Is ZeroEmpires a top player in AOE2?

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Is ZeroEmpires a top player in AOE2?

Post by Jaeger »

I was watching ZeroEmpires cast today with Kaiserklein and I was really impressed by Zero's commentary. Even though he apparently played only a few AOE3 games, he seemed to catch on really quick and was able to make meaningful comments about the games. Is he a really good player in AOE2 or some other RTS? Is it possible to say what rank (in AOE3 language) he is in AOE2?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Re: Is ZeroEmpires a top player in AOE2?

Post by Thrar »

I don't think he's a top player, but he's one of the most experienced casters and tournament organizers in AoE2. I think a lot of his game knowledge comes from that, not from first-hand playing experience at a high level.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Is this guy Zak? Zak is great.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I found his commentary to be quite good as well. I don't know how good he is at AoE2, but to my knowledge he's not a top player. But he's been around for a very long time in the AoE2 community I think, and is a very experienced caster there--clearly a lot of that transfers over to other RTS.

He's also played AoE3 in the past, but not really a lot until recently. Top that off with the fact that he's been watching a lot of Interjection and I casting, and Interjection's coaching sessions with Robo and he's got a pretty good basis for understanding the game I think.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

He's been casting for 8+ years and has for sure been listening to a lot of commentary recently when producing the stream. Also helps that I live with him and can answer random questions whenever
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

hes around 2k on voobly afaik which makes him quite a decent player but also far from top ( good players have like 2.1- 2.3 k rating top players 2.3 ++) . But yeah commentary was really good for someone new to aoe 3.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Is lordraphael a top aoe3 player?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Hazza54321 wrote:Is lordraphael a top aoe3 player?

Yes
:nwc:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

He's around 2k7 on jp elo afaik which makes him a decent player but also far from top (moesbar hackers have 2k9-3k+).
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Post by HUMMAN »

Not a bad player but kynesie is better.
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

lordraphael wrote:hes around 2k on voobly afaik which makes him quite a decent player but also far from top ( good players have like 2.1- 2.3 k rating top players 2.3 ++) . But yeah commentary was really good for someone new to aoe 3.

Zak is around 1700 or so on voobly, which is still incredibly good. Lots of people play for years and never get over 1600.

Most of his knowledge comes from the fact he has casted thousands of games, and has been doing streaming/youtube since 2009 or something.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

robo wrote:
lordraphael wrote:hes around 2k on voobly afaik which makes him quite a decent player but also far from top ( good players have like 2.1- 2.3 k rating top players 2.3 ++) . But yeah commentary was really good for someone new to aoe 3.

Zak is around 1700 or so on voobly, which is still incredibly good. Lots of people play for years and never get over 1600.

Most of his knowledge comes from the fact he has casted thousands of games, and has been doing streaming/youtube since 2009 or something.

dafuck i could swear i read or heard somewhere that he was 2k maybe i confused him with t90.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany Makrokosmos12
Skirmisher
ESO: Templer12

Post by Makrokosmos12 »

lordraphael wrote:
robo wrote:

dafuck i could swear i read or heard somewhere that he was 2k maybe i confused him with t90.

Probably you picked it up here: https://escape.gg/casters/english/

There is mentioned that T90Official reched2k elo on voobly.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

BOT ZeroEmpires is a bot.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Some say he is DutchLucifer.