Control groups

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Control groups

Post by Garja »

1-5 units 6-9 buildings. Occasionally 8 is defense raid cathing group.
Image Image Image
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

Challenger_Marco wrote:the control groups become hard from number 5 i need to see my keyboard to access it,its harder to map a building on 5 6 7 8 9 ,any ideas to make it comfortable to fit on my left side? i have changed 5 6 7 to z x c respectively but still im not being comfortable ,not able to group units properly i use 1 for inf 2 for cav /vice versa group for falcs and other stuffs i miss need to control with my mouse which is annoying in micro battle any new ideas? i use a s d q w e r for other things soo..

map it to f1-3
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

1 Heavy Inf/Ranged Cav, 2 Light Inf *Ranged Inf, 3 Heavy Cav/Ranged Cav, 4 Artillery/Ranged Cav/Scout, 5 Rax, 6 Stable, 7 Foundry, 8 Docks, 9 forward Villagers/Ships
i only change the hotkeys from time to time slightly
[spoiler=hotkeys atm]f1 - delete
q - select all
wer - Musk/Skirm/special unit (Dopp/Samurai/Rod), produce sheep/cow
asdf - Stable, dock units
xcvb - Foundry units, weak rax units (pike, xbow, halb)
z (qwerty)- find explorer
g - wall
w - tower
e - house, teepee
t - show TC
y - tradingpost
space - attack move
standard hotkeys for buildings mostly, all important buildings easy to reach with the left hand
ctrl+b with every civ to barracks/warhut
ctrl+s with every civ to stable and so on ...[/spoiler]
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I agree with knusch I use 1 ranged inf 2 anti cav 3 cav 4 art 5 foundary/dock f1 raxes f2 stables f3 don't really use and f4 is a dumping/raiding group (as india it's my chaminar gate)
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Does anyone not use 1) ranged 2) anti cav 3) cav?

It seems so intuitive, but some rts player out there is probably wired differently.

Edit: o the guy two comments above does, weird
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

After producing for example skirms or goons, how they are already in control groups?
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

1 skirms
2 anti cav
3 cav
4 artillery
5 extra scout /raids
6 misc
7 TC (I prefer not to jump to TC when I que vils)
8 rax (I use mouse buttons to access this)
9 stable (mouse button)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

1 hand cav
2 ranged inf
3 anti cav

ez
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Qosashvili93 wrote:After producing for example skirms or goons, how they are already in control groups?

You still need to manually add them. There's two ways to do this, you can go to your production facilities when they pop and add the new units to the group, or just use shift control a to select all and recreate the group. 2nd way is easier but for example if you have a couple huss raiding and then you do this then issue a command the raiding huss will run back.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I use control+ B for rax and control+ S for stable. this way I have more free control groups
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Doesn't really matter which keys you use for control groups, as long as you stick to them and get totally used to them so that using them feels natural
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

dicktator_ wrote:
Qosashvili93 wrote:After producing for example skirms or goons, how they are already in control groups?

You still need to manually add them. There's two ways to do this, you can go to your production facilities when they pop and add the new units to the group, or just use shift control a to select all and recreate the group. 2nd way is easier but for example if you have a couple huss raiding and then you do this then issue a command the raiding huss will run back.

Thanks
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

knusch wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:the control groups become hard from number 5 i need to see my keyboard to access it,its harder to map a building on 5 6 7 8 9 ,any ideas to make it comfortable to fit on my left side? i have changed 5 6 7 to z x c respectively but still im not being comfortable ,not able to group units properly i use 1 for inf 2 for cav /vice versa group for falcs and other stuffs i miss need to control with my mouse which is annoying in micro battle any new ideas? i use a s d q w e r for other things soo..

map it to f1-3

Thanks for your suggestion but I play on laptop especially hp brand so I need to press FN+F1 to access F1 .
:nwc:
Germany amiggo1999
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: miggo1999

Post by amiggo1999 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Doesn't really matter which keys you use for control groups, as long as you stick to them and get totally used to them so that using them feels natural

Totally agree. I do think there are some absolute benefits to certain set-ups. But since this game isn't about who has the highest apm (or rather who is fastest to execute any order) anyways, I don't think it matters much/at all if you have a slightly better set-up than your opponent.
Image Image