E3 2019

No Flag Ting
Crossbow

Re: E3 2019

Post by Ting »

Djigit wrote:If it's RoN-style squads, then you can individually micro units. If it's CoH-style (very likely), that's another story...

It's Relic favorite trick unfortunately: squads - unable to click single units - with a retreat button and a cover system.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

Maybe it's make for bigger mass like 300, 400 units squads for reprocude realistic battle?
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mosx wrote:Maybe it's make for bigger mass like 300, 400 units squads for reprocude realistic battle?

Just imagine, a box of 1000 oprichniks. They could burn through factories with ease
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

F2p + transactions = shit game, who gives a flying fuck about how many are going to play when the game is gonna be trash
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Let's see what the game is like when it comes out, I guess. It's too early for me to grab a pitchfork
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The biggest part of the SC2 playerbase is in the coop gamemode. That also explains why SC2's profit model has switched from selling the game to F2P microtransactions, specifically new leaders to use in coop. The best thing AoE4 can do to revitalize the RTS-scene is to include several coop modes, not just competitive gamemodes.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

imagine the unholy offspring of AoE3 card system and microtransactions :mad:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Ting wrote:
Djigit wrote:If it's RoN-style squads, then you can individually micro units. If it's CoH-style (very likely), that's another story...

It's Relic favorite trick unfortunately: squads - unable to click single units - with a retreat button and a cover system.

Efectivelly eliminating everything we know as micro in a aoe game, in favor of only tatics/positioning.

thats so weird, i'm inclined to believe that job description shouldnt be taken literally. It makes no sence to have this change in aoe.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

I hope this game ll not become a battle similutaor in real time

Italy Mosx
Dragoon

Post by Mosx »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Mosx wrote:Maybe it's make for bigger mass like 300, 400 units squads for reprocude realistic battle?

Just imagine, a box of 1000 oprichniks. They could burn through factories with ease

And what if I can counter that with same amount of gendarme

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mosx wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

And what if I can counter that with same amount of gendarme

Gendarmes won't be in the game since they're OP
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:The biggest part of the SC2 playerbase is in the coop gamemode. That also explains why SC2's profit model has switched from selling the game to F2P microtransactions, specifically new leaders to use in coop. The best thing AoE4 can do to revitalize the RTS-scene is to include several coop modes, not just competitive gamemodes.

Sounds like aoeo quests
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:The biggest part of the SC2 playerbase is in the coop gamemode. That also explains why SC2's profit model has switched from selling the game to F2P microtransactions, specifically new leaders to use in coop. The best thing AoE4 can do to revitalize the RTS-scene is to include several coop modes, not just competitive gamemodes.

Sounds like aoeo quests

They are indeed similar, even with some progression from grinding games, but on aoeo (afaik) in some quests you just need the better gear to be playable , in sc2 coop the 'mastery points' will help, but you can also just get gud and win with a low level hero.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Okay, now for some actual fresh E3 news from an official source. AoE2:DE is coming, and with perhaps more changes than expected:
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-of-empires-ii-de-at-e3/
Attendees will be able to experience stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, a new, fully remastered soundtrack, and 4 new civilizations during an on-hands demo of the game.

Could this mean new content will come with AoE3:DE as well?
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Well aoe2 has 4 civs right ? So i think its a good idea to add some new civs to the game, while aoe3 has alot of them so they better do something more valuable
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Netherlands nimanoe
Crossbow

Post by nimanoe »

Sargsyan wrote:Well aoe2 has 4 civs right ? So i think its a good idea to add some new civs to the game, while aoe3 has alot of them so they better do something more valuable

AoE2 has 31 civs already, so 35 with these 4 additional confirmed :D
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Lol really ?
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I have nothing against 21 civs being added to AoE3
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I actually hope no new aoe3 civs. They would prob be half assed and clunky.

They're making aoe2 a mess. You have aoe2 nilla, aoc expansion, then African expansion, aoe2 HD , and now aoe2 de lol wtf
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Yeah. If there are new civs for AoE3 they need to be done well. For AoE2 it’s easier since all civs are very similar; all you need to do is copy paste and add a twist.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

IAmSoldieR wrote:I actually hope no new aoe3 civs. They would prob be half assed and clunky.

They're making aoe2 a mess. You have aoe2 nilla, aoc expansion, then African expansion, aoe2 HD , and now aoe2 de lol wtf

Yeah they’re really milking AoE2 haha
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Mitoe wrote:For AoE2 it’s easier since all civs are very similar; all you need to do is copy paste and add a twist.

I wonder how civs being similar affects the human brain. Maybe Aoe2 players are addicted to more of the same, which means playing more the same old game and buying every iteration of it as if it was something brand new.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

IAmSoldieR wrote:I actually hope no new aoe3 civs. They would prob be half assed and clunky.

Milking and splitting the community at the same time.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

The GaaS model is kinda expected at this point; I think that it can be done in a quasi-ethical way. I'd go as far as to say that it's been so expected that a AAA multiplayer game will have some form of long-term monetization that there's not really any new information gained to learn that it will indeed have it. Plus, a lot of my friends are excited at the idea of some forms of microtransactions in various multiplayer games as a form of personal expression. A lot of my friends own the hot anime waifu skin of all their favorite League/HotS champions and can live with paying a premium to do so. Again, speaking for my friends here.

Squad-based gameplay isn't something that be surprised to see out of Relic. I'm not enthusiastic about it, although I did enjoy Company of Heroes and CoH2 and still play a few games of the latter sometimes. Squad-based gameplay plus a time period shift to WW1 or 2 era would make the game sound very similar to a hypothetical CoH3 though, which is something that I'd like to see but not necessarily something that I'd liked to see called AoE4.

Something that Relic did that I didn't like was locking certain factions behind a DLC paywall and then allowing players with these extra factions to play ladder games against players without them. That's become a popular monetization model due to League that doesn't work nearly as well in an RTS. One could imagine new civs being released every season that cost an additional 20 Microsoftbux each and that are conveniently (or even accidentally) tier 1 competitive civs.
duck
:mds:
imo
Netherlands nimanoe
Crossbow

Post by nimanoe »

IAmSoldieR wrote:They're making aoe2 a mess. You have aoe2 nilla, aoc expansion, then African expansion, aoe2 HD , and now aoe2 de lol wtf

Not entirely accurate, if you're talking about different balances then there are 3 options: Age of Kings, AoE2:The Conquerors and AoE2 with all expansions.
If you're talking about different platforms then there is Userpatch, AoE2:HD and AoE2:DE.
And if you're talking about all the different expansions then there's Age of Kings, The Conquerors, The Forgotten, African Kingdoms, Rise of the Rajas and the newly announced expansion.
These things still split up the community, but it's not split in as many ways as you describe.

I also have some hope that it will be possible to upgrade the HD version with some discount to the DE version, so that the split will remain as minimal as possible but we'll have to see.

Btw: not saying Microsoft hasn't milked AoE2 with the HD edition, because they have.