melee units I would agree. With ranged units it is probably the opposite though. i.e. massed strellets probably beat equal value skrims (without kiting) because of overkill
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

What is the difference? You get 5 noob hussars or 3,33 good cuirs? It is same amount of resources invested into military, but cuirs are better for their cost. Ok, you wont get 10 hussar batch from 2 stable, you will get 6 cuir, but they are just better.

What is the point of aging if you are not going to make new units?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

yurashic wrote:What is the difference? You get 5 noob hussars or 3,33 good cuirs? It is same amount of resources invested into military, but cuirs are better for their cost. Ok, you wont get 10 hussar batch from 2 stable, you will get 6 cuir, but they are just better.

Actually that''s true in most cases, but i''m not 100% sure if 3.3333 cuirs would beat 5 vet huss, just because cuirs have low base damage but it adds up because of splash, so they might just leave many of the 5 huss alive at very low hp.

But yeah I would make cuirs anyway, they don''t need upgrade and after you have like more than 5 they are definitely better than vet huss.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

yurashic wrote:What is the difference? You get 5 noob hussars or 3,33 good cuirs? It is same amount of resources invested into military, but cuirs are better for their cost. Ok, you wont get 10 hussar batch from 2 stable, you will get 6 cuir, but they are just better.

Upgrading "old" units and shipping superior shipments. Besides, foregoing one "new" unit doesn''t requisite foregoing all.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I dont think a high training time is that bad. It only costs 200w to make an extra stable..