Sunday Smackdown #10 - Factory Wagon Start

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: Sunday Smackdown #10 - Factory Wagon Start

Post by Riotcoke »

Aren't rockets better than heavies if you can't defend them, i.e they deal with cav very easily in age 2 as they do a straight 300 damage. So in this format Brit would be the strongest?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I wonder if you could do town destroyer with Iro to try to kill the fact early
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

More importantly rockets beat heavies, so yeah I guess brits would be top if you can train art from factories
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

ovi12 wrote:I wonder if you could do town destroyer with Iro to try to kill the fact early

If that works it means you can probably do it on opponent's tc in regular games lol. But it doesn't work, you get tc fired.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

There is of course the concept of Aztec easily getting to fortress with that huge eco boost and fast age and making eagle runners with heavy cannons... idk im interested to see what happens
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

And what about bombards, or are they just in art vs art?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

If Sioux get to age 3 they get siege dance heavies. If they do not, they are still a cav army that only ever lacked siege in age 2 and now has it. If they have to def, they have heavies with a Teepee HP boost and win every artillery duel

I vote Sioux
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Heavy cannons (and alternative units) cannot be made until IV. Read the original post.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Heavy cannons (and alternative units) cannot be made until IV. Read the original post.

You meant to say "the original post has been edited; heavy cannons are now available first in Age IV".
Anyway, ez for Sioux. Factory on food + fertility dance
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Heavy cannons (and alternative units) cannot be made until IV. Read the original post.

I think it adds more variety if you enabled cannons in age 2, i.e do you trade more resources for cannon. Maybe make the cannon take 4 minutes until age 4 or something.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I honestly think res > arty immediately

I mean if someone used the factory on wood to power a four nat tp native rush with rattan or cherokee (or even seminole or carib) while you are waiting 2 minutes for a cannon...
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

dansil92 wrote:I honestly think res > arty immediately

I mean if someone used the factory on wood to power a four nat tp native rush with rattan or cherokee (or even seminole or carib) while you are waiting 2 minutes for a cannon...

I think heavy cannons do too much damage

'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I will be laughing when I comfortably wall in my 3 minute HC to protect it from any mele damage, and naked VC boom around herded hunts.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's been edited, noob.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

deleted_user wrote:

It's been edited, noob.

It's been edited for a long time :D
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I think that would work, except that you can wall in your cannons and then can't get touched. But maybe could still work, idk.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

You can have a heavy cannon after 115 seconds. A factory on resources can gather 632.5 resources in that time.

Are you going to beat a heavy cannon by training units with 630 resources? Probably not, it's just 3 colonial hussars or 6 colonial musketeers.
Are you going to beat a heavy cannon with the scaling potential 630 resources give you? I'm interesting to find out.
Hotel? Trivago.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

you've lost me at the beginning
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

edeholland wrote:You can have a heavy cannon after 115 seconds. A factory on resources can gather 632.5 resources in that time.

Are you going to beat a heavy cannon by training units with 630 resources? Probably not, it's just 3 colonial hussars or 6 colonial musketeers.
Are you going to beat a heavy cannon with the scaling potential 630 resources give you? I'm interesting to find out.
Hotel? Trivago.

You gather 600 of a specific resource, eliminating the need to get market up for that resource which ideally would be gold = 150 resources + your villagers gather more of the other required resources. So in theory you could end up with 10 hussar on double stable start instead of normal 5 which is enough to kill a heavy and any defending units. There are many possibilities such as skipping 700 w among many.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

edeholland wrote:You can have a heavy cannon after 115 seconds. A factory on resources can gather 632.5 resources in that time.

Hotel? Trivago.

Is that calculation based on sending any artillery train time reduction card?
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

japanesegeneral wrote:

Hotel? Trivago.

Is that calculation based on sending any artillery train time reduction card?
It's based on zero upgrades, which is likely what you will have in age 1 and (early) age 2. If you have the factory resources gathering upgrade, you can gather 822.5 resources in the time it takes to train one heavy cannon (115 sec).

When sending Engineering School, the factory can gather 475.75 resources without upgrades and 618.48 with upgrades.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I mean a guy putting factory on food could age up maybe 1-2 mins earlier than the one making HC's. Ship 3 huss first, and it should force a mm call. Then come in with a batch of 5 huss and you should do well vs the cannon. That's how I envision it in my mind. But like I said, all of this is thwarted by just walling in your HC. Still idk.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Nah you just train heavies no matter what, I'm quite sure. Even if you have to actually chop for an extra house in age 1 for the heavy, and age up extra late. you can build a small wall around your heavies and you'll have the safest base ever lol. Then once you're up and get a small mass of musks, you just auto win any fight because you have more heavies than your opponent.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Pretty sure if u put ur fact on res u can get age 3 asap, u cant push a base with 1 hc anyway
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

You can't? You have 1 hc popping at 2 mins, opponent is still aging, you can just siege his tc or factory with your hc and how does he deal with that? I mean you might be able to kill it if you pull vils but then you probably lose more resources than what you got from the factory, delay that age 3, and lose vils