Sioux vs Japan RE

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Sioux vs Japan RE

Post by Ashvin »

I have been playing sioux a lot lately and stumbled upon this match up which I thought was heavily Japan favoured because of their eco. I managed to win somehow, but i know it wasn't because I was good rather he played it bad, didn't trade his units cost efficiently and got his army killed without doing any significant damage (except for some raids which were quite good).

My thought process in this match up was to keep training as many axe riders as i can because relatively japan is weak against cav and axe riders have more than decent siege while age up to get access to wakina rifles and then adapt from there.

But I do not know if it is the right way so here I am, wanted to know if I could have done anything better(strategy wise, I know my execution was bad) and what to expect when against a better jap player in this MU.

EDIT: hi @princeofcarthage
Attachments
[RE SP] Yamato23[JP] vs Ashvin[SI] - Great Plains.age3yrec
(635.02 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Great Plains
Great Plains
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 35 minutes
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Sioux vs Japan RE

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

The best way is to semi ff and hit the 16 min DS timing. You want to use the siege dance to kill the walls, and try to kill his army.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Its gp with shit herds and against sioux, thats why you won :maniac: :uglylol:
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:The best way is to semi ff and hit the 16 min DS timing. You want to use the siege dance to kill the walls, and try to kill his army.

axe rider heavy?

Sargsyan wrote:Its gp with shit herds and against sioux, thats why you won :maniac: :uglylol:

You clearly didnt watch the rec, hunt was the reason i lost 15 of my vills
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Baited
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Not really, you will have the DS, so you only need a few ars, mostly brs.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

vs jap? go almost pure wakina AR BR only if he nagis, and actually RR are better if you can afford them
Image Image Image
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Garja wrote:vs jap? go almost pure wakina AR BR only if he nagis, and actually RR are better if you can afford them

I usually ship both RR cards and then dont train them at all because they cost too much on my eco :(

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not really, you will have the DS, so you only need a few ars, mostly brs.

I dont like to train brs because jap relies heavily on yumi so it would be a waste, no?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye jap stronger and more spammable units are infantry. No point in making ranged cav when there is no cav, since their base stats usually just inferior per cost to those of other units (they rely on the multiplier vs cav).
BR stats are not very different than those of actual musks so it's slightly better than making goons, but still they're hard countered by yumi and in any case you do really need lot of hand cav to deal with mass infantry. Also axe work as anticav to some extent since nagi are more of lancer type.
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

RR better vs Japs than BR.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

AR wakina with dog button and rr shipments
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Ashvin wrote:
Garja wrote:vs jap? go almost pure wakina AR BR only if he nagis, and actually RR are better if you can afford them

I usually ship both RR cards and then dont train them at all because if they cost too much on my eco :(

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Not really, you will have the DS, so you only need a few ars, mostly brs.

I dont like to train brs because jap relies heavily on yumi so it would be a waste, no?

If Japan goes for a lot of yumis, then go for a lot of ars of course, but most jap go heavy on ashi. In this case, DS+brs+wakina will be enough.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:The best way is to semi ff and hit the 16 min DS timing. You want to use the siege dance to kill the walls, and try to kill his army.

You'd wait 16 min as sioux vs japs? And on RE, with 3000 hp walls and garbage sioux eco? No way that works
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

@Ashvin I will never forgive you for letting someone smurf me on your account.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Kaiserklein wrote:

You'd wait 16 min as sioux vs japs? And on RE, with 3000 hp walls and garbage sioux eco? No way that works

It kinda depends on if there's stagecoach available and how well you contain the shrines / deny mines and stuff like that.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I mean by that time he can be age 4 with bastion and a ton of yumis lol, you have to push earlier than that
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor

Post by Ashvin »

Kaiserklein wrote:

I don't think it will be all 16 mins no action play. With ar sieging shrines Sioux can force a fight and put leash on jap eco
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Yes, you should of course siege the shrines and rape his army if he goes out of his base. The siege dance timing is with the DS however, it can be either 14min or 16min.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol, I don't even play japan, but I'd be willing to play RE japs anytime vs this sioux style
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Kaiserklein wrote:Lol, I don't even play japan, but I'd be willing to play RE japs anytime vs this sioux style

I think you’d be surprised
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yea that kind of timing can be very very hard for jap to hold. Thats why on re i prefer to just rush soiux.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

What does RE mean? I know the official patch is meant, but exactly does RE mean?
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

Robot Entertainment, the developers last officially in charge
mad cuz bad
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Mameluke wrote:What does RE mean? I know the official patch is meant, but exactly does RE mean?

It's the sound ESOCians make when playing on the patch. REeeeeeeeeee!

N0el gave the correct answer, btw
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mitoe wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Lol, I don't even play japan, but I'd be willing to play RE japs anytime vs this sioux style

I think you’d be surprised

Let's play it soon