Asian Wonders

United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Asian Wonders

Post by IGNDontay »

Seems this question will go unanswered for a long time.

For European or Warchief civilizations you can cancel a players age up by sieging their town center but for asian civs you have to siege the wonder as it’s being built.

My question is - how much siege exactly does it require to stop a wonder from going up? And does each age have the same siege deficit?

Sometimes there will be enough siege damage and the wonder will go down before going up, denying the age up for the asian civ and giving them their resources back, and other times it will get up while being sieged and have its full hp so;

Basically how much siege attack/damage does it take to stop a wonder from going up? And do the age I, II, III, IV, & V, wonders all take the same amount of damage or different amounts of siege damage to stop the wonder from being built and deny the age up?

Exact siege damage is what I’m looking for, not personal experience, theories or hypothesis. I want concrete.
If anyone knows how to find this info in the game files you will do the community a service of knowledge.

It was mentioned it auto heals - but then what’s the heal rate? Is it the same for each age? Is it an incremental heal rate or a flat rate? How much does a single villager on the wonder add to the “heal rate”? For instance if the wonder was about to be sieged down with enough siege damage on it and you wanted to slap 8 settler on it just to make sure you get up, that would be priceless knowledge to have to be able to surmise this but one can’t simply seeing as it’s ‘built-in’ to the game mechanics. That answer only leaves more questions. I’m looking for numbers and stats from game files, boys.

Troll Disclaimer:
Whether someone thinks to plan to add the information into strategy, someone thinks it’s a bad move, or someone wants to simply have the game knowledge for the sake of liking aoe, and wanting to know more about the mechanics it will be good to have the information out there (I haven’t seen it anywhere).
Is there even an answer for this question that can be found in the game files, or maybe it’ll have to be tested in-game.

edit/ sorry if this is the wrong place for this post & I know a lot of you will be dying to reply your opinions on sieging a wonder while it’s going up but this is looking for facts and numbers not your opinions, thank you.
You can’t read me I don’t play by the book.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Asian Wonders

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

It heals automatically. You need a pretty big army to deal more damage than it heals. There's no exact value as the wonder heals itself while aging. The best way to slow down an ageup to the fortress age is to kill the villagers on the wonder and idle them in the town center. Sieging the wonder is a waste of time and resources in most cases.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

It always feels like about 30 uncontested muskets if the wonder just dropped.
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

In cases i’ve been in or more specifically, the one that raised this question is; I had the town center idled, and took out his colonial semi-army and then started to siege his fortress wonder uncontested. It still went up with more than 20 units sieging and he then shipped units to repel me and save the wonder. If I knew the exact siege needed to take a wonder out before it can go up then I could have made the educated move and done something else because I would know my siege potential wasn’t great enough. Like saved some units from dying to TC fire just for the wonder to still go up, or siege the TC/houses/ instead, /etc etc because denying an age up by siege really throws off a players game plan, and if they don’t have any military building yet or if you pop-cap them before being/while they’re idled they’d have few ways to spend the resources they get back beside market/trying to age again/concede etc of course but besides the point. The point is still how much siege damage is needed to deny a wonder from completion regardless of opinion on doing so.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Siegeing the tc and depriving him from resources and shipment point is better.
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

Sargsyan wrote:Siegeing the tc and depriving him from resources and shipment point is better.

The question wasn’t what’s better. The question is still how much siege damage is needed to deny a wonder from completion regardless of opinion on doing so.
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

yemshi wrote:It always feels like about 30 uncontested muskets if the wonder just dropped.

Thank you for your actually relevant comment. Is this feel for the fortress wonder or just any wonder that’s being sieged while it’s being auto-built without villagers on it?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

IGNDontay wrote:The question is still how much siege damage is needed to deny a wonder from completion regardless of opinion on doing so.

Already answered by Bram; how much siege is needed depends on how fast you siege it, because it heals.
Mr_Bramboy wrote:It heals automatically. You need a pretty big army to deal more damage than it heals. There's no exact value as the wonder heals itself while aging. The best way to slow down an ageup to the fortress age is to kill the villagers on the wonder and idle them in the town center. Sieging the wonder is a waste of time and resources in most cases.

Technically you need just 5k damage (or whatever hp the specific wonder has) to siege a wonder down, assuming you can deal that damage instantly (petards).
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
IGNDontay wrote:The question is still how much siege damage is needed to deny a wonder from completion regardless of opinion on doing so.

