Ruyters
27%
Goons
73%

Total votes: 48

No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

20 Jun 2019, 23:56

Just curious what everybody thinks; you can interpret this any way you want (please share though), such as "if I were dutch, would I like goons more", or "if I was French, would I like ryuters more?"
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

20 Jun 2019, 23:57

lategame goons, early/midgame ruyters 100%
No Flag Djigit
Lancer

20 Jun 2019, 23:59

Ruyters. 1 pop baby
Emperor of
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02

21 Jun 2019, 00:04

I think you mistyped "Garja" after G.
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

21 Jun 2019, 00:06

Hazza54321 wrote:lategame goons, early/midgame ruyters 100%

Why?
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

21 Jun 2019, 00:09

Because ruyters have better dps and are more massable in midgame, but dragoons are overall better especially because of 20% vs 10% rr.
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

21 Jun 2019, 00:18

Is it also because it's easier to control 50 goons rather than 100 ruyters?
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
GameRanger ID: 5529322

21 Jun 2019, 00:28

On RE pretty sure goons are a bit better because of 30% rr.
On EP ruyters feel stronger though. They just seem to dps cav faster and they're harder to snipe with skirms (because of overkill). While goons aren't very tanky at range
sirmusket: https://imgur.com/phZoCw6
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Gendarme
Donator 04

21 Jun 2019, 03:06

Ruyters are strangely considered "OP" in the Basement meta
There's sand in my teeth
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

21 Jun 2019, 07:34

On the RE goons are definitely better, on EP it's close.
Germany lordraphael
Jaeger
EWTNWC LAN SilverDonator 01

21 Jun 2019, 12:59

Overall I'd go with ruyts. Early on they are easier to mass and harder to snipe because of overkill, later on they are more pop efficient. That being said goons might still have a slight edge in the late game.
They also seem to be slightly more attack move friendly
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

21 Jun 2019, 13:17

lordraphael wrote:Overall I'd go with ruyts. Early on they are easier to mass and harder to snipe because of overkill, later on they are more pop efficient. That being said goons might still have a slight edge in the late game.
They also seem to be slightly more attack move friendly

Is this also on RE, or just EP?
United States of America Squamiger
Skirmisher
ESO: Squamiger

21 Jun 2019, 15:21

I feel like low-pop, low HP units are always better than high-pop, high hp units bc of overkill and the more stuff rule. That is, until you get to REAlLY high hp units like howdahs
ajabu ya kondoo kucheka kioo
No Flag ovi12
Jaeger

21 Jun 2019, 15:25

Squamiger wrote:I feel like low-pop, low HP units are always better than high-pop, high hp units bc of overkill and the more stuff rule. That is, until you get to REAlLY high hp units like howdahs

Yeah, but on the other hand, the argument about about more expensive units is that their damage drops off slower since they die more rarely.
United States of America Squamiger
Skirmisher
ESO: Squamiger

21 Jun 2019, 15:34

ovi12 wrote:
Squamiger wrote:I feel like low-pop, low HP units are always better than high-pop, high hp units bc of overkill and the more stuff rule. That is, until you get to REAlLY high hp units like howdahs

Yeah, but on the other hand, the argument about about more expensive units is that their damage drops off slower since they die more rarely.

Sure, but in a fortress age fight, usually your opponent has enough skirms to one shot a goon. Unless they are a micro god, they are also gonna use those same skirms to one shot a ruyter. So resources invested into Ruyters will last longer and therefore do more damage than an equal amount of res invested into goons
ajabu ya kondoo kucheka kioo
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01

21 Jun 2019, 15:38

It takes 7 or 8 skirm shots to 1 shot a ruyter so in large armies its harder to split fire. Also ruyters are clumped up so its easy to misclick
Canada dansil92
Lancer
ESO: dansil92

22 Jun 2019, 02:37

I personally favor ruyters most of the time. Taking one pop reduces your wood dependence and the lack of a significant range resist seems to be curtailed by the overkill factor. Ruyters play a bit more like a goon/musk hybrid and synergize well with both artillery and skirmishers, while ordinary dragoons are often difficult to pair with artillery due to population demands.

Also, ruyters are so incredibly cheap for their effectiveness. If i could get ruyters as russia with vet strelets...
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Great Britain Jeedos
Crossbow
ESO: GodofSquishy

22 Jun 2019, 11:34

EP: Ruyters
RE: Goons.
'I meme so' - British Longbowman.

Favourite civs; Dutch/Spanish.

Forum Info

Return to “General”