Team 1v1 tournament idea

Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Team 1v1 tournament idea

Post by Imperial Noob »

The Tit & kynesie team-up has inspired me to propose a 1v1 supremacy tournament, wherein players would enter in teams, let's say with a sum ELO/PR not higher than a set amount, and then rotate within a series, having to play 2, 3 or 4 games each for example. The regulations for who plays when could be similar to those for picking civs. The rewards would be split like in a normal team tournament.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: Team 1v1 tournament idea

Post by Cometk »

Imperial Noob wrote:The Tit & kynesie team-up has inspired me to propose a tournament, wherein players would enter in teams, let's say with a sum ELO/PR not higher than a set amount, and then rotate within a series, having to play 2, 3 or 4 games each for example. The regulations for who plays when could be similar to those for picking civs. The rewards would be split like in a normal team tournament.

this format is something the japanese community actually has done, back in the day when matsujun was still hosting the JCG challenge cups. here's the link for one i could find http://challenge.j-cg.com/compe/7

3v3 teams could sign up with 4 players. the winning team was comprised of DrDevious, minato823, tombo_, and another guy whose ESO account name i unfortunately cannot locate for the life of me.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

ah maybe i misunderstood, but now i think i understand what you mean. you mean like having a roster of 4 players, and when one of your players loses a game in the series, you swap him out for someone else on your roster, ay?
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

I think that's a really cool idea tbh, just as you civ pick you also have a step before of player pick from each teams player pool
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Similar ideas have been proposed and it's something that I'd like to see happen some day. I think the main issue that is still to be worked out is that no six AoE3 players ever share an hour of free time in common is a fundamental law of the universe
duck
:mds:
imo
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Vinyanyérë wrote:Similar ideas have been proposed and it's something that I'd like to see happen some day. I think the main issue that is still to be worked out is that no six AoE3 players ever share an hour of free time in common is a fundamental law of the universe

Unless they happen to be watching a tournament game or a stream of someone really good in the middle of the night, in which case there is often a fair share of top players in the chat :hmm:
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

How about do it like a team tennis tournament. There will be two 1 vs 1s between two teams, played by seperate players. If both 1v1 is won by team 1 then team 1 wins and vice versa if both win 1 1v1 then there is going to be deciding 2v2 match.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I'll team up with The_Baphomet.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Although not the same as your idea, i think a tournament where players had coaches would also be rather interesting, I.e have Majors and Lt Col with coaches that are pr 35+

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV