Bad game habits.

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Re: Bad game habits.

Post by Shikari »

From what i have heard and seen sc2 is more about macroing then micro which seems soooo boring.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Shikari wrote:Does anyone have habit of overusing select all hotkeys.

Yes. Yesterday I played GUA in a German mirror. After winning a big fight and raiding his villagers such that I was ahead in military and economy, I accidentally selected all vills thinking I was selecting skirms, and moved them, then resigned, because that's really annoying.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Shikari wrote:From what i have heard and seen sc2 is more about macroing then micro which seems soooo boring.

I think you're confusing SC2 with literally every single RTS game ever made
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Shikari wrote:From what i have heard and seen sc2 is more about macroing then micro which seems soooo boring.

That's so wrong.
Macro in sc2 is of course really hard (and even at pro level, some guys have less stuff because they don't macro as well), but sc2 is the most agressive RTS of all time, you can literally win at 5min with super agressive builds, or kill 10 vills in no time if your opponent isn't reactive (like in lukas' game vs raphael, he lost 13 vills because he was afk, in aoe2 it would have been 6, and in sc2 it would have been 40-50), and you can outmicro like crazy. Like micro can make miracles in sc2, you can literally crush a fight with half of your opponent's army with great micro.
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

That's so wrong.
Macro in sc2 is of course really hard (and even at pro level, some guys have less stuff because they don't macro as well), but sc2 is the most agressive RTS of all time, you can literally win at 5min with super agressive builds, or kill 10 vills in no time if your opponent isn't reactive (like in lukas' game vs raphael, he lost 13 vills because he was afk, in aoe2 it would have been 6, and in sc2 it would have been 40-50), and you can outmicro like crazy. Like micro can make miracles in sc2, you can literally crush a fight with half of your opponent's army with great micro.

Time to get into starcraft 2 i guess.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Attachments
BigD.jpg
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
aligator92 wrote:just so you know, dead animals lose food to decay even if you have a vill on them. As soon as it is dead, mother nature basically starts gathering on them with one vill

But do I lose the same amount of food to decay if I have a vill on each animal compared to when I don't? If yes then that's a good reason to let go of that habit.

Let's say you kill a deer (400f) and put 3 vills on it. Each vill will gather 100f (totaling 300f) and at the same time 100 additional food will decay. Then the deer is gone. If you kill it and put one vill on it, the vill will collect 200f and at the same time 200 food will decay until the deer is gone. So yes, putting a vill on an animal does not affect decay as far as I remember.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Spreading villagers out increases the amount of food lost to decay, however the decay rate is still the same.

Hence you need to find a balance between walking time lost and not killing too many animals.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

aligator92 wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
aligator92 wrote:just so you know, dead animals lose food to decay even if you have a vill on them. As soon as it is dead, mother nature basically starts gathering on them with one vill

But do I lose the same amount of food to decay if I have a vill on each animal compared to when I don't? If yes then that's a good reason to let go of that habit.

Let's say you kill a deer (400f) and put 3 vills on it. Each vill will gather 100f (totaling 300f) and at the same time 100 additional food will decay. Then the deer is gone. If you kill it and put one vill on it, the vill will collect 200f and at the same time 200 food will decay until the deer is gone. So yes, putting a vill on an animal does not affect decay as far as I remember.

It makes sense, since if you put 5 vills on a bison, they will gather all the food that's there faster, leaving less time for the decay to happen.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Once a vill is tasked on a herdable it completely disables the mother nature decay, no?
Germany aligator92
Howdah

Post by aligator92 »

yemshi wrote:Once a vill is tasked on a herdable it completely disables the mother nature decay, no?

No
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

ò.Ó
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Post by Zeke »

Maybe control 0 could help. It ungroup the selected units and they can go raid before you select all again
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Also I often get all the treasures from the map instead of scouting my opponent with my explorer :?
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Overmicroing and in general focusing on irrelevant stuff instead of focusing on basics like macro, not skipping vills, always having units in queue and complete batches

Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Over committing to take a fight that my opponent refused to take and getting bad positioning
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Germany aligator92
Howdah

Post by aligator92 »

Being overconfident when I am ahead and throwing my army away
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Prioritizing back ground music and therefore setting the ingame sound on 10%.
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Re:

Post by Frost Bite »

Lecastete wrote:Overmicroing and in general focusing on irrelevant stuff instead of focusing on basics like macro, not skipping vills, always having units in queue and complete batches

Sir musket?
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Different types of units clumped together in a big messy group.
Moving above mentioned group in one big drag box.
Said group getting caught by enemy troops, resulting in LB in melee mode and hussars in the back not doing anything.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

bad game, hobbits
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Re: Re:

Post by Guigs »

Frost Bite wrote:
Lecastete wrote:Overmicroing and in general focusing on irrelevant stuff instead of focusing on basics like macro, not skipping vills, always having units in queue and complete batches

Sir musket?

?

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

He never makes vils I guess that's what he means
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

not enough micro
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums