Asian Wonders

United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Re: Asian Wonders

Post by IGNDontay »

dansil92 wrote:I disagree sort of with the above statement in certain circumstances. Denying an ageup vs a civ with powerful military shipments that have multiple shipment points (china, agra for india) I'd rather attempt to force them to stay colonial than have a stupid urumi/redcoats pop from a nearby village. Like, japan yeah ignore the stupid wonder but denying the ageup to china is almost essential when you consider that 3-5 villages anywhere can receive shipments regardless of tc. Heck half the time China can play for a long time without a tc since the units are cheap and the shipments are spammy

people like tendere don’t use their brain. they just see me post and quick maths up the most ignorant counter reply they can. usually not even on topic.

You’re absolutely right here though, dansil92. It would be nice to know the exacts of these mechanics so we could implement them into meta or at least just have the knowledge at disposal for the sake of knowing more about the game.
Denying an age for certain asian civilizations is definitely more beneficial than others. It can simply be gg if you siege the wonder and it goes down at the right time.
They won’t be able to spend the resources they get back fast enough in most cases and most of the time theyre waiting for a shipment to provide counter pressure to the timing they’re going to be expecting. And without that wonder going up and the shipments being available it would result in gg (circumstantially). Still - I hope this thread gets noteriery and someone makes the effort to check files. I would but have no clue how or where or what to look for :-/
You can’t read me I don’t play by the book.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

I am gonna check a couple files and see if i can find anything, if not ill do some testing amd see what the result is. I absolutely know 3 or 4 siege elephants delay an ageup wonder really easily so its somewhere less than that but more than a dozen musks... which is quite a large difference in siege.

I do think vills building makes a difference only because it goes up faster, meaning you need more siege to get it down on time but not because it heals faster.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

IGNDontay wrote:
dansil92 wrote:I disagree sort of with the above statement in certain circumstances. Denying an ageup vs a civ with powerful military shipments that have multiple shipment points (china, agra for india) I'd rather attempt to force them to stay colonial than have a stupid urumi/redcoats pop from a nearby village. Like, japan yeah ignore the stupid wonder but denying the ageup to china is almost essential when you consider that 3-5 villages anywhere can receive shipments regardless of tc. Heck half the time China can play for a long time without a tc since the units are cheap and the shipments are spammy

people like tendere don’t use their brain. they just see me post and quick maths up the most ignorant counter reply they can. usually not even on topic.

You’re absolutely right here though, dansil92. It would be nice to know the exacts of these mechanics so we could implement them into meta or at least just have the knowledge at disposal for the sake of knowing more about the game.
Denying an age for certain asian civilizations is definitely more beneficial than others. It can simply be gg if you siege the wonder and it goes down at the right time.
They won’t be able to spend the resources they get back fast enough in most cases and most of the time theyre waiting for a shipment to provide counter pressure to the timing they’re going to be expecting. And without that wonder going up and the shipments being available it would result in gg (circumstantially). Still - I hope this thread gets noteriery and someone makes the effort to check files. I would but have no clue how or where or what to look for :-/

I don't think denying age up for asian civs is that good of a strat actually, mostly because of the strats that the civs tend to use.

Japan and India are both civs that would try to fight in age 2.

India for the most part would try to keep you in age 2 where they can go sepoys/cav or skirm goon in age 2, allowing them to dominate and would only go age 3 if they are already ahead, so the age up will be the least of your problems.

Japan likes to turtle up and boom, so they also like to fight in age 2 with speedy ashigaru that can also do musket raids. going for the wonder to stop the age up also mean going through a heavily defended base that requires a sort of all in approach which will cost you dearly. If you are already ahead of japan then just starve them and destroy the base.

One could argue that going for the wonder works for China but I would argue that pressuring China and consuming their shipments works just as well or even better. China is strongest when the shipments results in a mass of units that can deathball. So by pressuring China and say a) making them build the confucian academy for age 3 b) send an age 2 defensive shipment and making sure that you kill them as they come out then you can defeat them. I have lost to this so many times.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

That is, china will always build their age 3 wonder behind their TCs. You send your troops deeply into their base, killing a 5000 hp building while their minutement and TC are firing at you: this is dangerous.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

IGNDontay wrote:

@tedere12 use brain
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America IGNDontay
Dragoon
ESO: Dontay

Post by IGNDontay »

helln00 wrote:
IGNDontay wrote:

I don't think denying age up for asian civs is that good of a strat actually, mostly because of the strats that the civs tend to use.

Japan and India are both civs that would try to fight in age 2.

India for the most part would try to keep you in age 2 where they can go sepoys/cav or skirm goon in age 2, allowing them to dominate and would only go age 3 if they are already ahead, so the age up will be the least of your problems.

Japan likes to turtle up and boom, so they also like to fight in age 2 with speedy ashigaru that can also do musket raids. going for the wonder to stop the age up also mean going through a heavily defended base that requires a sort of all in approach which will cost you dearly. If you are already ahead of japan then just starve them and destroy the base.

One could argue that going for the wonder works for China but I would argue that pressuring China and consuming their shipments works just as well or even better. China is strongest when the shipments results in a mass of units that can deathball. So by pressuring China and say a) making them build the confucian academy for age 3 b) send an age 2 defensive shipment and making sure that you kill them as they come out then you can defeat them. I have lost to this so many times.

[spoiler=spoiler][/spoiler]Troll Disclaimer:
Whether someone thinks to plan to add the information into strategy, someone thinks it’s a bad move, or someone wants to simply have the game knowledge for the sake of liking aoe, and wanting to know more about the mechanics it will be good to have the information out there (I haven’t seen it anywhere).
    We could
go in circles all day about what if’s and potential strategies to deny hypothetical builds or what would be better to do in every situation, situationally in hypothetical games lol but this is a fact post not opinion so please provide insight on the topic not opinions on why it’s not good to you if you can. Thank you
You can’t read me I don’t play by the book.