How do i just 'improve'?

India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

How do i just 'improve'?

Post by _RDX_ »

Well, you can say that i am having a cry to win or any other bullshit. Just wanna know that how do i just get to the 'always win part'? I watched about 1000+ recs and live streams, practiced a lot and still i lose continuously. Even playing 10 games per day doesn't do the job. I even tried watching my mistakes from recs and try to reduce them as much as possible. I want to become a big player, meet the current big players and play with them, I want to participate in competitions that people could watch me in livestreams. I read as much as guides possible, tried every civ, tried new BOs. I feel like the time i invested in this game is a complete waste. Now, i'm not crying, I'm so desperate to win. But idk i can't do that why. What hurts is.... people who started to play after me are way better than i am(even recently, from Jan 2019), they beat me very badly. That forced me to open the thread 'Is selling ESO accounts illegal?' where i actually wanted to sell my ESO accounts. I spent 7 years on this game but i end up wanting to sell my ESO accounts every time. People don't even want to buy my accounts, they instead argue some bullshit saying that i didn't play enough but only i'll know what it is spending 16 hours in a day playing this game. So cut the crap and just tell me, how?
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: How do i just 'improve'?

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

If you fix your macro, you'll reach pr30, I can tell you that.

Watch some relevant recs, and try to copy the build orders. You're probably going to tell me that you're already doing that, but the truth is that you aren't.
I play against pr30 opponents quite often, and I know that at 7min-7min30, they're already 20 sec late on the execution, and that's huge.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You have to grind. All the top players went through long periods of time where they played the game probably 4+ hours a day almost every single day. There's also a point where natural skill comes into effect. Some people will improve quicker than others and people do have skill ceilings, although I don't see why anyone who puts in the time couldn't get to at least lt colonel or so and probably higher
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Macro and know when to fight and when not to fight. Always having 2-3 cav raiding will also help.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

And... Playing is not the same as practicing. When you play now, you basically just keep repeating your bad habbits. The more you do that, the worse you get.
Years ago I was the equivalent of MS in 9 ball pool. I desperately wanted to become PR40+ so I hired a coach. The first thing he taught me was to STOP PLAYING ASAP!

He then made me shoot straight-in shots for 2-3 hours a day for 2 months. 6 months later I was running racks like a bawss.

When I watch AoE3 streams, I see the top players using all kinds of hotkeys, etc in order to speed up their execution. My bet is that you don't have any setup that allow you to speed up your execution.

Maybe it's time to stop playing 1v1's and start by learning basic hotkey setup.
[Sith] - Baphomet
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

stop throwing units......just wait for a timing n attack.
:nwc:
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Post by Zeke »

In the level of MS, you probably should just lame with 12 sepoys +2 hero to ur opponents' tc in 5:30
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

I don't mean to disrespect but thank you all for giving these tips. I understood that this game requires a special skill which i don't. I already did what you ppl say or i can't. Thank you very much @Diarouga for reading my posts when no one gave a shit. I apologize to all the members of this community to whom i behaved badly and i wish them good luck. I felt happy being a part of this community. I am sad to say that I am quitting this game for my good and everyone's good because i don't deserve playing it. Who knows? Maybe i'll meet you on AoE 4, if it releases. Until then, good bye. Thank you for your time.
oranges.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Mind selling your account to me?
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

10 games a day means maybe about 2 hours a day? I dont know about AOE, but in other games you need to play much more to get to highest lvl unless youre a genius.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

Watch high level player streams and then watch your recorded game. If you don't find at least 5 points to improve, then you don't know enough yet.
If your problem isn't rank decay then you either haven't played enough yet, or you haven't spent enough energy to improve. I was stuck at a masterserg. rank for quite some time, because i didn't care about my age up time and macro and literally wasted ~15 sec every game on the start. PR30+ is for people who are willing to spend a lot of time, want to improve and have some good apm. But even without amazing skill you should be able to reach a captain level at least at some point. If you know how to make a constant stream of units you should be able to win against most of the 2nd lt.

[spoiler=x]Why did i even write this? - you start a thread and then you say you want to quit again ;) anyway gl[/spoiler]
India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Post by Shikari »

One thing which no one said here is your brain health. Quiet obvious but sleep already for 8hrs a day (no deviding if in afternoon and night seperatly. Wake up and sleep at the same time every day. Circadian rhythm is the key. And ofcourse exercise and eat healthy. That way you can be sure you are learning and getting better at the game faster than an inefficient tired game. I always play good when i have a good sleep.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

it's impossible. I gave up
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Don't listen to tedere.

If you smurf on a lower-rated player's account, you've improved.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Honestly I understand why you made this, but people are giving you tips and you're just ignoring them while going onto crying and saying you're quitting. What is the point of making a thread asking for help if you just dismiss what people are saying ?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Post a recorded game and people can analyze your mistakes. Since you're a sergeant, the macro is most likely the biggest issue.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

play this game to have fun, man. if you are breaking down crying and investing so much time and then getting frustrated, then yea i would recommend doing something else with your time. but if you just change your mindset a little bit you can have a lot of fun in this game even as a lower level. I'm only pr24 but I have a good time, i know I'm never gonna be facing off vs kaiser in a tournament or anything bc i just don't care enough to invest that much time, but I still have a blast watching the streams and playing in SamuraiRev's low level tourneys and doing random 1v1s and teamgames and ffa.

at the end of the day, its just a game. its really cool that some people have taken the skill level so far, but ultimately if that's not for you, that's ok
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

1. You need a good pc (smooth game).
2. Then get a good internet connection
3. Stream using high tech webcams.. become a mediocre game analyst.
4. Organise tournaments
5. Get popular
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Frost Bite wrote:1. You need a good pc (smooth game).
2. Then get a good internet connection
3. Stream using high tech webcams.. become a mediocre game analyst.
4. Organise tournaments
5. Get popular

6. Become a low level streamer

You will have fun for sure, but you won't become a top player.
India Frost Bite
Dragoon

Post by Frost Bite »

Try to play in ep patch? Ive played with desperate pros who were looking for a game in ep patch.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

You found games on EP at pr 20?

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
India Frost Bite
Dragoon

Post by Frost Bite »

Pr 24.
Argentina RFijo
Crossbow
ESO: RFijo
GameRanger ID: 2007595

Post by RFijo »

stop lamming india and u improve your skills dealing with india lamers
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

Riotcoke wrote:Honestly I understand why you made this, but people are giving you tips and you're just ignoring them while going onto crying and saying you're quitting. What is the point of making a thread asking for help if you just dismiss what people are saying ?

_RDX_ wrote:I don't mean to disrespect but thank you all for giving these tips. I understood that this game requires a special skill which i don't. I already did what you ppl say or i can't. Thank you very much @Diarouga for reading my posts when no one gave a shit. I apologize to all the members of this community to whom i behaved badly and i wish them good luck. I felt happy being a part of this community. I am sad to say that I am quitting this game for my good and everyone's good because i don't deserve playing it. Who knows? Maybe i'll meet you on AoE 4, if it releases. Until then, good bye. Thank you for your time.

I didn't dismiss what they said, I'm saying that I may not have enough skill to do what they say and I never cried when bad things happened to me, I always laugh at my situation, That's what makes me who i am. If i can't improve, well then screw it, i'll laugh at myself and just move on with another game like Dota 2 and wait for AoE 4. I'm deeply inspired by Charlie Chaplin :love: .

supahons wrote:Why did i even write this? - you start a thread and then you say you want to quit again ;) anyway gl

Don't worry, I'm quitting this time for sure, I mean it.

RFijo wrote:stop lamming india and u improve your skills dealing with india lamers

No, I don't think i 'lamme' with india, i'm just good with that civ. I also play brits and dutch and dealt with india and otto lamers(of my level). Well it is useless talking about it now. I'm over.
oranges.
India _RDX_
Lancer

Post by _RDX_ »

I can see so many triggered ppl with a lot of toxicity. idk, Is saying 'I felt happy for being part of this community' wrong? Is bidding a 'good bye' wrong?
oranges.