What new implementations do you expect for aeo3 de?

No Flag Ting
Crossbow

Re: What new implementations do you expect for aeo3 de?

Post by Ting »

Gichtenlord wrote:Summary of a few new information about aoe3:de from an interview with creative director Adam Isgreen on a german gaming website:

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/age-of- ... 45371.html

TLDR:
- widescreen support
- 4k graphics
- improved ui
- QoL/gameplay improvements
- Apparantely they are working off a list of desired changes made by the community.
- Release 2020 on steam and microsoft store

Why do they keep hiding such information behind german media outlets instead of releasing it worldwide? It's not only in the public interest, but also their interest to offer this information which would convince people to buy a new edition. Why germans all the time?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Ting wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:Summary of a few new information about aoe3:de from an interview with creative director Adam Isgreen on a german gaming website:

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/age-of- ... 45371.html

TLDR:
- widescreen support
- 4k graphics
- improved ui
- QoL/gameplay improvements
- Apparantely they are working off a list of desired changes made by the community.
- Release 2020 on steam and microsoft store

Why do they keep hiding such information behind german media outlets instead of releasing it worldwide? It's not only in the public interest, but also their interest to offer this information which would convince people to buy a new edition. Why germans all the time?

I don't know why, but Aoe2 has quite a large casual scene in Germany. I wouldn't say that they "hide" it, rather international gaming websites not having enough interest in the aoe franchise at all
r]
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

It's funny since they consider a smaller UI the biggest feature, something only demanded by aoe3 haters who aren't able to use settings.

Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Was something wrong with the UI at the release or what?
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Imperial Noob wrote:Was something wrong with the UI at the release or what?

Aoe2 players complain about how close zoom is, they say you can't barely see game.

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Which is very true at the default game settings.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I can’t wait for it to come and it’s gonna be shit

Will be fun to see the reaction
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Which is very true at the default game settings.

Default UI settings are a clusterfuck tbh. No unit queue, no gatherers per resources, no number of idle vills, maximized UI, the zoom, hidden score, hidden game time and there's probably more shit like that. It makes me a bit sad that most people that pick up the game never end up fixing it.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Couldn't agree more, like 90% of the toggles should be other way around than they are by default. It's really sad how garbage the defaults are, because there are so many people who play casual and never even check the settings to realize everything is wrong :sad:
No Flag Ting
Crossbow

Post by Ting »

Yeah I remember when I first played the game and was horrified by how big the HUD was, like more than 1/3rd my screen, which was a CRT doing 1024*768 or 1280*1024 max I think. Can't remember if they patched the small HUD option later or it was there from beginning.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I would really like a hotkey to ping locations in AoE3 DE
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Deep down I dream of native Linux support...
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Seeing this new aoe 2 de gave me a lot of hope for the aoe 3!! The AI will apparently will be using builds that people use on tournaments, so I would love to see something like that being used on aoe 3 DE too!! It would be great to practice certain match ups u don't get to play too often
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Luciofrancosi wrote:Seeing this new aoe 2 de gave me a lot of hope for the aoe 3!! The AI will apparently will be using builds that people use on tournaments, so I would love to see something like that being used on aoe 3 DE too!! It would be great to practice certain match ups u don't get to play too often

Piroshiki 2.0
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

Luciofrancosi wrote:Seeing this new aoe 2 de gave me a lot of hope for the aoe 3!! The AI will apparently will be using builds that people use on tournaments, so I would love to see something like that being used on aoe 3 DE too!! It would be great to practice certain match ups u don't get to play too often

That sounds cool but I hope there's still an option for the handicap eco, brainless, never-ending waves AI because I can't be the only one who enjoys doing a 1v3 zombie-defense-style skirmish now and then when my internet's down.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

The AI in age 2 DE already does build orders that mimic actual players, the hardest is meant to be something like 1600 ELO so something like pr20 iirc.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

Riotcoke wrote:The AI in age 2 DE already does build orders that mimic actual players, the hardest is meant to be something like 1600 ELO so something like pr20 iirc.

but can it build 120 halberdiers?
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Y'all got alzheimer's. You people are forgetting the fact that they were supposed release to AoE 4 by now. Idk why they're even remastering AoE 2 when there's already one. It's going to be the same AoE 2 but in 4K, maybe with some minor changes and an additional single player campaign for its full game price's sake. It's possibly going to be the same with AoE 3 DE. I can say it is worth making, if it is given as a free update to the current version of AoE 3. They are going to put a shit amount of price tags for the same games in 4K. Come on guys, we all know about the Microsoft (now Xbox) game studios' bullshittery. Is this what we really want?

Just look when the announce trailer was released

Look at the goddamn precious comments lol

oranges.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

_RDX_ wrote:Y'all got alzheimer's. You people are forgetting the fact that they were supposed release to AoE 4 by now. Idk why they're even remastering AoE 2 when there's already one. It's going to be the same AoE 2 but in 4K, maybe with some minor changes and an additional single player campaign for its full game price's sake. It's possibly going to be the same with AoE 3 DE. I can say it is worth making, if it is given as a free update to the current version of AoE 3. They are going to put a shit amount of price tags for the same games in 4K. Come on guys, we all know about the Microsoft (now Xbox) game studios' bullshittery. Is this what we really want?

Just look when the announce trailer was released

Look at the goddamn precious comments lol

I mean who cares about spending ÂŁ15 on a game that you'll likely play for hundreds of hours?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Id rather they’d spend me time on it to make a good game
United States of America Vickyxxx5528
Skirmisher
ESO: Kikk

Post by Vickyxxx5528 »

I don't know if anyone has said this before... I really think they need Mic/headset compatibility so players can talk in game to each other like other games. For Aoe4 really. I would say maybe a official New Elo site for Aoe3 DE. I know ESOC did well to do there own. A Elo site that is advertised in game so more of the community can access it.
The Otto Lamer Girl

“Yes yes I Otto lame!
Cos when I win with another civ, it’s not the same!
When the TC’s down, vills runin-round,
It will make you so mad to change game!”
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Riotcoke wrote:
I mean who cares about spending ÂŁ15 on a game that you'll likely play for hundreds of hours?

Yes, who cares about spending money on a same game that they already played more than years. Isn't that right? I guess you're that rich. I'm just saying that instead of making all this failure remakes (AoE 1 DE actually sucks), They could have concentrated on making AoE 4 and releasing it as soon as possible because we'll be getting a brand new game with new content. Aren't you excited for that? The delay is mostly due to these remakes. And the publisher only cares about their Xbox titles and money.
oranges.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

_RDX_ wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

Yes, who cares about spending money on a same game that they already played more than years. Isn't that right? I guess you're that rich. I'm just saying that instead of making all this failure remakes (AoE 1 DE actually sucks), They could have concentrated on making AoE 4 and releasing it as soon as possible because we'll be getting a brand new game with new content. Aren't you excited for that? The delay is mostly due to these remakes. And the publisher only cares about their Xbox titles and money.

The delay isn't due to the remakes, different studios are making the remakes than the actual game. Also De doesn't suck, it did on release but not now.

In regards to you saying it's a waste of money, think about how much better of an experience it should be with major bugs fixed and balancing to the game all for 15 dollars, which is what not even an hour's work for most people?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Isle of Man UpMySleeves
Dragoon
GameRanger ID: 7309280

Post by UpMySleeves »

_RDX_ wrote:Yes, who cares about spending money on a same game that they already played more than years. Isn't that right? I guess you're that rich.

Hahahhahahahaha! I guess I’ve been swimming in money all this time. :coin: :coin: :kinggreen: :coin: :coin: :coin: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead