Retired Contributor

Re: Two Town Supremacy

Post by Goodspeed »

He must have not given it even a single thought picking India with those rules
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

He still took it on the chin, admitted his loss and congratulated his opponent. Big respect.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I am convinced more and more that Ceylon, Indonesia, The Caribbean, Honshu and now New England feel the most right for the game. There is always the exploration element and a mind game element with navies. I think that right now EP should aim to make all civs viable on water. Add a unique card or two to some civs if necessary.

Two Town Patch would be too costly, but maybe something can be done to make the Nomad start an option?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Nomad start sounds kinda interesting as long as you don't have to walk your covered wagon to your starting position, delaying your start. In that case it's always better to just place it where you spawn.

You could implement a no-build time for 1 minute so players have the time to pick their perfect spot. Still, I wonder how much would change from a normal start.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Nomad is pretty pointless. Even if you can’t place the TC for the first minute it’s still kinda boring. Maybe if you randomized the map a bit more and granted full vision of the map (the way x marks the spot cheat code works) then it could be interesting. Would also be good if you deleted the first TC radius so players can unknowingly place TCs quite close to them, and also so players can’t deny entire TP lines by placing their TC on it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

bwinner1 wrote:This kind of ideas are interesting because you really need to prepare some builds. We have seen that people who hadn't builds prepared like raphael or myself stood no chance (That's why I was so fed up with the last second Otto ban).
However I prefered by far the double shipments SmackDown patch if we had to do this kind of stuff again. Mostly because here it's macro is top important while in 2xshipments you could do more interesting builds. Anyway for fuck sake don't change the rules just befor the tourney start.
Cry more about otto being banned please
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Was fun, I really enjoyed playing it, it's always nice to find some new builds in a new format.
Obviously though, it was super imbalanced. And I don't think the game would be very interesting if it was played like that all the time, it would just lead to a more greedy and passive playstyle, which imo is just more boring. The macro is definitely harder, but it's also much easier to defend any sort of pressure.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It would be fun if all civs could train all units
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Very nice format. You need to up your macro game alot which makes it kinda competitive. Balance is quite bad however but it still was refreshing experience eventhough I had no clue what I was doing and was missmacroed most of the time.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers