Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01
Posts: 129

06 Apr 2019, 11:52

Mr_Bramboy wrote:1. afdafa
2. afdafa
3. afdafa
4. afdafa
5. afdafa
6. afdafa
7. afdafa
8. afdafa
9. afdafa
10. afdafa

Throwback to the best casted match in ESOC history https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=687. During this match, ESOCTV had the highest amount of viewers for a while until that record was broken in the quarter-finals.

ye, was a close one!
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 9999

06 Apr 2019, 11:54

flontier wrote:1.ibero83
2.Piroshiki
3.Greascythe11
4.JugglerShu
5.Duck_daniels
6.Ankake
7.Tsuyoshi62
8.456
9.Sarcoidose(umeu)
10.Yamakouk


Rofl ppl should really stop believing everyone and their grandma who pretends to be me smurfing. Im not sarcoidose...
User avatar
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Dragoon
Donator 01
Posts: 460
ESO: [YumiW]-GiBthedurrty

06 Apr 2019, 12:25

1.H2o
2.irishfaithful
3.mitoe
4.parfait
5.soldier
6.conquerer999
7.ktraln
8.gibson
9.kaister
10.theonlybaus
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6179

06 Apr 2019, 12:27

Surprised the US had 10 players above cpt
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 9999

06 Apr 2019, 12:42

GiBthedurrty wrote:1.H2o
2.irishfaithful
3.mitoe
4.parfait
5.soldier
6.conquerer999
7.ktraln
8.gibson
9.kaister
10.theonlybaus


Wafuq where ish gua???
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2601

06 Apr 2019, 12:43

In the RO64 of lower bracket.
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4198
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

06 Apr 2019, 12:45

Hazza54321 wrote:Surprised the US had 10 players above cpt

To be fair at least one of them is Canadian. Though, Idk if Canada has more than 5 players above captain XD
User avatar
Turkey Gafur
Skirmisher
Posts: 137
ESO: Gafur

06 Apr 2019, 14:59

1. @GiBthedurrty period.
mentally healthy
India TNT333
Skirmisher
Posts: 126
ESO: TNT333

06 Apr 2019, 18:05

Sargsyan wrote:
Googol wrote:1.Tedere1
2.Tedere2
3.Tedere3
4.Tedere4
5.Tedere5
6.Tedere6
7.Tedere7
8.Top8playerconfirmed
9.Tedere9
10.Tedere10

Where are tedere12,tedere11,tedere13 ?

Busy laming sioux
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 8061
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest best west

07 Apr 2019, 03:37

GiBthedurrty wrote:1.H2o
2.irishfaithful
3.mitoe
4.parfait
5.soldier
6.conquerer999
7.ktraln
8.gibson
9.kaister
10.theonlybaus

En aye!
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 7897

07 Apr 2019, 10:44

I don't think any currently active players would make the cut considering how much more competitive the game used to be. Maybe raffle, if we can count him as active. But consider how much better than everyone H2O was around 2015-2017 even though he was barely active. He still beat everyone regardless, except BSOP, who I'd put in the top 5. Kid had a lot of talent, and quit before fully realizing it I think.
Challe underrated. Peak Challe was giving Sam a run for his money, won at least one tournament in the ASFP days.
Parfait overretd.
Not putting grunt at #1, H2O at #2 (with some distance tbh) is just silly.
A lot of people understandably forget players like NaturePhoenix, StarSky, Flooky etc.
Nobumanteikoku might be in there somewhere, it's hard to tell because he may have been the best player for a while but there were either no tournaments then or he didn't participate in them.
Aelena was very good, but a nilla scrub.
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Howdah
EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 1024
Location: ded

07 Apr 2019, 10:55

Goodspeed wrote:Nobumanteikoku might be in there somewhere, it's hard to tell because he may have been the best player for a while but there were either no tournaments then or he didn't participate in them.
Aelena was very good, but a nilla scrub.

Had the pleasure of meeting nobuman in person, was fun. Actually was day before I fought Somppu's india with russia on the floor of a Japanese business hotel.
Plz no discriminate against nilla scrubs though
we ain’t scared of no rapha smurfs
User avatar
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
Posts: 1135
ESO: bwinner

07 Apr 2019, 11:00

I have always found flooky trash when I saw games of him, why is he considered as any good ?
Image
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 7897

07 Apr 2019, 11:09

Aizamk wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Aelena was very good, but a nilla scrub.
Plz no discriminate against nilla scrubs though
It's hard to tell how well he would've done on TAD, is the thing. Sadly, he never did switch.
bwinner1 wrote:I have always found flooky trash when I saw games of him, why is he considered as any good ?
Peak Flooky was in the nilla days. What you saw of him was but a shadow. But yeah he might not be top 10.
User avatar
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
Posts: 3036
ESO: Snuden
Location: x666 HQ

07 Apr 2019, 11:17

Goodspeed wrote:I don't think any currently active players would make the cut considering how much more competitive the game used to be. Maybe raffle, if we can count him as active. But consider how much better than everyone H2O was around 2015-2017 even though he was barely active. He still beat everyone regardless, except BSOP, who I'd put in the top 5. Kid had a lot of talent, and quit before fully realizing it I think.
Challe underrated. Peak Challe was giving Sam a run for his money, won at least one tournament in the ASFP days.
Parfait overretd.
Not putting grunt at #1, H2O at #2 (with some distance tbh) is just silly.
A lot of people understandably forget players like NaturePhoenix, StarSky, Flooky etc.
Nobumanteikoku might be in there somewhere, it's hard to tell because he may have been the best player for a while but there were either no tournaments then or he didn't participate in them.
Aelena was very good, but a nilla scrub.

Would LordRaphael not be on the list? (assuming he is active)
I have never seen any of the other players you mention.
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 9730
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

07 Apr 2019, 12:18

Goodspeed wrote:
Aizamk wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Aelena was very good, but a nilla scrub.
Plz no discriminate against nilla scrubs though
It's hard to tell how well he would've done on TAD, is the thing. Sadly, he never did switch.
bwinner1 wrote:I have always found flooky trash when I saw games of him, why is he considered as any good ?
Peak Flooky was in the nilla days. What you saw of him was but a shadow. But yeah he might not be top 10.

Mankle used to say that I was Flooky's level to flame me.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4198
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

07 Apr 2019, 12:21

Goodspeed wrote:I don't think any currently active players would make the cut considering how much more competitive the game used to be.

My pride wants to say that surely there would be some players now who would do quite well in the past, but then remember at how laughable most current players’ mechanics are and have to agree with you. :(

Though, to be honest I don’t recall being all that impressed by older players’ mechanics in VODs either, but there’s so much less content from back then that it’s hard to find any truly good games to begin with
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 7897

07 Apr 2019, 12:23

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It's hard to tell how well he would've done on TAD, is the thing. Sadly, he never did switch.
bwinner1 wrote:I have always found flooky trash when I saw games of him, why is he considered as any good ?
Peak Flooky was in the nilla days. What you saw of him was but a shadow. But yeah he might not be top 10.

Mankle used to say that I was Flooky's level to flame me.
Mankle and Flooky weren't exactly buddies
User avatar
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 03
Posts: 1780
ESO: SoldieR
Location: Chi City

07 Apr 2019, 12:33

To be top 10 ever, you have to had a win percent of about 90 for quite a while. Sam had that during FP days.

Flooky I've always thought of as really good, and one of the few PR 50 players, one of the only players I never took a game off, I think.

It's hard to speak about mechanics of the old players. Were talking about times before twitch, hell, I remember how rare iamgrunt recorded games were that once someone somehow uploaded a grunt rec to agesanc, and it got 10k downloads pretty fast. I only played grunt once and it was of saguenay and I only had my starting hunt lol.
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2601

07 Apr 2019, 12:34

Hate me haters but I'd say that best players of 2019 would shit on "legendary old school players".

Meta has evolved a lot and game has been taken to extreme measures where no single units are "suicided", constant pull tricks are abused, explo snare countered immediately etc.

memories grow sweeter with time and relative dominance create illusions...
I mean, do we have any examples of old school stars dominating in last years?
Counter-example is Garja. This guy was really good in 2014 - or the level of the gameplay was low, that even though he plays somewhat constantly, he seems to win nobody good nowadays. Has Garja gotten really SO MUCH worse or has the level of gameplay increased in general? Probably both.
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
User avatar
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor
EPL Reigning Champs
Posts: 7897

07 Apr 2019, 12:36

Mitoe wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I don't think any currently active players would make the cut considering how much more competitive the game used to be.

