How many Colonel+ are in the game right now?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

How many Colonel+ are in the game right now?

Post by Jaeger »

I looked at the ladders and there are 49 players ranked colonel+. However, some of those are smurfs, and some are cheaters. Can anyone esimate the real number of colonel+ in the game right now?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: How many Colonel+ are in the game right now?

Post by tedere12 »

nowadays I see many people with colonel rank who, no offence, do not deserve the rank. The requirements to be colonel have dropped a lot.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

tedere12 wrote:nowadays I see many people with colonel rank who, no offence, do not deserve the rank. The requirements to be colonel have dropped a lot.

Compared to a few years ago, or when?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

id guess about 20ish players
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:id guess about 20ish players

Wow! Is that mostly due to smurfs or to cheaters?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

what about the semi-active unrated players, col+?

i guess also it doesn't seem like something that has to be super accurate. 50+- 20 seems reasonable for whatever purposes you're aiming for, unless it isn't.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

i went through and counted and it was more like 30 actually
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

deleted_user wrote:what about the semi-active unrated players, col+?

i guess also it doesn't seem like something that has to be super accurate. 50+- 20 seems reasonable for whatever purposes you're aiming for, unless it isn't.

I became curious when Kaiser said something like "I would drop 10% of my games to a good colonel". I was like "woah, do we actually have that many colonel+ that kaiser can make such a fine distinction?" I was under the impression that we have like 8-10 colonel+
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Definitely just not true (the 8-10), even though we haven't defined "colonel" to consensus.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

colonel is very objectively defined by the game lol
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

gibson wrote:colonel is very objectively defined by the game lol

Read Tedere's response, and then read the word, "consensus," and then tell me there's a consensus.
United States of America GiBthedurrty
Lancer
Donator 01
Clan: YumiW

Post by GiBthedurrty »

colonel xD
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

many pr 35+ earned their ranks in team games though, and i assume the op was talking about 1v1.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:

Read Tedere's response, and then read the word, "consensus," and then tell me there's a consensus.
Hes wrong, there is a consensus. Tbh theres only a few players on the edge. Gib, jeri, miggo,chati. Basically everyone else is solidly colonel or above.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:

many pr 35+ earned their ranks in team games though, and i assume the op was talking about 1v1.
Actually thats not even true. Just about every colonel level player has a pretty even distribution of team/1v1.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

a player who gets 50% of his pr35 from teamgames is most likely worse at 1v1 than someone who gets 100% of his pr35 from 1v1 games. The amount of games also matter. It's just a fact that not every pr35 is of the same level, even if they're not decayed accounts or smurfs.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Okay umeä if we aren't gonna define colonel the way the game describes it give us another objective measure with which to do so.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:Okay umeä if we aren't gonna define colonel the way the game describes it give us another objective measure with which to do so.

I didn't say they aren't colonel, Gibshit, learn to read. That's their rank. Just saying that it's not that useful to determine the level of play. Besides your own personal experience of playing them and comparing based on the results and difficulty you had playing them, another way to determine their level is elo. Though it has other issues.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

gibson wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

Hes wrong, there is a consensus. Tbh theres only a few players on the edge. Gib, jeri, miggo,chati. Basically everyone else is solidly colonel or above.

You're contradicting yourself - claiming colonel is "objectively" defined, and then using the term "solidly colonel..." and then again somehow you contradict yourself: "he's wrong," and then "there is consensus."

??

They may be lt colonels more than they're colonels, and there may be be a distribution associated with their PR, but they're either colonels or they aren't objectively by the metric defined in the game, or they are somewhere inbetween, subjectively figured or objectively with lots of math, but then where does the deciding line get drawn on the bell?

I only mean to say it seems people are taking "colonel" to be an arbitrary level of skill in an arbitrary game mode on an arbitrary patch that one associates with a concrete title rather than "their PR rounds up to 35 min." Which is totally fair, because that's not a great indicator, but then it gets trickkkkkkky.

Tedere's response and your (first) response are in direct conflict; that's disagreement. And good luck finding otherwise, but one doesn't need consensus of definition to agree there are more than 8-10 colonels - that'll satisfy most everyone's definitions, creating a kind of consensus. That's what I was getting at, my dude.

Per Ovi's explanation, we might as well define colonel in this context as "player who can win 10% of games versus Kaiser" in which case we should set up lots of long series with lots of games with lots of breaks with lots of opponents with static variables and record the results.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

considering there are only about 25 legit pr35+ that's about 15%. Which is quite a lot.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

out of those 49 accounts I own like 15.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Wow u op
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Make it the opening line of your tinder bio
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Is it that the colonels have become worse? Or is it that top players do not have rank which represents their actual skill in current standings. Not until very recently 2 guys have hit lt general of top players. 2-3 years ago there were only one top player in that category.
For example Bs_op and me hit pr 41 max pr, snowww and veni pr 42, Ryan pr 40 and raphael 43, and bear in mind that these are the max ratings.Only one who went beyond that was Irish.
I always felt the rank diffirence was not enough between the current best players compared to 2nd tier players which would be colonels currently, making people think colonels have reached the top leagues.
In my opinion it's safe even if colonels have gotten "worse" it's mainly because of this comparison people make due to the minimal diffirence in powerrating between good players and top players.
We have this mainly because this game is pretty much dead. We would need someone reach pr 50s and few reach general and so on to make a good analysis which is appropriate rank to a player.

Another example ; Mitoe has reached pr 38 max rating and wickedcossack pr 37, both are top players, in my books atleast.
Osmane pr 39, save_your_skill pr 38 and miggo pr 37 max. None of them are top players in my books. Do you see where im getting at? It's not like they haven't earned their rank or that they are bad or whatever. It's mitoe and cossack being lazy noobs who don't want to get to their real level. But people do make the comparison of this nonetheless.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yes, you have to play a lot of games to reach a high rank. I think that the top players (me included of course) are just too lazy to play rated games and get a high rank. As a result, we can't reach pr 43+ because we decay at pr40 or so.