Re: E3 2019

Post by Goodspeed »

So, memeing?
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

I can't say for aoe2, but what does a reiteration of aoe3 need? New graphics, fixed bugs, fixed balance, more civs, more gameplay features, a combination of the above? I don't know anymore what to expect. Aoe2 got new graphics and sound, as well as a new campaign. Are we happy with this? It all feels unimaginative
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

They're also adding civs. Idk what more we could have expected, it's a remaster of an existing game not a new game.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Honestly, if you watch it on your phone you won't see any difference. If you watch it on a 4k monitor you will see that it makes a big difference. On a 1920x1080 monitor, you will see it a bit. So all of you who are saying it's looking bad are probably watching it on a low-end device.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It was funny in the twitch chat to see everyone flaming aoe2 when they showed the aoe2 de trailer. I can only imagine the people hating on it are simply jealous that aoe2 is a much more successful game.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Goodspeed wrote:They're also adding civs. Idk what more we could have expected, it's a remaster of an existing game not a new game.

blizzard wc3 remaster ???
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

gibson wrote:It was funny in the twitch chat to see everyone flaming aoe2 when they showed the aoe2 de trailer. I can only imagine the people hating on it are simply jealous that aoe2 is a much more successful game.

Sincerely I'm one of those people's but not jealous but I think, if they move for Aoe2 De maybe we can see early Aoe3 de
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

@BrookG

• Obs live games
[spoiler=Observer Mode & Automatch]Relic confirmed in todays stream that the Observer Mode feature will allow viewers to watch any live automatch game that is currently being played via the in-game engine. In order to address concerns that players can potentially cheat by being fed information about their opponent, automatch Observer Mode will be delivered on an 8 minute delay. This duration can potentially be changed before the feature is rolled out. Players will be able to view a list of observable games, filter by game size (1v1, 2v2, etc.), as well as sort the list by ranking, allowing you to watch top-ranked players compete in the ladder. You can also sort by friends games, and cheer your friends on, or heckle them for their mistakes.
https://www.coh2.org/news/25384/observer-mode-preview[/spoiler]

• Actually play (≠ watch) a recorded game as if it were a saved game:
You and your friend would put yourself in pros' place at some point in the rec and the could be outcome completely different.

Scenario A:
Player 1: Without lag, I'd have shrekt your sepoys
Player 2:lol no way, I had mahouts otw and the tp line
Player 1: Alright, let's replay the rec right before the last battle
Player 1 wins
Player 1: You see, you little sh!t? Fix your internet next time
Player 2: [spoiler=best comeback ever]Fix your mom[/spoiler]
Scenario B:
Player 1: Yep, no chance vs unlimited uhlans...
Player 2: Of course there is, uhlans aren't that great
Player 1: Alright, let's replay the rec just when we both are in fortress and we switch civs
Player 2: Ok
Player 2: Yeah I lost, BuT uHlAnS sTiLl aReN't ThAt gReAt
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Djigit wrote:• Actually play (≠ watch) a recorded game as if it were a saved game:
You and your friend would put yourself in pros' place at some point in the rec and the could be outcome completely different.

This is actually possible with AoE3 rec games using a bit of trickery, however, only in singleplayer since AoE3 doesn't currently allow playing restored games in mp unfortunately.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Djigit wrote:• Actually play (≠ watch) a recorded game as if it were a saved game:

This is actually possible with AoE3 rec games using a bit of trickery, however, only in singleplayer since AoE3 doesn't currently allow playing restored games in mp unfortunately.
I hope aoe3 DE devs won't be lazy then.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

Was that mentioned? @Djigit I guess I missed it. Indeed, a better way to access (rewatch, replay, switch sides, etc) to recorded games would be a huge improvement.

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

BrookG wrote:Was that mentioned? @Djigit I guess I missed it. Indeed, a better way to access (rewatch, replay, switch sides, etc) to recorded games would be a huge improvement.
It wasn't mentioned dw. Just 2 suggestions that would be a great to DE and not very unreasonable to say the least.
Another cool thing would be to add a timeline tab (like that of Rise of Nations) in the aftergame stats window to get a better overview of the build orders.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor

Post by BrookG »

Djigit wrote:
BrookG wrote:Was that mentioned? @Djigit I guess I missed it. Indeed, a better way to access (rewatch, replay, switch sides, etc) to recorded games would be a huge improvement.
It wasn't mentioned dw. Just 2 suggestions that would be a great to DE and not very unreasonable to say the least.
Another cool thing would be to add a timeline tab (like that of Rise of Nations) in the aftergame stats window to get a better overview of the build orders.

Yes, my point is that what it was offered, doesn't add anything novel or mind-blowingly cool to care.

No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

BrookG wrote:
Djigit wrote:

Yes, my point is that what it was offered, doesn't add anything novel or mind-blowingly cool to care.
Yeah and it's worrying for aoe3 de...
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

well ofc it looks better than the original, but come on it reminds me of a bunch of those super flat 2d games that we all played as kids around the 2000s @Goodspeed
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It reminds you of AoE2? Yeah, that's painful. A lot of people here seem to struggle when they are reminded of that game :chinese:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Some of the sprites just seem... not very changed? Might be a good thing, to preserve the AoE2 feel. Honestly, when I first saw the vid I have mistaken some of the displayed scenery for current-day AoE2:HD. For a second I thought they were gonna make a direct comparison like in the AoE1:DE trailer, then I realized that's actually the DE. Perhaps the difference will be more apparent when one is actually playing the game on high res, overall it does look nice after inspecting the graphics more closely.

At this point I'm just interested in whether the DE introduces real command queue for units.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Emmmmm do you really think that that one line suggest strongly that there will be trees and human gatherers?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

bobabu wrote:Honestly, if you watch it on your phone you won't see any difference. If you watch it on a 4k monitor you will see that it makes a big difference. On a 1920x1080 monitor, you will see it a bit. So all of you who are saying it's looking bad are probably watching it on a low-end device.

I'm watching it on a 32 inch 2K monitor. It still looks cartoonish af to me.

Sure, it has improved, but the engine seems to have the same clunky pathing it used to have.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Compare that 4K (downscaled to my 2K setup) to this screenshot I made a few years ago, when I was using a 1080p setup:

These ^ are graphics from a 12-year old game. :|
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

It seems like the remastered versions are shaping up to be glorified DLCs. I don't expect the remastered AoE3 to bring anything other than a few broken civs, more bugs, and discontinuation of support after 6 months or less. EP will most likely be better and we'll have the same situation as the AoE2 community when the HD version was released.