Question about invis units

No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Question about invis units

Post by Zhanson10 »

Often I’ll play as France, and I’ve been noticing something recently when I try to put my native scout in invisible mode. Most of the time there is no problem, however, every once in a while I’m unable to put the scout in invisible mode even though there are no enemy units around. This tends to happen when I play against pr 25 players who play like master sergeants and sometimes talk very suspiciously, which makes me wonder if they have invisible units all over the map preventing me from letting my unit go invisible and allowing them to see my every move. However, I’ve not actually seen these invis units. The maps I play on when this happens are RE maps. The maps don’t seem modified in any way. Has anyone ever encountered this issue? Does it suggest the use of maphacks?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: Question about invis units

Post by Mitoe »

Sounds like someone using moesbar cheats. Moesbar cheats use spyglass all over the map to emulate maphack, and spyglass counts as a unit, thereby preventing your scout from going stealth.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mitoe wrote:Sounds like someone using moesbar cheats. Moesbar cheats use spyglass all over the map to emulate maphack, and spyglass counts as a unit, thereby preventing your scout from going stealth.

Oh interesting, I never knew how does things worked. Does regular maphack work in a different way?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I believe so. I think it removes fog of war from the game or something? I don't really know how true maphack functions
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Regular map hack is a much more traditional approach than moesbar. It’s very different how it works.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Regular maphack uses a 3rd party program to show the map, I think that means you could still have an invisible unit. Moesbar ui actually gives you line of site of the whole map, which means you probably can't have an invisible unit. Or maybe its vice versa, not completely sure.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

3rd party program = no invisible units, hacks game memory
moesbar = invisible spyglass units all over the map
EP has protections against both.