Great Britain TheZeroEmpires
Crossbow
ESO: ZeroEmpires

The New World Championship Tickets & Website

Post by TheZeroEmpires »

https://EscapeTV.uk
Hello everyone,

Ticket Purchases
I hope you're excited as we are for the NWC LAN final in July. To make the process of issuing tickets easier we created a website to securely purchase them: https://EscapeTV.uk. If you are attending the LAN (and you aren't a player) then you are required to buy a ticket so that we can cover the costs of providing food and drinks for the duration of the event.

Website Info
You'll also find lots of information on the website including the fixtures, format, player profiles (yet to be completed) and much more. Check it out and hopefully it will be a valuable resource to you when watching the live event.

Let me know if you have any feedback, suggestions or anything else you'd like to comment regarding the website.

Thanks!
Zak.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Re: The New World Championship Tickets & Website

Post by Interjection »

Good stuff :). Now with flights & accommodation booked, I'd encourage everyone to buy a ticket - the money is used to supply food and drink (details on the website)
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Do you guys have EscapeTV merch available for purchase somewhere? A shirt with the Escape logo would be pretty cool. (I feel like I've seen you guys wearing something like this on stream?)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

musketeer925 wrote:Do you guys have EscapeTV merch available for purchase somewhere? A shirt with the Escape logo would be pretty cool. (I feel like I've seen you guys wearing something like this on stream?)

Apparently the merch is from the late Escape Dota team (or similar) and not in current production.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

Pretty easy to get shirts made. I've always been against ESOC merch because of copyright issues (our logo is a derivative of copyrighted AoE3 logo and fonts), but as far as I know an escape shirt should be fine.
Crossbow

Post by TheZeroEmpires »

musketeer925 wrote:Do you guys have EscapeTV merch available for purchase somewhere? A shirt with the Escape logo would be pretty cool. (I feel like I've seen you guys wearing something like this on stream?)

That's awesome that you're interested in getting something! We used to have merch a few years ago but stopped because of low demand, it seems like the demand is back recently but we have no plans to re-start the merch just yet.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

TheZeroEmpires wrote:https://EscapeTV.uk
Hello everyone,

Ticket Purchases
I hope you're excited as we are for the NWC LAN final in July. To make the process of issuing tickets easier we created a website to securely purchase them: https://EscapeTV.uk. If you are attending the LAN (and you aren't a player) then you are required to buy a ticket so that we can cover the costs of providing food and drinks for the duration of the event.

Website Info
You'll also find lots of information on the website including the fixtures, format, player profiles (yet to be completed) and much more. Check it out and hopefully it will be a valuable resource to you when watching the live event.

Let me know if you have any feedback, suggestions or anything else you'd like to comment regarding the website.

Thanks!
Zak.

Hey, I'm a little curious about how you guys decided the prize distribution. It's nice that everybody gets at least something, and obviously you can't change it now, but don't you think it would motivate the players to play even better if the prize distribution was something like 2500 for 1st, 1000 for second, the rest for third?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

ovi12 wrote:Hey, I'm a little curious about how you guys decided the prize distribution. It's nice that everybody gets at least something, and obviously you can't change it now, but don't you think it would motivate the players to play even better if the prize distribution was something like 2500 for 1st, 1000 for second, the rest for third?

They did change it a week ago, so I don't see why they couldn't change it again.

$1400 - 1st
$800 - 2nd
$600 - 3rd
$400 - 4th
$250 - 5-6th
$150 - 7-8th

However, I don't see how an extra $600 is not enough to "play harder"? Would you try less hard for $600 more than for $1500 more?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

musketeer925 wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Hey, I'm a little curious about how you guys decided the prize distribution. It's nice that everybody gets at least something, and obviously you can't change it now, but don't you think it would motivate the players to play even better if the prize distribution was something like 2500 for 1st, 1000 for second, the rest for third?

They did change it a week ago, so I don't see why they couldn't change it again.

$1400 - 1st
$800 - 2nd
$600 - 3rd
$400 - 4th
$250 - 5-6th
$150 - 7-8th

However, I don't see how an extra $600 is not enough to "play harder"? Would you try less hard for $600 more than for $1500 more?

Well at some point, increasing has to make a difference, right? I think yes, $1500 is enough to maybe motivate some players to try to come up with more strats and practice them to perfection more. I mean maybe not, but I think it increases the chance of that. I guess I don't see any negative effect from the viewer perspective, so why not.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

deleted_user wrote:

Apparently the merch is from the late Escape Dota team (or similar) and not in current production.

It was their csgo team

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

The prize is distributed like that mostly to make it worthwhile for everyone to fly to the UK. Let's say you don't think you can get third - then you might not want to come as there's no money to win for you
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

nice website, quite [spoiler=accurate]
gg
gg
[/spoiler]
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

WTf 72 quid for a ticket, ya trippin balls
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hazza54321 wrote:WTf 72 quid for a ticket, ya trippin balls

Why do you call it quid
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well it includes 8 meals, so it seems really reasonable actually
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Does the map do a weird default for anyone else? :hmm:

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

wow everyone is either the same age as or younger than Hazza (27)
oranges.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Aizamk wrote:wow everyone is either the same age as or younger than Hazza (27)

I think that's a mistake. Most of them are engineers as well, apparently. I know rouga is around my age.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

gibson wrote:

Yeah 72 quid isn't bad at all, especially seeing as they more than likely have to pay for insurance to be able to hold events. Like they aren't making any money on it, and i'd be surprised if they're even breaking even.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

It's around £9/meal including refreshments, pretty good deal. I don't know easy it would be to eat in a restaurant or cook at your accomodation
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Crossbow

Post by TheZeroEmpires »

Riotcoke wrote:
gibson wrote:

Yeah 72 quid isn't bad at all, especially seeing as they more than likely have to pay for insurance to be able to hold events. Like they aren't making any money on it, and i'd be surprised if they're even breaking even.

Insurance isn’t factored into the ticket cost at all. We are providing drinks, lunch and dinner for 4 days. That’s where 100% of the ticket money is being spent.
You won’t find a food van or catering service willing to do it for much less, and its cheaper than eating at the pub or a restaurant every day.

Since the players and casters won’t have to pay we are still making a loss on catering services overall.

Further, the ticket is £60 but has £12 vat. Which means that we actually only have £7.50 to spend on each meal.