Bad game habits.

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Bad game habits.

Post by Shikari »

Does anyone have habit of overusing select all hotkeys. I overuse them to keep my military unit in one control group. For ex when a new batch of skirm comes out i just press the control group select all units then ctrl +1 again. This makes life really ez but because of this i cant have two control group of hussars if i just want like 3 huss to raid and rest to fight i just end up having my raiding huss in same control group automatically out of habit. So my question is do pros use shift + controp group for every new batch of unit to add them?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Bad game habits.

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I use select all, unless I have a group of units raiding :P
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I try to macro my vills and get perfect batches inbetween fights.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I use select all, unless I have a group of units raiding :P

same
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

jesus3 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I use select all, unless I have a group of units raiding :P

same

Which key is that?
I have been looking into this feature and is finally ready.
[Sith] - Baphomet
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Shikari wrote:Does anyone have habit of overusing select all hotkeys. I overuse them to keep my military unit in one control group. For ex when a new batch of skirm comes out i just press the control group select all units then ctrl +1 again. This makes life really ez but because of this i cant have two control group of hussars if i just want like 3 huss to raid and rest to fight i just end up having my raiding huss in same control group automatically out of habit. So my question is do pros use shift + controp group for every new batch of unit to add them?

I also do that, but if you want to change this habit, just delete thé select all unit hotkey for a bit of time and you will be forced to group manually
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I love this hotkey because otherwise I keep losing track of new batches, but yeah, kind of sucks for raiding
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Snuden wrote:
jesus3 wrote:

same

Which key is that?
I have been looking into this feature and is finally ready.

I've set it on capslock
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

In StarCraft 2 and in nilla you don't have "select all" so I also have the habit to group manually.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I tend to play with my monitor turned off
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:In StarCraft 2 and in nilla you don't have "select all" so I also have the habit to group manually.

Damm starcraft must be hard.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

One of my bad habits is keeping too many vills on hunts (at least 1 on each dead animal) while I should actually chop wood with most if not all. I don't want to lose so much to decay!

I guess that's what this thread is about and not only about the select all units hotkey :hmm:
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

I use select all too and just regroup my raiding unit(s)
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Lukas_L99 wrote:One of my bad habits is keeping too many vills on hunts (at least 1 on each dead animal) while I should actually chop wood with most if not all. I don't want to lose so much to decay!

I guess that's what this thread is about and not only about the select all units hotkey :hmm:

Omg that is also me. Without putting them on dead hunts it feels like all you did with ur first hunt was age up.

This thread is about both.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

just so you know, dead animals lose food to decay even if you have a vill on them. As soon as it is dead, mother nature basically starts gathering on them with one vill
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

aligator92 wrote:just so you know, dead animals lose food to decay even if you have a vill on them. As soon as it is dead, mother nature basically starts gathering on them with one vill

But do I lose the same amount of food to decay if I have a vill on each animal compared to when I don't? If yes then that's a good reason to let go of that habit.
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
aligator92 wrote:just so you know, dead animals lose food to decay even if you have a vill on them. As soon as it is dead, mother nature basically starts gathering on them with one vill

But do I lose the same amount of food to decay if I have a vill on each animal compared to when I don't? If yes then that's a good reason to let go of that habit.

ofc not, that wouldnt make any sense
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

agrondergermane wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

That's what I thought.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

agrondergermane wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

Afaik, dead animals decay at 1food per second, always. So when you have 4 dead animals on the floor (lets say u just started aging to colonial) you will lose 4 food per second, whether u are gathering with vills on them or not, or whether the (e.g.) 4 vills you put on them are on the same animal or on a different one each.

The only thing you can reduce is the time the animal is lying on the floor (by gathering it with your vills), but if thats not needed in your bo right now, i dont think its worth it to preserve like 200f in the food you can gather and thereby delay your tp by a minute or so.
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Germany agrondergermane
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by agrondergermane »

Scroogie wrote:
agrondergermane wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Afaik, dead animals decay at 1food per second, always. So when you have 4 dead animals on the floor (lets say u just started aging to colonial) you will lose 4 food per second, whether u are gathering with vills on them or not, or whether the (e.g.) 4 vills you put on them are on the same animal or on a different one each.

The only thing you can reduce is the time the animal is lying on the floor (by gathering it with your vills), but if thats not needed in your bo right now, i dont think its worth it to preserve like 200f in the food you can gather and thereby delay your tp by a minute or so.

i understand what ur saying, but that wasnt lukas question^^
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Lukas_L99 wrote:One of my bad habits is keeping too many vills on hunts (at least 1 on each dead animal) while I should actually chop wood with most if not all. I don't want to lose so much to decay!

same :cry:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Shikari wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:In StarCraft 2 and in nilla you don't have "select all" so I also have the habit to group manually.

Damm starcraft must be hard.

Yea, it's about three time faster than aoe3 I'd say.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't get prescribed enough Ritalin to play sc2.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I kinda wish I enjoyed starcraft
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:I kinda wish I enjoyed starcraft

Like in all RTS, you need to become decent (diam which is the equivalent of pr25 in aoe3) to enjoy competitive play.