Already answered by Bram; how much siege is needed depends on how fast you siege it, because it heals.
Mr_Bramboy wrote:It heals automatically. You need a pretty big army to deal more damage than it heals. There's no exact value as the wonder heals itself while aging. The best way to slow down an ageup to the fortress age is to kill the villagers on the wonder and idle them in the town center. Sieging the wonder is a waste of time and resources in most cases.

Technically you need just 5k damage (or whatever hp the specific wonder has) to siege a wonder down, assuming you can deal that damage instantly (petards).

I guess I am asking for too much of a detailed answer than can be given atm or I’m not expressing the intention of my question clearly enough to get the answers i’m looking for? Either way thank you for being on topic and replying relevantly.
It makes sense you’d need to siege faster than it ‘heals’ to take it down before it goes up but that only answers half of the question then doesn’t it? Since we now need to know the rate of ‘healing’ to be able to know how many units or how many types of which unit are needed to siege fast enough to take it down simply for the purpose of knowing. I’ve had armies with artillery behind them that didn’t have enough siege to stop a wonder from going up and I’ve had pure infantry take a wonder down before it could finish so i’m not seeing the exact science(mechanic) which is what i’m trying to grasp and understand. There are no videos on it on the internet :-(
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

Wonders.. goin up? Seige the houses and tcs.
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

The healing rate is constant, not sure of the exact number but probably something like 50hp a second?
Also monster trucks can't kill a wonder while it's being built provided there is nothing else in the area to deal damage to.
oranges.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Spoken like a true cheater
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

Aizamk wrote:The healing rate is constant, not sure of the exact number but probably something like 50hp a second?
Also monster trucks can't kill a wonder while it's being built provided there is nothing else in the area to deal damage to.

I’d expect you to be knowledgeable on a such off normal subject :-D thanks for the information. that’s insane a monster truck doesn’t take one out. This could definitely be nice to know “exacts” about. i’ll look into it if no one else does or has. it seems though if villagers are building the wonder (if one was to ignore them) it would be nearly impossible to siege it down considering the “auto heal” on top of villagers. idk if there’s s high enough siege in the game. maybe two trucks lol
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Brit grenadiers can pull a wonder down even with 8 vills building so idk the exact amount or how it is calculated but it is somewhere in the 1000s
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Do we even know villagers affect the heal rate? I would assume it might just be constant.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Villagers do not affect the heal rate, just like how villagers don't heal buildings as they're building.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Italy Mosx
Dragoon
ESO: Mosx

Post by Mosx »

I lost a wonder age up to 4 yesterday by 30 musk or less dunno I think they were 30
op mechanics, op build order :export: :coin: :ugly: :uglylol: :maniac:

https://www.twitch.tv/mosxgr
India Outlaw0125
Crossbow
ESO: Outlaw0125

Post by Outlaw0125 »

I have seen oprichniks, grens and arty take down wonders in construction. The healing rate is in the 1000s lol. Its hard to knock it down

-outlaw
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

8 pikes is enough to make it low hp and have it damaged when done
Image Image Image
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

Garja wrote:8 pikes is enough to make it low hp and have it damaged when done

i’ve never seen a wonder have less than full HP after going up because it was being sieged while going up :-/
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

IGNDontay wrote:

i’ve never seen a wonder have less than full HP after going up because it was being sieged while going up :-/

then you know nothing about age of empires 3

ive never seen australia - it must not exist
Dragoon

Post by IGNDontay »

deleted_user wrote:
IGNDontay wrote:

I almost replied to you as if all you are isn’t a troll trolling. and also just realized garja is a troll also.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

IGNDontay wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I almost replied to you as if all you are isn’t a troll trolling.

We are all trolls on this blesséd day
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

you definitely need a lot of siege to deny age up. Considering you can take down the town center much easier than the wonder, it's never worth sieging a wonder that's being built.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I disagree sort of with the above statement in certain circumstances. Denying an ageup vs a civ with powerful military shipments that have multiple shipment points (china, agra for india) I'd rather attempt to force them to stay colonial than have a stupid urumi/redcoats pop from a nearby village. Like, japan yeah ignore the stupid wonder but denying the ageup to china is almost essential when you consider that 3-5 villages anywhere can receive shipments regardless of tc. Heck half the time China can play for a long time without a tc since the units are cheap and the shipments are spammy