Serbia breeze
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Sir_Musket

02 Jun 2019, 13:56

Mosx wrote:On nilla cassador was better against other inf better against skirm cuz their high resistance

In fact nilla cassadores would bring attractivity to ports, and that would be good
bwinner wrote:I was happy when breeze posted a rec where he beat me once, which means he believes I am good.
Serbia breeze
Howdah
Donator 01

02 Jun 2019, 13:58

princeofcarthage wrote:
duckzilla wrote:60% range resist would mean to reduce all ranged dmg by a further 20% effectively. That's quite a lot.

To me, the unit design for portuguese is glass cannons. Do a lot of dmg, but also break easily (cassa/organ). Further increased ranged resistance would not necessarily fit in here. If you want to improve cassadores, you could just as good increase base dmg by 1.

Or add 20% veteran upgrades which they miss

Actually smt could be done like add %5 attack while you nerf it from one of the age4 cards so the long game balance won't be effected while you will have useful cassadores in age3
bwinner wrote:I was happy when breeze posted a rec where he beat me once, which means he believes I am good.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

02 Jun 2019, 13:59

cassas are better vs musks and they trade very well in skirm wars
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

02 Jun 2019, 14:00

Still shit though
Serbia breeze
Howdah
Donator 01

02 Jun 2019, 14:11

Garja wrote:cassas are better vs musks and they trade very well in skirm wars

lol, I hope you are kidding right now otherwise you must be high ;)
France kami_ryu
Retired Contributor
ESO: kami_ryu & incognoto
Location: Denver, CO, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

02 Jun 2019, 14:13

What are their current stats on EP?
thanks RK
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

02 Jun 2019, 14:16

Theyre better vs musks because of the speed, vs skirms is like even so its kinda irrelevant, would like to see nilla cass back tbh, organ rof buff or 3 organ for 200c and 100f vills
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

02 Jun 2019, 14:55

I think we need to address some things because the level of accuracy in this thread seems terrible, especially in the last couple pages.
1) Cassas are actually fine already. Buffing them would be to incentivate Port use and not because they absolutely need it. Cassas already have high rr on TAD and 4.5 speed. They do better than regular skirms vs ashi for example, and they do fine vs skirms wars because they're a cheaper skirm. This is why I'm happy to just have skirm goon wars as Ports, just keep trading while my eco grows 3x the opponent's one.
2) Organs are bad in art vs art, yes we all know that. They are however much better against infantry. It's a cool unit that cost less than falcs. There is room to buff them but please stop comparing them to falcs in scope as they're just two different units.

Now, everyone seems to want Nilla cassas. Fine. Get your super low HP skirm with 4.5 rof and +10% rr and then gl not complaining it sux even more. Idk even why you think Nilla cassas are better when they're not. Do you think the switch to new cassas was a buff or a nerf?

Organ guns: what buffs do you propose?

All these changes ofc are to compensate a vill discount nerf. Current vill cost is just absurdely unbalanced as it makes for stupid scaling dynamics (e.g switching to mills np at 15 min in the game with 70v eco and without moving from your starting 3TC area).
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

02 Jun 2019, 15:00

1) Cassa are awful vs meelee cav and artillery, they die much faster than regular skirms. If you had cassa and regular skirms as Port, you'd pick skirms every day.
2) Falcs are simply better in 1v1 supremacy, there's nothing to add.
Switzerland glorious_
Dragoon
ESO: Starkkvul

02 Jun 2019, 15:07

tbf the argument a one-dimensional civ is kinda true. But you wont make it more than one-dimensional if you nerf almost everything that made the civ good. I mean what is the point of jinete if they're almost as good as normal french goons. You can't switch to cuir. Furthermore is port only viable in age 4 which is already a joke. Age 2 loses to most civs due to no upgrade cards for units (and unlikely to outspam civs). Age 3 is weak too because of discussed cassa.
In age 4 you firstly have to ship unit upgrades (which are 3?!) only for inf. And one for goons. So port maybe good in late-late games but when does it come to that?
And I agree with @breeze I'd rather have 100 f settler and better upgraded cassa or similar.
Germany Makrokosmos12
Musketeer
ESO: Templer12

02 Jun 2019, 15:12

Cassadors and organs suck hard in most situations. I really think the inf upgrades should be moved to the fortress/colonial age. its very boring to always see goon FI's from port on water or ATP, because they cant rly do anything else better than other civs.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

02 Jun 2019, 15:30

[Armag] diarouga wrote:1) Cassa are awful vs meelee cav and artillery, they die much faster than regular skirms. If you had cassa and regular skirms as Port, you'd pick skirms every day.
2) Falcs are simply better in 1v1 supremacy, there's nothing to add.

Cassas kite way better even vs cav. Like vs vs French cuir which are already slow units. Ofc they do die easier cause low hp. Honestly they are about the same as skirms because they cost less, so no I cant say I'd prefer normal skirms. They do better behind walls and buildings because of rr and tehy trade better vs anything with high ranged dmg, e.g erk, sepoy, yumi.

Same thing for falcs. They re just more all around unit bit organs are smore specific ant inf.

Anyway to get on the same page of how I intend Port eco strenght and unit viability I leave you this which is pretty much how all my Port games go in Port vs Dutch (game2)
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

02 Jun 2019, 16:09

Ego post.

Also in game 2 we can see that cassa suck hard against the spain composition lol. And that game is irrelevant, you got the TP line uncontested, we all know that 4 TP stagecoach is op, any civ which can get that would win regardless of its viability xD.
France kami_ryu
Retired Contributor
ESO: kami_ryu & incognoto
Location: Denver, CO, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

02 Jun 2019, 16:30

"ego post" lol is this 2009?
thanks RK
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

02 Jun 2019, 16:44

All bad need pear_soap
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

02 Jun 2019, 17:00

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ego post.

Also in game 2 we can see that cassa suck hard against the spain composition lol. And that game is irrelevant, you got the TP line uncontested, we all know that 4 TP stagecoach is op, any civ which can get that would win regardless of its viability xD.

I win without stagecoach too. I have a rec vs kaiser Feench, should I post that or is that ego post too :uglylol:
Cassas ang goons is not the best combo vs Spain but tbf nor is skirm goon.
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

02 Jun 2019, 17:02

Yea post it. It's probably another game when you win with ATP.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

02 Jun 2019, 17:04

No? That port-Dutch game is without ATP I'm pretty sure
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

02 Jun 2019, 17:14

I didn't watch it but it doesn't matter, I saw you got 4 TPs which shouldn't happen.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

02 Jun 2019, 17:26

" It shouldn't happen" :uglylol:
Anyway, don't need them. Just 1 TP really.
https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php ... 83#p170383
Serbia breeze
Howdah
Donator 01

02 Jun 2019, 17:30

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ego post.

Thats from first ep I believe where ports were good :D considering the date, at that moment vills were costing 80 food and probably genitours werent nerfed yet (not sure)
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

02 Jun 2019, 17:38

Yea, that was from the first EP lol. If you give the 80f vills back, then the other buffs aren't needed but noone wants that.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

02 Jun 2019, 17:46

Isn't it 85f now? lol. I used to do the same exact thing even with FP Ports.
Really stop nitpicking on unsignificant stuff. Fact it Ports can totally compete with those civs. And if opponent makes couple mistakes like Kaiser did in that game, it is very easy to win.
Serbia breeze
Howdah
Donator 01

02 Jun 2019, 17:56

Garja wrote:Isn't it 85f now? lol. I used to do the same exact thing even with FP Ports.
Really stop nitpicking on unsignificant stuff. Fact it Ports can totally compete with those civs. And if opponent makes couple mistakes like Kaiser did in that game, it is very easy to win.

1st, if the difference between 80f and 85f is that much irrelevant why would you revert it to 85f? just for 5food? your last sentence explains enough, you hope for enemy to make mistakes so you can win a game as ports.
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
GameRanger ID: 5529322

02 Jun 2019, 18:01

Looks like I was colonel back then, so I don't see how that proves anything about ports
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Forum Info

Return to “General”