Post by GiBthedurrty »

I'd like to see hpc play.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Sunday Smackdown #10 - Factory Wagon Start

Post by pecelot »

how about we'd let players produce heavy cannons from age 4 in game 1, from age 3 in game 2, from age 2 in game 3 and from age 1 in game 4 — and then repeat? :biggrin: @Interjection
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

A new version of the patch every game?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Imperial Noob wrote:A new version of the patch every game?
Might be possible to implement those options using the game difficulty for example. Sandbox = age 1 HC, easy = age 2 HC etc.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

edeholland wrote:
Imperial Noob wrote:A new version of the patch every game?
Might be possible to implement those options using the game difficulty for example. Sandbox = age 1 HC, easy = age 2 HC etc.

expert = age 5 hpc
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

or code it into maps? players could veto early so that the map pool is decided a long time before starting the games
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Current plan is no technical restriction on artillery production, so the players would simply have to agree to not build them until a certain age.

Of note is that this Smackdown will be based on latest EP 6.1 Beta, and the updated Smackdown branch will be released tonight.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Thanks @EAGLEMUT ! And I like that ideas @pecelot . My plan was to do this smackdown twice, once with artillery in any age and again only allowing it in age 4. But I like your idea better.

Now looking for players and we can get this underway!

@bwinnner @bwinner You mentioned you'd like to play, when are you free?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I guess you could trust a gentleman's agreement in a friendly game of such a kind :love:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Interjection wrote:Thanks @EAGLEMUT ! And I like that ideas @pecelot . My plan was to do this smackdown twice, once with artillery in any age and again only allowing it in age 4. But I like your idea better.

Now looking for players and we can get this underway!

@bwinnner @bwinner You mentioned you'd like to play, when are you free?

Hey, I can play most days 20GMT or later. For other times, it depends more, but I can make it quite often. So it depends what the day range is and who the opponent is.
Great Britain Interjection
Howdah
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

Post by Interjection »

Okay great, let's see who else would like to play. $50 prize as usual :)

Ideally similar skill level
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Id play if i was facing a pr24 or less XD
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

I can probably play either 15GMT+ Friday/Saturday, or 22:15GMT+ Friday/Saturday.

Since I tend to lose more often to 1st lts than to majors, ideally looking for someone in the PR24 range as well.
oranges.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Predicting lots of water / defensive play if a factory is set on upgraded-wood after gathering 800food. Lots of wood for docks, houses, wall and boats! On the other hand, could be hyper aggressive with possibility of cutting market/techs, vill production as factory already is a greater eco than the starting eco. Ottoman most likely to be OP with this setup.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

btw, would that be possible to add a button to switch back to normal patch after playing smackdown or ep @EAGLEMUT ? because unless I am missing something, you need to manually reinstall the patch right ? so then it doesn't make so much sens that there is a button to go to this patchs and not one to come back
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

bwinner1 wrote:btw, would that be possible to add a button to switch back to normal patch after playing smackdown or ep @EAGLEMUT ? because unless I am missing something, you need to manually reinstall the patch right ? so then it doesn't make so much sens that there is a button to go to this patchs and not one to come back

Switch back to normal patch after playing EP? Assuming "normal patch" means RE, you always have the ability to launch it the same way, regardless of whether you're on stable EP or on Smackdown. You can use the "official patch" button from launcher and it should work the same.
If you want to switch back from Smackdown to stable EP, simply run the regular ESOC Patch Launcher shortcut and you will be asked to confirm the switch (works like a regular update, so you see what exact version you are switching onto). There is no "switch back" button simply because that's the default launcher behavior - it asks you whether you want to go back every time you open it. Additionally, after the first time you use the switch button, you will automatically have another desktop shortcut created with the title "ESOC Patch - Smackdown version" that you can use thereafter instead of fishing for the switch button.

Switching to any branch from any other branch will always require going through the "update" confirmation, since having multiple instances of different EP flavors active at the same time is not currently supported. Any switch effectively replaces the entire EP.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:btw, would that be possible to add a button to switch back to normal patch after playing smackdown or ep @EAGLEMUT ? because unless I am missing something, you need to manually reinstall the patch right ? so then it doesn't make so much sens that there is a button to go to this patchs and not one to come back

Switch back to normal patch after playing EP? Assuming "normal patch" means RE, you always have the ability to launch it the same way, regardless of whether you're on stable EP or on Smackdown. You can use the "official patch" button from launcher and it should work the same.
If you want to switch back from Smackdown to stable EP, simply run the regular ESOC Patch Launcher shortcut and you will be asked to confirm the switch (works like a regular update, so you see what exact version you are switching onto). There is no "switch back" button simply because that's the default launcher behavior - it asks you whether you want to go back every time you open it. Additionally, after the first time you use the switch button, you will automatically have another desktop shortcut created with the title "ESOC Patch - Smackdown version" that you can use thereafter instead of fishing for the switch button.

Switching to any branch from any other branch will always require going through the "update" confirmation, since having multiple instances of different EP flavors active at the same time is not currently supported. Any switch effectively replaces the entire EP.

I was talking about going back to normal ep. When I launch the ep being on smackdown, it asks me to switch to beta version and when on beta it asks me nothing. I think beta is the default launcher currently (asks me to switch to beta everytime I launch the normal ep as well).
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Sounds like you're using a Beta launcher shortcut for some reason, this one is also created automatically once you switch to Beta for the first time. Are you sure that what you're launching isn't called "ESOC Patch - Beta version", and that you didn't rename it at some point?
In any case, you should be able to get a clean new shortcut by right-clicking whatever one you have, open file location, right-click the highlighted exe and create a new shortcut from it.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Sounds like you're using a Beta launcher shortcut for some reason, this one is also created automatically once you switch to Beta for the first time. Are you sure that what you're launching isn't called "ESOC Patch - Beta version", and that you didn't rename it at some point?
In any case, you should be able to get a clean new shortcut by right-clicking whatever one you have, open file location, right-click the highlighted exe and create a new shortcut from it.

oh yeah you are right, I didn't pay attention to this^^
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

@flontier @gibson @yoqpasa @Guigs @Cometk no one to play it vs me ?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I always dodge you
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

lt colonel too scary
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

dodgeson
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

I can play that @bwinner looks fun

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I didnt realize my good friend Ulysses Grant was involved in this. I'll play if either of the froggies end up not making it