My pride wants to say that surely there would be some players now who would do quite well in the past, but then remember at how laughable most current players’ mechanics are and have to agree with you. :(

Though, to be honest I don’t recall being all that impressed by older players’ mechanics in VODs either, but there’s so much less content from back then that it’s hard to find any truly good games to begin with
I think rather than comparing gameplay from then to now we should try to find links between the players' relative skill levels. H2O is about the only link we have, and he continued to do extremely well in the past years even though he wasn't active, while he had to train very hard and even hide his build order to win that WCG. In other words peak H2O was much stronger than he was in 2015, but even 2015 H2O beat everyone.
It's also just a numbers game. The competitive community is tiny compared to how it was, meaning we can safely assume that the players who did very well in those days were "exceptional". Exceptional players now would be beating everyone somewhat convincingly. I think BSOP is the only newer player that qualifies, meaning he would have been a top 5 player even in those days. The difference is that then, he would have had rivals. Now, he doesn't.
Germany lordraphael
Jaeger
EWTNWC LAN SilverDonator 01
Posts: 2335

07 Apr 2019, 12:40

Pretty useless to make a list. Except for Grunt and H2o at #1 and #2. Grunt for his Incredible dominance when he was active is easily the best of all time and H2o for being at the Peak for almst a decade and for beating grunt in a final is second. After that it becomes blurry because Players played during different times which really makes it Kind of hard to Judge. Instead id rather do a pool of like 20 Players who can be considered as the greatest in the game, but without a specific ranking. Maybe you could also put in samwise at #3 , now that i think of it.
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4198
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

07 Apr 2019, 12:40

somppukunkku wrote:Hate me haters but I'd say that best players of 2019 would shit on "legendary old school players".

Meta has evolved a lot and game has been taken to extreme measures where no single units are "suicided", constant pull tricks are abused, explo snare countered immediately etc.

memories grow sweeter with time and relative dominance create illusions...
I mean, do we have any examples of old school stars dominating in last years?
Counter-example is Garja. This guy was really good in 2014 - or the level of the gameplay was low, that even though he plays somewhat constantly, he seems to win nobody good nowadays.

If in some magical land both the old and current players were to be active in the same meta it's hard to say who would win. Sure, if you were to take a time machine and throw a top player today into 2009 he might be able to win almost every game off the back of the extra 10 years of game knowledge--as long as the patch is similar, at least, but obviously that's not realistic at all.

Also some players just don't adapt to meta shifts very fast or very well. That's why a lot of older players struggle nowadays I feel.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4198
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

07 Apr 2019, 12:44

Goodspeed wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I don't think any currently active players would make the cut considering how much more competitive the game used to be.

My pride wants to say that surely there would be some players now who would do quite well in the past, but then remember at how laughable most current players’ mechanics are and have to agree with you. :(

Though, to be honest I don’t recall being all that impressed by older players’ mechanics in VODs either, but there’s so much less content from back then that it’s hard to find any truly good games to begin with
I think rather than comparing gameplay from then to now we should try to find links between the players' relative skill levels. H2O is about the only link we have, and he continued to do extremely well in the past years even though he wasn't active, while he had to train very hard and even hide his build order to win that WCG. In other words peak H2O was much stronger than he was in 2015, but even 2015 H2O beat everyone.
It's also just a numbers game. The competitive community is tiny compared to how it was, meaning we can safely assume that the players who did very well in those days were "exceptional". Exceptional players now would be beating everyone somewhat convincingly. I think BSOP is the only newer player that qualifies, meaning he would have been a top 5 player even in those days. The difference is that then, he would have had rivals. Now, he doesn't.

Yeah, that's true. I remember playing with Ryan he always said that he never felt as good as he did in 2008.

I also remember that he pretty much redefined the metagame by himself when he started playing again in 2015 so much so that a lot of the meta builds at the time like dual rax xbow/pike became obsolete.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7536
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

07 Apr 2019, 13:29

In the current meta im pretty sure we'd give the D quite easily to old pros. But that's just because of the ton of extra knowledge and builds we gathered over time. For that reason it's very hard to compare different periods, like I know myself or Mitoe were getting rather close to h2o's level at the end, but who knows the gap between 2017 h2o and peak h2o.
In terms of mechanics, I agree with Mitoe. Even a couple years ago, I remember I was much more exigent towards my own mechanics, while currently it feels like it's not the case anymore. Anyone gets to colonel with garbage mechanics tbh. Feels like I'm just getting worse mechanically and winning games by masturbating on some strats and timings, and I'l pretty sure Mitoe can relate to that.
sirmusket: https://imgur.com/phZoCw6
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests