Great Britain TheZeroEmpires
Crossbow
ESO: ZeroEmpires

03 Jul 2019, 11:45

Hey, I thought I’d add some more info.

We have a green screen area which could be used for photos, but I’m unsure on how this will work exactly yet. The art wall is a great photo place though.

As for food, the others are right. British food has a bad reputation because British food itself isn’t particularly great. But I can assure you that brits love their food and probably eat food from other cultures more often than their own. We have a huge amount of multiculturalism here, in most towns you’ll find cuisines from Caribbean to Japanese, Romanian to Mexican, and usually cooked by people of those nationalities.
Australia Kawapasaka
Lancer
Donator 06
ESO: skirmisher1380

03 Jul 2019, 11:50

There is literally nothing wrong with British food.
United States of America Squamiger
Skirmisher
ESO: Squamiger

04 Jul 2019, 18:10

TheZeroEmpires wrote:Hey, I thought I’d add some more info.

We have a green screen area which could be used for photos, but I’m unsure on how this will work exactly yet. The art wall is a great photo place though.

As for food, the others are right. British food has a bad reputation because British food itself isn’t particularly great. But I can assure you that brits love their food and probably eat food from other cultures more often than their own. We have a huge amount of multiculturalism here, in most towns you’ll find cuisines from Caribbean to Japanese, Romanian to Mexican, and usually cooked by people of those nationalities.

but ive tried mexican food in the UK and it is garbage and completely different from what can get for half the price anywhere in the former Mexican states of the American west
ajabu ya kondoo kucheka kioo
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Riotcoke

05 Jul 2019, 11:57

Squamiger wrote:

but ive tried mexican food in the UK and it is garbage and completely different from what can get for half the price anywhere in the former Mexican states of the American west

Your singular experience with Mexican food in the UK does not mean that Mexican food in the UK bad. Also mexican food is refried beans and cheese so it's not like it's culinarily exciting.
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
United States of America evilcheadar
Jaeger

05 Jul 2019, 14:29

Riotcoke wrote:
Squamiger wrote:

Your singular experience with Mexican food in the UK does not mean that Mexican food in the UK bad. Also mexican food is refried beans and cheese so it's not like it's culinarily exciting.

I like the idea of considering mexican food to be 2 component items. Like saying American food is ketchup and mustard.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

05 Jul 2019, 14:51

To be fair, when I think "damn, I want some Mexican", I'm thinking of a medium hot chunky salsa and melted cheese.

Good, legit Mexican food is difficult to find in most places outside of Mexico. Unless you live near an area with a lot of immigrants from Mexico, chances of there being a good Mexican restaurant nearby is very slim.
I love good methamphetamine; highly addictive.
Jaeger

05 Jul 2019, 14:54

XeeleeFlower wrote:To be fair, when I think "damn, I want some Mexican", I'm thinking of a medium hot chunky salsa and melted cheese.

Good, legit Mexican food is difficult to find in most places outside of Mexico. Unless you live near an area with a lot of immigrants from Mexico, chances of there being a good Mexican restaurant nearby is very slim.

Taco Bell is everywhere

Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

05 Jul 2019, 14:58

First of all, no, it's not. Sadly, there is not 1 Taco Bell in this country. :cry: Taco Bell is my favorite fast food and once upon a time, I would eat there at least 5 times a week. I love their breakfast bowl. Add some guac on it and hot damn is that shit good as fuck!

Secondly, I wouldn't call Taco Bell good legit Mexican food. :P
Jaeger

05 Jul 2019, 15:05

XeeleeFlower wrote:First of all, no, it's not. Sadly, there is not 1 Taco Bell in this country. :cry: Taco Bell is my favorite fast food and once upon a time, I would eat there at least 5 times a week. I love their breakfast bowl. Add some guac on it and hot damn is that shit good as fuck!

Can you get grub hub delivered from another country?

Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team

05 Jul 2019, 15:08

XeeleeFlower wrote:First of all, no, it's not. Sadly, there is not 1 Taco Bell in this country. :cry: Taco Bell is my favorite fast food and once upon a time, I would eat there at least 5 times a week. I love their breakfast bowl. Add some guac on it and hot damn is that shit good as fuck!

There's a taco bell down the street from the BnB in Manchester :D
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

05 Jul 2019, 15:10

No @evilcheadar

Speaking of food, what time does lunch start and end? When does dinner begin and end? @Interjection

Also, is this a comprehensive list of all the people who are coming?
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme

05 Jul 2019, 15:31

Riotcoke wrote:

I assume she means the country she lives in
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team

05 Jul 2019, 15:33

gibson wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:

I assume she means the country she lives in

Yes i know.
Great Britain Interjection
Lancer
Donator 04
ESO: Interjection

05 Jul 2019, 16:57

@XeeleeFlower I have updated the front page.

Based on ticket sales, we're expecting about 40 guests including staff & players.
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team

05 Jul 2019, 17:00

Who changed rouga's name to diArOuGa
Lancer
Donator 04

05 Jul 2019, 17:00

8-)
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: SirCallen

05 Jul 2019, 17:52

I'm going to chase shots of liquor with Marmite.
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team

05 Jul 2019, 18:04

SirCallen wrote:I'm going to chase shots of liquor with Marmite.

A classic British chaser is the Ladyboy, maybe try that.
Lancer
Donator 04

06 Jul 2019, 13:36

For everyone staying at the Travelodge booked through Escape, I thought it would be useful to put all the information in one place:

Here it is: https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/489 ... wton-hotel

Breakfast and wifi is included.

You can check in from 2:30 PM UK Time.
On the final day, you must checkout by 12:00 noon UK time.

The studio is here: https://goo.gl/maps/w9LxuEYYVvrtvQ2v8

EDIT: The room is paid for, you will not need to exchange any money with the travelodge. We will invoice you today, expect an email from Zak where you will receive instructions on how to pay Escape.
Lancer
Donator 04

06 Jul 2019, 18:58

More info:

There is a bus that stops nearby the travelodge and conveniently goes by the studio. Google maps is your friend here! https://goo.gl/maps/w9LxuEYYVvrtvQ2v8

Select the bus option and it will tell you where to go to catch the bus.

Don't worry, it will be very obvious when you arrive at the studio! There is a giant sign saying "Moss Industiral Estate". When you see it, press the stop button. Then it's a 1 minute walk to us :)
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

08 Jul 2019, 07:15

Just landed in London!

let the water
touch the tongue
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme

08 Jul 2019, 07:20

Ordered a gin and tonic with London Dry Gin at the London Bar!

let the water
touch the tongue
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

08 Jul 2019, 07:59

SirCallen wrote:Ordered a gin and tonic with London Dry Gin at the London Bar!
In the morning! :shock:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

08 Jul 2019, 08:06

SirCallen wrote:Just landed in London!

Instead of leaving the airport you should come down to Marbella.
:devil:
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center
Catalonia Vinyanyérë
ESOC Community Team
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira

08 Jul 2019, 08:19

XeeleeFlower wrote:
SirCallen wrote:Ordered a gin and tonic with London Dry Gin at the London Bar!
In the morning! :shock:

Airports exist in all timezones simultaneously. It's whatever time Callen wants it to be
duck
Vinyanyérë

Forum Info

Return to “General”